Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I almost crashed the server and caused it to lag.  (Read 3030 times)

Offline Dante

I almost crashed the server and caused it to lag.
« on: July 15, 2013, 11:32:16 PM »

There are more corpses under the corpses and above the elevator. You can thank the Vulcan for that. I actually made Ts lose since it made the Elevator stuck. 1 UP couldn't get to the top due to how many bodies were there.

Offline caboose74

Re: I almost crashed the server and caused it to lag.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 11:42:07 PM »
this is why the vulcan should be removed

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 11:42:07 PM »

Offline Dante

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 11:52:54 PM »
this is why the vulcan should be removed
To be honest I could have knifed the detective and gotten the frenchy, and do the same. Or Incin and spray.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 11:55:42 PM »
Or Gasdump should be removed, that elevator causes SO MANY problems on ZM, the game the map was designed for, I can only imagine how awful that map is on TTT.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Dante

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 11:58:31 PM »
It works fine in TTT, except for elevator.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 12:00:05 AM »
Yeah same w/ ZM that elevator fucks the whole map up 1/2 the time.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Kountd0wn

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 01:25:17 AM »
Or Gasdump should be removed, that elevator causes SO MANY problems on ZM, the game the map was designed for, I can only imagine how awful that map is on TTT.

Not so much that it glitches out (however it does, with that stupid elevator). I just don't enjoy playing that map on TTT - it's just not made for that gamemode :P

Offline nucleartaco

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 03:55:13 AM »
How hard would it be to get rid of the elevator and replace it with a flight of stairs?

If you did a simple flight of stairs it would be easy (such as the one in the tower of Hendrix). All you would need to know is how to delete stuff, add blocks and if you wanted to add a door you would need to know that. I think compiling the map would take longer to do. Iv done a very simple map before and I didn't find it all that hard I just couldn't compile it.

Quote from:  Old Crow
All i want is Nucleartaco's near mine.

Quote from:  Muffins
Muffins: You know i was looking at peoples sigs and i have never been quoted in one :(

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 08:37:14 AM »
The Vulcan isn't at fault, the had dump elevator just happens to be terrible.

Offline Dante

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 12:46:50 PM »
How hard would it be to get rid of the elevator and replace it with a flight of stairs?

If you did a simple flight of stairs it would be easy (such as the one in the tower of Hendrix). All you would need to know is how to delete stuff, add blocks and if you wanted to add a door you would need to know that. I think compiling the map would take longer to do. Iv done a very simple map before and I didn't find it all that hard I just couldn't compile it.
That has never happened to me. Did you try re installing Hammer?

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 01:04:53 PM »

That has never happened to me. Did you try re installing Hammer?

Depends if the BSP has something to stop editing, you can remove it by removing either any and all lights or env_cubemaps and readding them.

If not, then it might just be you, if you had the .VMF, I could compile it myself.
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline drazil96

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 12:26:27 AM »
this is to funny. i cant believe you almost crashed the server. i also can't believe i missed it.

Offline Dante

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 12:38:58 AM »
I couldn't stop laughing for 3 whole minutes. I cost us the round, but I killed so many people. Thinking about it makes me laugh.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 12:38:58 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal