Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 90 Minute Half-Life 2 Speed Run  (Read 6367 times)

Offline Sniper no Sniping

90 Minute Half-Life 2 Speed Run
« on: July 09, 2013, 01:14:40 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV-AWxqYAgc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV-AWxqYAgc</a>

New Half-Life 2 speed run record. Took this guy over 600 days to get right.

Offline Old Crow

Re: 90 Minute Half-Life 2 Speed Run
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 04:11:08 AM »
When he picked up that first barrel and starting flying, I was like 0_0 thats simply amazing.

It really shows off how well the physics in the game were created (and exploited)
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 04:11:08 AM »

Offline Link236

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 10:50:40 AM »
I just watched this for like 20 minutes straight. My face the whole time:

O_O
Welcome to the Hotel ConjointGaming...
you can check out anytime you like- but you can never leaveeeee
*guitar solo time*
I'll show you the world, Link. Just take my hand and come with meeee~
Quote from: Gustav
(TEAM) Guztav: I totally want to slap his ass right now
Quote from: All of Haiti
*DEAD* (TEAM) All of Haiti: NEXT MAP. IN AN ALLEY. BRING THE DILDOS.

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 10:54:06 AM »
I just watched this for like 20 minutes straight. My face the whole time:

O_O

I watch the whole thing, I don't know what you're so in awe about, it's so easy.

IN all seriousness, watched the whole thing, was really cool :3
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 11:55:43 AM »
I won't have 90 minutes free at one time to watch this until tomorrow.  :-\

I imagine there's a lot of prop jumping involved eh?

edit: I just watched some of it and what's with all the splicing of footage? I call BS.  Even if its impressive, hacking together all that isn't a legit speedrun.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 02:17:12 PM by Christovski »

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline AbkaFlab

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 02:21:08 PM »
Wow hes fast  :o and how he used the props to "prop surf" like in TTT, woah. He has to have the whole HL2 campaign memorized too.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 02:24:15 PM by AbkaFlab »

Offline Sniper no Sniping

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 02:24:10 PM »
Actually, this is a GROUP of people each putting swapping out for different segments of the story. It isn't done by one person but maybe around 7-9 different people.

Also the part I find the most amazing is how he manages to FLY over the ENTIRE DRIVING SECTION and OVER THE OCEAN to the lighthouse.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 02:55:04 PM »
Also remember that HL2 has those stops in between chapters, there aren't any loading screens, but the frame stops for a second.

Yeah Sniper I was about to say the same.

"Nope fuck your car, I'm just going to fly across this coast, into the prison in about three minutes time"
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Christovski

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 07:28:12 PM »
Ok while I admit a lot of this is amazing, it is obvious the people doing this have some serious fucking problems, or are like 13 years old.

Spazzing out when having to wait for dialog, drawing penises and shit on the walls, zooming in on Alyx's ass or tits all the time.

What a bunch of whackjobs.

Again, the speedrunning is ridiculously impressive, but these guys are tapped in the head.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 07:53:23 PM »
Ok while I admit a lot of this is amazing, it is obvious the people doing this have some serious fucking problems, or are like 13 years old.

Spazzing out when having to wait for dialog, drawing penises and shit on the walls, zooming in on Alyx's ass or tits all the time.

Again, the speedrunning is ridiculously impressive, but these guys are tapped in the head.

Just being silly, the only person that really is just a perv is matmo, like wtf.
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 08:48:38 PM »

Just being silly, the only person that really is just a perv is matmo, like wtf.

If it took me 600 days to get it right I'd probably have gone crazy too
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 08:54:31 PM »
Yeah that's what I'm sayin Cortez you can tell they're all spazzing out when there's dialog because they can't stand sitting still and not GOING FAST they're so twitchy.

I want to try some of that reverse bunnyhop shit, I want to understand how they achieved such intense acceleration for some of those shots.

Offline Red

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 01:51:05 AM »
Gordon freeman, it really is you isn't it
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 01:18:22 PM »
Yeah that's what I'm sayin Cortez you can tell they're all spazzing out when there's dialog because they can't stand sitting still and not GOING FAST they're so twitchy.

I want to try some of that reverse bunnyhop shit, I want to understand how they achieved such intense acceleration for some of those shots.

I have to agree, even I am skeptical about some of the acceleration. I love the HL series and I am glad people still play it. I am also glad to find that there is a group of people with such a love for it that they would spend almost 2 years creating something like this playing it.
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 01:22:28 PM »

I have to agree, even I am skeptical about some of the acceleration. I love the HL series and I am glad people still play it. I am also glad to find that there is a group of people with such a love for it that they would spend almost 2 years creating something like this playing it.

They may have altered the air acceleration value. Regardless it's still a very impressive feat.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 01:22:28 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal