Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dota2 MatchMaking System  (Read 864 times)

Offline Doc. Mentalist S.

Dota2 MatchMaking System
« on: July 24, 2013, 06:54:14 PM »
As a person with under 300 I somehow get matched with people with 400+ wins. Honestly though wins don't matter. As of recently I found out that i was matched under High to very high skill level. Out of most of the friends that I play with are in Normal. So just a heads up, if you play dota2 with me you're going to have a bad time being paired up with Very high to high skill.

To find out if you've been playing in very high skill level bracket go under the watch tab > recent games > filter

Search your name exactly, and set your skill level.

What are your thoughts on this broken matchmaking system?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 06:55:55 PM by Doc. Mentalist S. »

Offline Blackllama

Re: Dota2 MatchMaking System
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 06:58:36 PM »
What's broken about it?

Bad players dragged to higher level is better than good players dragged lower. The bad players can either stop playing with good friends or improve. If good players are dragged down the enemy players are stomped and it is fun for nobody.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 06:58:36 PM »

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 02:00:15 AM »
Stop trying to figure out the dota 2 matchmaking system, they already said its not working as they wished and that they are making an entirely new system for it.

Offline Doc. Mentalist S.

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 05:48:03 AM »
What's broken about the game is that I'm an average dota2 player that gets paired with Very High skilled players. Along with others that i noticed being paired with other CG players. It's easy to say that you should play with random people, but where's the fun in that?

Besides that there are soo many people out there smurfing into low skill games.

Offline Dante

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 01:29:21 PM »
I have the opposite problem. I get a Zeus that want's to carry. A Rubik that demands the Jungler get the courier.
Theres always 2 people yelling about who gets mid. People trying Meepo without doing bots. People who will purposefully call missing, and randoms in captains mode that will blow off what the rest of the team wants or can do.
Then I get a 50/30/20% chance to get paired against a competent team/A Clan or Team/ An enemy team exactly the same. I generally get between 10 and 15 kills a game with 0-5 Deaths. But I am still in the lower tiers because of   "carry zeus" Feeding, along with Huskars tanking towers early game, Spirit Breakers diving full hp targets under towers, like Abaddon and general stupidity.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 01:29:21 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal