Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Building a PC  (Read 8111 times)

Offline Tyber

Building a PC
« on: May 23, 2013, 05:50:34 AM »
I need something in the 1000-1200 range, but am willing to spend more if need be.

Intel processor and Radeon card if possible. If you want a representation of power, I would like to play modern games (Metro Last Light, Battlefield 3, Bioshock Infinite, Chivalry.) at high, not necessarily ultra, on 1080p.

Is this possible? If so, some pointers please, such as where to buy the parts, what parts of course ect.

Offline Past

Re: Building a PC
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 06:20:36 AM »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 06:20:36 AM »

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 03:19:49 PM »
That is a very high budget, you'll be able to build a very nice rig with that.

My suggestions:

8GB of DDR3 ram

A lot of people suggest that an i5 is better for gaming than an i7, so maybe i5-3570k (very high end)

For Radeon the 7000 series is all good cards, just remember that AMD isn't universally supported by games but nvidia has crap customer support (ask Cadaver)

Asus makes some decent motherboards, the website suggested this one with the i5-3570k

For the other stuff it helps to just shop around and ask opinions. Do some research yourself too, it's all out there. A lot of youtubers say what rig their using on their channels like this (out of your price range but just an example).
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 03:27:47 PM »
Ditch the radeon and get a real card ;D

AMD is getting their ass kicked lately for card performance

http://www.tested.com/tech/pcs/455677-geforce-gtx-780-review-nvidias-relentless-march/

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline BladeTwinSwords

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 03:32:00 PM »
For $1000 I could easily make a computer that can run that stuff on High.

Offline Tyber

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 09:48:26 PM »
Guys, I'm a noob, as well as lazy. It would be nice for you guys to just flatly say "Here's the specs go have fun kid" :3

Right now I'm looking at this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PTBv

I like radeon best because, even with a 5-7 year old radeon card (ATI Radeon 2600 XT Mobility), I can play Bioshock infinite on high without shadows at about 25 fps. That's impressive if you ask me.

HALP ME D:

Offline AbkaFlab

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 10:48:45 PM »
Guys, I'm a noob, as well as lazy. It would be nice for you guys to just flatly say "Here's the specs go have fun kid" :3

Right now I'm looking at this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PTBv

I like radeon best because, even with a 5-7 year old radeon card (ATI Radeon 2600 XT Mobility), I can play Bioshock infinite on high without shadows at about 25 fps. That's impressive if you ask me.

HALP ME D:

That actually looks like a really balanced build except, don't get the i7 uncles your going to be editing video. It has zero difference over the i5 in gaming.

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 10:56:36 PM »
Being an AMD fanboy I would recommend at least looking at the FX-8350 it is god tier. As for the GPU nvidia and AMD are neck and neck in the mid tier's so its really up to finding the better card in your price range. Also what are you looking for in a computer other than specs(aka small size, noise levels, overclocking) Also what asthetics do you find most appealing, do you like the look of the phantom or a more subtle look. Its all about your personal preference really on what build you get and what you want to use it for.

Central Processing Unit(CPU)- AMD FX-8350/8320 or Intel(if you can get one cheap)

MotherBoard- all bout what CPU you get(something in the 200 or under range should be fine)

Memory(RAM)- 0 fucks given but 8gb is your best bet for gaming

Graphics Processing Unit(GPU)- a Radeon 7950 would be a good choice

Power Supply Unit(PSU)- Its always best to overkill the watts, also if it looks to good to be true it probably is so don't go for any no name brands.

Edit: I would also get a small SSD that can fit windows and a 1TB HDD for everything else, also you can get a backup drive to store everything if you're paranoid and hate money.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 11:23:43 PM by Liam Neeson »

Offline Tyber

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 11:06:08 PM »
Liam, I have NO idea what half of those things are.

Me and my bro are building this, so I'ma have to talk to him, but noise doesn't really matter to me, nor does design. I don't wanna sacrifice power for size, so don't worry about that either.

Am I good just going with this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PTBv?

Offline UnknownError

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 11:18:02 PM »
Come on Tyber, you scrub.

CPU- Central Processing Unit, which is the AMD or Intel Chip you decide on (I have a i5 runs games fine)
MB - Mother Board, make sure its compatible with your CPU
GPU- Graphics Processing Unit, make sure you don't skimp out on this, I run AMD but I hear great stuff from Nvidia.
PSU- Power Supply Unit, make sure you can run everything else, and it can put out enough electricity. I suggest modular, makes everything less crowded inside the computer.
"DONT JUST WHIP IT OUT"-All of Haiti
"my nipples are hard" - Mrs.TheNurse (MeOwMoO)
"Guztav: How dare you leave me, you beuitiful individual full of love"
"Time to eat 8 tacos" - BladeTwinSwords
"How about I send your buttcheeks to Tybers "magic stick" - Linkster
"+1, seems like a guy who doesn't abuse power, etc."- Death
"He betta wrap dat sheet, ho. Don't want no baby unknowns runnin round" - Oobla
"YOU WANT SOME MORE CRACKERS" - Nexus

Best on TTT: 12 Kills, 8 Headshots

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 11:57:09 PM »
Liam, I have NO idea what half of those things are.

Me and my bro are building this, so I'ma have to talk to him, but noise doesn't really matter to me, nor does design. I don't wanna sacrifice power for size, so don't worry about that either.

Am I good just going with this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PTBv?
For how much money you want to drop you should really look into it further. And if you don't find coming up with builds interesting you might just be best off ordering from some computer building site something within your price range.

Edit: also AMD cpu that is all
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:10:05 AM by Liam Neeson »

Offline UnknownError

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 12:13:47 AM »

Uh... I use to have a computer with an AMD chip, there was just something about the quality of it. I think there is a difference between Intel chips. Anyways, AMD chips usually are cheaper than the iCore series.
"DONT JUST WHIP IT OUT"-All of Haiti
"my nipples are hard" - Mrs.TheNurse (MeOwMoO)
"Guztav: How dare you leave me, you beuitiful individual full of love"
"Time to eat 8 tacos" - BladeTwinSwords
"How about I send your buttcheeks to Tybers "magic stick" - Linkster
"+1, seems like a guy who doesn't abuse power, etc."- Death
"He betta wrap dat sheet, ho. Don't want no baby unknowns runnin round" - Oobla
"YOU WANT SOME MORE CRACKERS" - Nexus

Best on TTT: 12 Kills, 8 Headshots

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 12:23:22 AM »

Uh... I use to have a computer with an AMD chip, there was just something about the quality of it. I think there is a difference between Intel chips. Anyways, AMD chips usually are cheaper than the iCore series.
Well Intel also makes celeron CPUs, when you buy an Intel you're paying for the name.

Edit: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113284
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:33:46 AM by Liam Neeson »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 02:39:37 AM »

Intel builds a superior CPU when it comes to both Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge series. Nearly all games also cannot utilize the eight core CPU of AMD then there is the issue that they may be bankrupt by the end of the year.

Also NVidia>Radeon. Nvid might have crap customer support, but their cards seem to be more stable with a wider variety of games. I do occasionally go back to 1997 to play Roller Coaster Tycoon and want the ability to play it!
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 03:45:34 AM »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 03:45:34 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal