Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I learned today that a draft was still a thing, what do you guys think?  (Read 10903 times)

Offline Coreybush11

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_Service_System

This is the system that is in the U.S., while not really a draft forcing people to join immediately it is still forcing them to go in case of war. If you don't sign up, you could potentially be fined and be unable to get a government job. If someone has more knowledge on the subject I would be glad to hear it.

I think it is utter bullshit. I didn't ever plan on serving in the military and I sure as well don't want to sign something saying that I will under the threat of being unable to get any grant to go to college or a fine, not to mention that it is singling out men compared to women who do not have to register.

Offline Inject OH 4

This is the system that is in the U.S., while not really a draft forcing people to join immediately it is still forcing them to go in case of war. If you don't sign up, you could potentially be fined and be unable to get a government job. If someone has more knowledge on the subject I would be glad to hear it.

I think it is utter bullshit. I didn't ever plan on serving in the military and I sure as well don't want to sign something saying that I will under the threat of being unable to get any grant to go to college or a fine, not to mention that it is singling out men compared to women who do not have to register.
Didn't liam already tell you this in vent a few months ago?
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

Offline Blackllama

I'd rather let them nuke/bomb me and die at home then go to war and die there. I don't want to kill people either. Woman should be drafted if there is going to be a draft, but there shouldn't be a draft at all.

Offline Coreybush11

Didn't liam already tell you this in vent a few months ago?

Dude I don't remember what happened yesterday let alone a few months ago. I probably wasn't listening anyway. All I know is my Latin teacher was talking about this for some reason cuz someone is turning 18 soon and it just got me all worked up.

Offline UnknownError

I'd rather let them nuke/bomb me and die at home then go to war and die there. I don't want to kill people either. Woman should be drafted if there is going to be a draft, but there shouldn't be a draft at all.

If I'm called for by my country, I'm going to fight. To protect my family, and my country. Not being too nationalistic, but if you want to stand around and see your peers die, thats dishonorable.

Most of the time, especially now in modern times, we won't see combat roles.
"DONT JUST WHIP IT OUT"-All of Haiti
"my nipples are hard" - Mrs.TheNurse (MeOwMoO)
"Guztav: How dare you leave me, you beuitiful individual full of love"
"Time to eat 8 tacos" - BladeTwinSwords
"How about I send your buttcheeks to Tybers "magic stick" - Linkster
"+1, seems like a guy who doesn't abuse power, etc."- Death
"He betta wrap dat sheet, ho. Don't want no baby unknowns runnin round" - Oobla
"YOU WANT SOME MORE CRACKERS" - Nexus

Best on TTT: 12 Kills, 8 Headshots

Offline Christovski

If the country needs defense, people need to man up and defend it.  That's the core idea of it

Unfortunately they also used it for things like the Vietnam war.

Honestly I don't know how you haven't known about it, its been around for decades and decades, hence women are left out (it was only very recently they let women into active combat roles)

But if, for example, some force was in fact attacking our country, and we needed defenders, draft is there to try to stop pussying out and running to another country, instead of standing and fighting.

That is not to say that it won't be used for bullshit like fighting another country on THEIR soil, but it was originally created for a legitimate purpose.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

If the country needs defense, people need to man up and defend it.  That's the core idea of it

Unfortunately they also used it for things like the Vietnam war.

Honestly I don't know how you haven't known about it, its been around for decades and decades, hence women are left out (it was only very recently they let women into active combat roles)

But if, for example, some force was in fact attacking our country, and we needed defenders, draft is there to try to stop pussying out and running to another country, instead of standing and fighting.

That is not to say that it won't be used for bullshit like fighting another country on THEIR soil, but it was originally created for a legitimate purpose.

I pretty much agree with everything in this post. If just about any country is ever involved in a serious conflict some form of personnel draft will be implemented, that's just how things work. You can't win a war without manpower.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline UnknownError

I have to sign up for the Selective Service in like 2 years, I don't really mind too much.

It would have to get pretty drastic, if America wants to start using on the group troops. Normally we fight wars now with special ops, drones, or bombs. We're more about precision now then sending 50,000 young males to fight wars. Last time they enacted this was Vietnam.

The point of women not yet included in the act is. Imagine a woman POW getting captured..and then add TV and Internet. Rape already happens to guys, but seeing a woman is a different ball park.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

It would have to get pretty drastic, if America wants to start using on the group troops. Normally we fight wars now with special ops, drones, or bombs. We're more about precision now then sending 50,000 young males to fight wars. Last time they enacted this was Vietnam.

Not quite... The rifle core still plays a huge part in current armed conflicts.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Old Crow

Corey you should be proud to server your country if she needs it. Vietnam really didn't need a draft and it was quite stupid of them to have one, but its more used for emergency times, such as World War I and II.

There will come a time again were a draft will be used. If so, I would prefer to pick my service then get drafted. That would either mean Marines, Airborne, or Navy. Of course I think it covers from ages 18 to 26, but I would still join up if something major happened.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Blackllama

The point of women not yet included in the act is. Imagine a woman POW getting captured..and then add TV and Internet. Rape already happens to guys, but seeing a woman is a different ball park.
Do you expect being a POW to be fun? Bad shit is going to happen no matter what your gender is. This is no reason not to draft them.

Offline UnknownError

Do you expect being a POW to be fun? Bad shit is going to happen no matter what your gender is. This is no reason not to draft them.

I meant more of how media is going to see it. Having an american woman raped on national news is going to infuriate he public much more than a man. Who is suppose to "tough it up". Government does not want public support to wane during a war.

Offline Tictactoe360

s)

If it's for the sake of defending your on country in an attack the person would be a coward to night fight. If Something is threatening to take away your home or harm you friends and family you better be willing to fight for them or you don't deserve them.

If you're being forced to go to a different country to fight that's a completely different deal. However you better be seriously injured or disabled to think you're just going to sit around and watch if someone ever attacks your country.

Offline Dante

Fuck America. I hate this country so bad. Why defend a country full of people I despise. Sure I don't hate all Americans, but so many are so stupid I'd wish they do get drafted, as cannon fodder. I am already making plans to take vacation and possibly move, to Germany and Russia, where my ancestors were from. Because if the 3 Gotcher brothers (Mercenaries) saw America the way it is now, they would have either taken money or just not fight, instead of getting free land.

Offline Tictactoe360

Fuck America. I hate this country so bad. Why defend a country full of people I despise. Sure I don't hate all Americans, but so many are so stupid I'd wish they do get drafted, as cannon fodder. I am already making plans to take vacation and possibly move, to Germany and Russia, where my ancestors were from. Because if the 3 Gotcher brothers (Mercenaries) saw America the way it is now, they would have either taken money or just not fight, instead of getting free land.

Can't Tell if trolling, Drunk or fucking batshit insane.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal