Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: [TTT] Mercy's Application  (Read 8898 times)

Offline Mercy

[TTT] Mercy's Application
« on: April 28, 2013, 02:51:47 PM »
Were you recommended by an admin? If so state the name: Gustav

In game name: Mercy

Link to your steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CODAutonomous/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:54663185

Do you have past admin experience: No

Why you wish to be admin: As a long term player on CG I have seen countless issues involving no available admins online resulting in vulnerable players. By becoming an admin I aim to prevent this from happening and providing a secure environment. I also want to give something back to the community that's given me the best experience they could give.

What are some good qualities you possess: Maturity, ability to accept responsibility, a vast knowledge of right and wrong, knowledge of the rules, humbleness, an active player that has a good standing in the community.

What country are you from: Wales, United Kingdom.

Microphone: Yes

Additional Notes: I have been respected and privileged on past servers.

EDIT: I accept that I did necro once in the past, but I believe I redeemed myself after apologizing to Oldcrow as it was unintentional. Also my activity on the forums has increased a lot in the past month. I have posted over 25+ in the past week and am continuing to post. The forum has become more of an enjoyment than a labour for me so I find it easy to post 3+ times daily. Please note that my activity on the server is also extremely frequent as I am a European player and only play on Conjoint servers. This adds up to about 90% of my playing time being on CG TTT. :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 04:34:32 AM by Mercy »
FRESDOM!

Quote from: All of Haiti
Mercy = bad singer and aimbot
Quote from: Slayha -,..,- (Rageoholic)
I hear masturbation increases TTT abilities....

Quote from: Lone Grey
Lone Grey: I am pissed at something else right now.
Lone Grey: Just in denial
Lone Grey: I JUST SAW THE FUCKING SEASON 3 FINALE OF MY LITTLE PONY

Quote from: Old Crow
so of you have both don't fret!

Offline AbkaFlab

Re: [TTT] Mercy's Application
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 02:54:31 PM »
+1 Ive never had any problems with him

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 02:54:31 PM »

Offline Billy

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 02:54:59 PM »
I like how, in your groups, the Tendovvi Fan Page is your main group.. And ConjointGaming isn't even in the top 3.

I don't like that.

-1 from the aforementioned, and +.5 for Mercy as a player. I don't see you too often, but you've never broken any rules in my presence and are otherwise a decent person.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline Guztav.

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 02:56:27 PM »

One of the best players in my opinion.

Knows the rules well, and is always trying to help me solve rdm and ghosting.

EDIT:I can somewhat agree on the fast judgements/assumptions but I think he will learn as he goes on, just a little training and he'll be good, so I'm going to give a massive +1 for a player, but I'm still going to +1 for admin because he's such a good player and helps admins.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:24:09 PM by Gustav »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 03:02:23 PM »
I like how, in your groups, the Tendovvi Fan Page is your main group.. And ConjointGaming isn't even in the top 3.

I don't like that.

-1 from the aforementioned, and +.5 for Mercy as a player. I don't see you too often, but you've never broken any rules in my presence and are otherwise a decent person.

ummmmm why the hell does that matter? That's up to him if he wants that on his Steam page. Its not a requirement either.

I would say -1. Had a few Necro problems and you need to post more. Additionally I just don't think you are cutout for the job. You seem to make judgments far too fast from what I have seen. You're a good player, but again just don't think you would make a good admin.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 10:15:00 PM by Old Crow »
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Billy

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 03:09:05 PM »

I don't like that.

ummmmm why the hell does that matter? That's up to him if he wants that on his Steam page. Its not a requirement either.

It says things about his person. If applications were based strictly on requirements, then nearly everyone that applies would just be accepted. And the -1 is more for the Tendovvi fan page than it is for the lack of CG being there. I hope this is all self-explanitory.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 03:11:21 PM »

I don't like that.

It says things about his person. If applications were based strictly on requirements, then nearly everyone that applies would just be accepted. And the -1 is more for the Tendovvi fan page than it is for the lack of CG being there. I hope this is all self-explanitory.
I don't understand why liking Tendovvi means he shouldn't be an admin, not self-explanatory enough I guess.

Offline Jordan789

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 03:18:06 PM »
+.5
Stop necroing, be more active on the forums.
Over all great and friendly player, and always seems to be helping the admins out.+
I vote Gustav. Gustav is my favorite CL.
Leetgrain: Conjoint Gaming: Taste the miserable rainbow.

Gather army, we strike at dawn.
TAKE THE SYRUP!!!!
Gustav showing off his UK passion:
4:05 PM - Guztav: tell me wot he says
4:05 PM - Jordan789.exe: LOLOLOL
4:05 PM - Jordan789.exe: U WOT M8?
4:05 PM - Jordan789.exe: U WOT
4:05 PM - Guztav: XD
Ask her out to your chicken farm, then show her all of your cocks. She'll be surprised.
Link236: If you make a dildo map, then it's cool
"Leetgrain: I don't like having hairs in my mouth."

Offline Billy

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 03:25:16 PM »
I don't understand why liking Tendovvi means he shouldn't be an admin, not self-explanatory enough I guess.

Think about it this way: If you were an employer and you found out an interviewee was part of a neo-nazi party, you'd be less likely to hire that man, yes?

This man may be a good man. He may be right for the job. He may not follow the stereotype that tends to follow neo-nazis. But he willingly chooses to affiliate himself with a group known for racism, hatred, and otherwise no good -- regardless of if he may or may not share any of these traits.

Now replace neo-nazis with the Tendovvi Fan Page, and replace racism, hatred and otherwise no good with immaturity, general dislike amongst the public, dependency, and a subjectively annoying tendency to either mic spam, complain about missing shots, and/or buying a Vintar every single round and then not contributing to your team.

Mercy may or may not share any of these traits. In fact, he shows the opposite. He's a good guy, as far as I'm concerned. But he willingly chooses to pool himself in with a group that otherwise brings no good to the table.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline Andredem

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 03:26:51 PM »
The name seems familiar, I've been somewhat active recently and I've seen him but not much stuff stands out. He is a EURO admin though, and we need more of those, so I'll keep my eye out for him as I play. I don't have enough to make an actual decision yet

0 for right now
"Get busy livin' or get busy dying"

Offline TheCrazyGummy

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 03:31:01 PM »
+1

responsible person and makes good decisions :)

Offline Guztav.

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 03:33:02 PM »

Think about it this way: If you were an employer and you found out an interviewee was part of a neo-nazi party, you'd be less likely to hire that man, yes?

This man may be a good man. He may be right for the job. He may not follow the stereotype that tends to follow neo-nazis. But he willingly chooses to affiliate himself with a group known for racism, hatred, and otherwise no good -- regardless of if he may or may not share any of these traits.

Now replace neo-nazis with the Tendovvi Fan Page, and replace racism, hatred and otherwise no good with immaturity, general dislike amongst the public, dependency, and a subjectively annoying tendency to either mic spam, complain about missing shots, and/or buying a Vintar every single round and then not contributing to your team.

Mercy may or may not share any of these traits. In fact, he shows the opposite. He's a good guy, as far as I'm concerned. But he willingly chooses to pool himself in with a group that otherwise brings no good to the table.
Some people in his group are good people, just because others in his group show racism, rude language etc, does not mean all of them do, also what you said about the neo-nazi party thing, this is not the case whatsoever, it's a fan group on steam. Mercy is a good person, plays against the rules all the time, doesn't rage either (from what I've seen), so why judge him because he's in Tendovvi's group, maybe he likes Tendovvi?
I understand your point and why you are saying it, but what I don't understand is why you would judge him on something completely irrelevant to becoming an admin.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 03:34:06 PM »

I'm sorry, but that was the worst comparison ever. Players don't have to like Tendovvi, liking Tendovvi will not affect his admining. Lots of people dislike anime, why not get rid of all the admins involved in the code geass cult. Many people dislike bronies, we got plenty of them admining as well. Does it affect their admining? No.

I'm not sure if Mercy should be admin or not, but affiliation with fan groups shouldn't affect anything. Tendovvi is not hitler and does not lead a troll clan, he just makes videos and some people find him annoying when he does certain things.

We are an open community for a reason, people can like what they like. They can also complain about shitboxes.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:36:27 PM by Blackllama »

Offline Mercy

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 03:38:32 PM »
Thanks for the feedback so far guys. :)
FRESDOM!

Quote from: All of Haiti
Mercy = bad singer and aimbot
Quote from: Slayha -,..,- (Rageoholic)
I hear masturbation increases TTT abilities....

Quote from: Lone Grey
Lone Grey: I am pissed at something else right now.
Lone Grey: Just in denial
Lone Grey: I JUST SAW THE FUCKING SEASON 3 FINALE OF MY LITTLE PONY

Quote from: Old Crow
so of you have both don't fret!

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 03:42:17 PM »
Black couldn't have put it any better  ;)

I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 03:42:17 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal