Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone here do Hackintoshes?  (Read 778 times)

Offline Kacey

Anyone here do Hackintoshes?
« on: April 26, 2013, 01:06:39 AM »
I had to pull my GPU in order to be able to even get the apple splash screen. IF I didn't it gave me a driver error then restarted.

I've been working on installing the latest version of Mountain Lion on my computer to no avail. I've been following a few guides from youtube and tonymacx86 but I've run into the issue now of trying to get to the installer. I've got my unibeast/multibeast flashdrive with ML on it ready, plug it into my computer, put SATA Mode to AHCI in the UEFI Bios (can't find any of the other mentioned settings, help? the video wasn't UEFI) and open the Chimera start screen. If I just hit the Unibeast drive I get a flash of the apple screen for about half a second then the computer restarts back to bios and throws me back into Chimera.

If I press the down arrow and type commands, no matter what I do (-x, GraphicsEnabler=No, etc) I still get the same result unless -v is there (command to disable apple splash screen and show actual booting of installer), in which case it will scroll for 90 seconds or so then restart.

It's also worth noting that since starting trying to install this, I've had one of my hard drives start going crazy and two BSODs since pulling and reinstalling my card while playing MW2 on Steam.

I'm uploading a video on this now.

Offline Blackllama

Re: Anyone here do Hackintoshes?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 01:12:33 AM »
So what are you doing? Dual booting windows and ML on separate partitions? Is it a separate HDD or the same one?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 01:12:33 AM »

Offline Kacey

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 01:13:30 AM »
So what are you doing? Dual booting windows and ML on separate partitions? Is it a separate HDD or the same one?

Dualbooting W8 and ML, W8 on my SSD and gonna put ML on a partition of a spare 640gb I have, also going to put Ubuntu on the other partition of the 640gb and keep my 1tb for storage.

EDIT: Just BSOD'd again. It's a driver issue.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 01:20:36 AM by Kacey »

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 01:15:25 AM »
And make sure you are doing it the "legal" way, as you may run into the illegal activities rule, otherwise.

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 09:51:22 PM »
You should be able to get to the BIOS through the UEFI ,but I may be mistaken. Although before you put to much effort into setting up dual booting(or tri booting from the sound of it) you should consider whether or not the monstrous headache is worth it.

Also unless he explicitly discusses or admits to taking part in these sort of activities within the thread I don't really see any reason to bring it up.

Edit: Just noticed the edit, so did you solve it?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 09:57:46 PM by Liam Neeson »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 09:51:22 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal