Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New GMOD gamemodes&server suggestions  (Read 8327 times)

Offline Link236

Re: New GMOD gamemodes&server suggestions
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2013, 06:57:23 PM »
BTW, I think a surf server would be fucking awesome. I would be on that shit 24/7
OH GOD YES!!!! Would we have a combat surf or skill? I enjoy both, but enjoy the KSF surf servers since they have those epic plugins and map rating.
Serious On-topic: But srsly, I can't Bhop, I need to learn how.
I shall teach you, grasshopper.

Thank you Tyber, I accept your invitation. Now teach me. Anyway, we need feedback on this surf/Deathrun server idea. Should we start a new topic with a poll????
Welcome to the Hotel ConjointGaming...
you can check out anytime you like- but you can never leaveeeee
*guitar solo time*
I'll show you the world, Link. Just take my hand and come with meeee~
Quote from: Gustav
(TEAM) Guztav: I totally want to slap his ass right now
Quote from: All of Haiti
*DEAD* (TEAM) All of Haiti: NEXT MAP. IN AN ALLEY. BRING THE DILDOS.

Offline Sniper no Sniping

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2013, 07:15:19 PM »
Honestly I can't enjoy Deathrun server. I've played Deathrun for maybe between 100-200 hours on one server because they managed it AMAZINGLY. They slightly lowered gravity and deceleration just enough so you aren't flying but have amazing mid-air control to fake out a death and make precise jumps. They now have a huge server which is populated 24/7.

I'm not saying i'm completely against a deathrun server, im just saying that there are a few servers that do deathrun much better than we probably can. I can't see our server doing all that well.

I refrained from stating the name of the server to avoid "advertising"

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2013, 07:15:19 PM »

Offline Billy

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2013, 07:17:46 PM »
Honestly I can't enjoy Deathrun server. I've played Deathrun for maybe between 100-200 hours on one server because they managed it AMAZINGLY. They slightly lowered gravity and deceleration just enough so you aren't flying but have amazing mid-air control to fake out a death and make precise jumps. They now have a huge server which is populated 24/7.

I'm not saying i'm completely against a deathrun server, im just saying that there are a few servers that do deathrun much better than we probably can. I can't see our server doing all that well.

We can do that too.

We can build it stronger, faster, smarter.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2013, 09:48:54 PM »
RP went TERRIBLY, Deathrun I think we had, Jailbreak... nobody ever mentions jailbreak...

I still have nightmares...
I thought the jailbreak server was going to be good. Sure, we never got it to work right and it sucked major ass, but if we got it to work, i think it'd be good.  smug
I still have all the jailbreak code, I've thought about fixing it up as a little side project, but haven't yet. There were a shitload of bugs, but they were being fixed, there was quite a bit of progress from what I started with and what I ended with, although we did end up switching to an equally broken gamemode half way through, it just looked shinier.

The gamemode was being improved, however there was an issue with the control panel and I couldn't figure out how to fix it. The server provider was useless. The error stopped anyone from connecting to the server and that put the nail in the coffin. Not to mention a month after we opened a support ticket they still wouldn't open a single fucking port that needed to be opened for sourcebans to work, so it was disconnecting from SM, which wasn't that much of an issue, just annoying as I spent more time then I should have trying to figure out why it wasn't working until I think inject figured that out. The server provider was extremely cheap, and WG later admitted to me the reason he bought from them was because he knew the guy and was trying to make amends.

Putting up the server was a bit premature, the gamemode was a WIP. That's why for the first week or so there was a password on it. In the end we opened it up, it was playable, and I enjoyed fucking around with people on there.

I'm sorry for taking this off topic, just felt like commenting.

EDIT:(This post was assuming you were talking about gmod jailbreak. CSS jailbreak was a lot of fun.)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 10:08:07 PM by Blackllama »

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2013, 01:21:07 PM »

Does it begin with "Tec..."?
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Mercy

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2013, 02:35:24 PM »

They have exactly the same resources as we do and therefore have no advantage over us. I'm sure we could easily change aspects of a deathrun server upon popular request giving us a equal opportunity to create a fun enviroment. Also the point of this is to determine what gamemode the community would enjoy to play the most, we can talk about ways to improve servers/gamemodes once we actually have them up and running rather than dwelling on ''some servers handling things better''.  :)

Deathrun seems to be one of the biggest contenders at the moment and brings in a lot of skilled players. Supervising the players would be simple and the admins would have a fairly simplistic job when compared to TTT servers e.g. having to deal with in-game conflict (RDM) etc.

Stalker and Morbus however, seem to be further attempts at re-creating a hidden like experience in GMOD. The similarities between the gamemodes mean that they are nothing 'fresh' or new providing a rather mild and short interest in the potential servers.

FRESDOM!

Mercy = bad singer and aimbot
Quote from: Slayha -,..,- (Rageoholic)
I hear masturbation increases TTT abilities....

Quote from: Lone Grey
Lone Grey: I am pissed at something else right now.
Lone Grey: Just in denial
Lone Grey: I JUST SAW THE FUCKING SEASON 3 FINALE OF MY LITTLE PONY

Quote from: Old Crow
so of you have both don't fret!

Offline Phoenix

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2013, 02:55:10 PM »
i just read all suggestions, i would say the Deathrun and Surf suggestions were the best ones, and both req almost no admins(well surf maybe some more) so it would be a good idea

VOTE YES FOR Deathrun and surf!
why use an Signature when i have got anime?

Offline Link236

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2013, 04:39:09 PM »
RP went TERRIBLY, Deathrun I think we had, Jailbreak... nobody ever mentions jailbreak...

I still have nightmares...
I thought the jailbreak server was going to be good. Sure, we never got it to work right and it sucked major ass, but if we got it to work, i think it'd be good.  smug
I still have all the jailbreak code, I've thought about fixing it up as a little side project, but haven't yet. There were a shitload of bugs, but they were being fixed, there was quite a bit of progress from what I started with and what I ended with, although we did end up switching to an equally broken gamemode half way through, it just looked shinier.

The gamemode was being improved, however there was an issue with the control panel and I couldn't figure out how to fix it. The server provider was useless. The error stopped anyone from connecting to the server and that put the nail in the coffin. Not to mention a month after we opened a support ticket they still wouldn't open a single fucking port that needed to be opened for sourcebans to work, so it was disconnecting from SM, which wasn't that much of an issue, just annoying as I spent more time then I should have trying to figure out why it wasn't working until I think inject figured that out. The server provider was extremely cheap, and WG later admitted to me the reason he bought from them was because he knew the guy and was trying to make amends.

Putting up the server was a bit premature, the gamemode was a WIP. That's why for the first week or so there was a password on it. In the end we opened it up, it was playable, and I enjoyed fucking around with people on there.

I'm sorry for taking this off topic, just felt like commenting.

EDIT:(This post was assuming you were talking about gmod jailbreak. CSS jailbreak was a lot of fun.)
Yeah, I was talking about Gmod Jailbreak.

And my point of view is that TTT being the only Gmod server gets really stale. I think that having somekind of other gmod server (be it jailbreak or  deathrun/surf) would only do good. It keeps Gmod in of itself fresh and exciting to play. And although I could easily go on another communities server to do that, I'd like to go on a CG one.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 04:43:13 PM by Link236 »
*guitar solo time*

Offline Christovski

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2013, 04:44:41 PM »
And my point of view is that TTT being the only Gmod server gets really stale. I think that having somekind of other gmod server (be it jailbreak or  deathrun/surf) would only do good.

You do realize that on CG we have many servers outside of Gmod, almost all of which are FREE mods :P
There are more games in this world than Gmod

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2013, 04:47:17 PM »
Yeah, but it's easier to play mods on the game you're already on :>

The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Link236

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2013, 04:51:51 PM »
And my point of view is that TTT being the only Gmod server gets really stale. I think that having somekind of other gmod server (be it jailbreak or  deathrun/surf) would only do good.

You do realize that on CG we have many servers outside of Gmod, almost all of which are FREE mods :P
There are more games in this world than Gmod
I get that. But, MANY of our "rival" communities have a LOT more servers than we do. Not to name any names, but I know of servers with 5-6 servers dedicated to just Gmod with MANY different gamemodes. Our servers in of themselves aren't even very varied. We just have TTT, Hidden, Saxton, NS2, ZPS, and ZM. More variation would keep me (and I imagine most people) stuck playing on CG a LOT more often.
*guitar solo time*

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2013, 04:51:51 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal