Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Unknown Reviews Anime  (Read 16745 times)

Offline Christovski

Re: Unknown Reviews Anime
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 01:06:19 AM »
Anime Name: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Basic Plot: 2 brothers Edward and Alphonse attempt to bring their mother back from the dead by way of alchemy. It goes horribly wrong and costs Ed his right arm and Al his entire body. Ed gets Al's soul back by sacrificing his right arm and binds his soul to a suit of armor. Hilarity Ensues.

Character Development: Amazing. It balances humor with lots a of sadness as well dives into a lot of mature subjects.

Fan Service:

Sub or Dub: Sub or Dub. Sub. I cant stand Al's voice in the dub but Ed's voice is superb. Id just go for dub.

Verdict: Really worth watching. Not just for weeaboos

Score: 9/10

Brotherhood fixes all the stuff they did wrong in the original, it doesn't move slowly, but doesn't fly past at 60 eps total.  Great series worth watching until the end, no filler, no bullshit.

I watched the Dub on Netflix, most anime I watch subbed, but lately FMA:Brotherhood, Gurren Lagann, and Soul Eater I have watched dubbed.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 01:26:46 AM »
is Gurren Lagann any good dubbed? I heard Simons voice (same guy that does Saskue and Suzaku) and I don't think its a good fit. What about the rest of the characters?

I usually prefer dubs over subs. Sometimes a sub is better, but lately most series have found good voice actors.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 01:26:46 AM »

Offline Sammy

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 08:10:02 AM »
is Gurren Lagann any good dubbed? I heard Simons voice (same guy that does Saskue and Suzaku) and I don't think its a good fit. What about the rest of the characters?

I usually prefer dubs over subs. Sometimes a sub is better, but lately most series have found good voice actors.

Yeah Smiffy made me watch Gurren Lagann in dub, the voices are actually really good.
I've watched in both, because Gurren is such an epic show.
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Offline Christovski

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 08:58:41 AM »

Kamina's voice is what really sold it for me

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline UnknownError

Gurren Lagann
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 11:57:53 PM »
Anime Name: Gurren Lagann

Basic Plot: So humanity has long abandoned the surface land, and been forced into underground villages by the Spiral King. He has suppressed the human race with his minions, Beastmen who pilot Gunmen, mecha like fighting robots. One day, Yoko, a teenage redhead falls into Jeehad village, the residence of the main characters, Simon and Kamina. Accompaning Yoko, to the surface, Kamina forms Team Gurren, a group of rebels trying to push humanity to the surface and fight against the Spiral King.

Character Development:

Simon: I thoroughly enjoyed watching Simon, as he matured from a scared little boy into a badass leader. For some reason, there wasn't anything I could hate or find annoying about him, he was overall a well written character. There was a time skip in the middle of the 27 episode series, and it was interesting to see him after 6 years. I wish there was a second series, just to see Simon again.

Kamina: The cool older brother character, he doesn't change much along the series, but he doesn't have to. He leads Team Gurren, and appears to be pretty perverted but its still kinda fun. He motivates Simon to "DRILL TO THE HEAVENS!!!" later on in the series he plays a much bigger role for Simon.
Spoiler for Hidden:
He dies in episode eight, and will motivate the rest of Team Gurren to continue on.

Fan Service: They made Yoko into Gurren Lagann's sex symbol. I actually didn't think it was too bad and didn't ruin the series, but it was the focal point of one of the earlier episodes. One I thought was bad was how weak the writers made Yoko, sure she can fight in her bra and underwear, but at least make her a badass with it. She gets a sniper rifle, but it seems she doesn't really compare to the mecha gunmen in fights. So fanservice wasn't too bad.

Sub or Dub: The show's lines do get a bit cheesy at points, but I enjoyed it. Dub was actually pretty good, so I'll recommend it. You should probably test both and see which one you like more.

Verdict: A very good mecha anime, it does focus more on the mech fights than something like Code Geass. However along with iconic scenes, a good storyline, I would recommend it to anyone even those who aren't too big fans of anime. It's just sad that the reason we don't have a second season, is that they went broke.

Score: 9/10

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J8VtXRusM0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J8VtXRusM0</a>
"DONT JUST WHIP IT OUT"-All of Haiti
"my nipples are hard" - Mrs.TheNurse (MeOwMoO)
"Guztav: How dare you leave me, you beuitiful individual full of love"
"Time to eat 8 tacos" - BladeTwinSwords
"How about I send your buttcheeks to Tybers "magic stick" - Linkster
"+1, seems like a guy who doesn't abuse power, etc."- Death
"He betta wrap dat sheet, ho. Don't want no baby unknowns runnin round" - Oobla
"YOU WANT SOME MORE CRACKERS" - Nexus

Best on TTT: 12 Kills, 8 Headshots

Offline Christovski

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2013, 03:20:11 AM »
Not to mention its basically taking the piss out of the genre of mecha anime, its almost a parody of the genre as there are so many jokes about goofy stuff they do in mech anime (COMBINING anyone?) so theres lots of funny stuff if youve seen other mecha anime, and the show NEVER takes itself too seriously.

Also its about being epic for the sake of being epic.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2013, 09:53:33 AM »
My favorite anime, with Geass a close second.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Sammy

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2013, 10:11:48 AM »
Not to mention its basically taking the piss out of the genre of mecha anime, its almost a parody of the genre as there are so many jokes about goofy stuff they do in mech anime (COMBINING anyone?) so theres lots of funny stuff if youve seen other mecha anime, and the show NEVER takes itself too seriously.

Also its about being epic for the sake of being epic.

And the fact that by the end of the series they have gone so far in terms of the scale and sheer lunacy of battles they face...

Combining is a thing of MANLINESS.
Its a fact...

Offline Dante

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2013, 11:42:55 AM »
Unknown. Elfen lied. Do eet.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:51:05 PM by DoomBringerDANTE »

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2013, 06:36:32 PM »
Kaminas voice in the dub is pretty damn god tier. His voice actor is one of my favs next to Steven Blum (who voiced Leeron in Gurren Lagann)

Offline Sammy

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2013, 08:42:44 PM »
Sammeh. Elfen lied. Do eet.

Im not doing any reviews. I would have to go rewatch the series to get anything out of it, specially since I watched Elven Lied like 3 years ago.
I'm too busy with uni, and watching currently airing shows to do all dat :S

However, if anyone wants to know if somethings good, ask away :) Although I might not have watched it.
Its a fact...

Offline Dante

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2013, 09:52:18 PM »
Sammeh. Elfen lied. Do eet.

Im not doing any reviews. I would have to go rewatch the series to get anything out of it, specially since I watched Elven Lied like 3 years ago.
I'm too busy with uni, and watching currently airing shows to do all dat :S

However, if anyone wants to know if somethings good, ask away :) Although I might not have watched it.
Sorry, I was talking to people and reading the forums so it got mixed up. :l

Offline UnknownError

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2013, 02:17:06 AM »
I forgot to put it in the review, but how did you guys like Nia ? I didn't really particularly like her, as she was basically used just as Simon's love interest.
"DONT JUST WHIP IT OUT"-All of Haiti
"my nipples are hard" - Mrs.TheNurse (MeOwMoO)
"Guztav: How dare you leave me, you beuitiful individual full of love"
"Time to eat 8 tacos" - BladeTwinSwords
"How about I send your buttcheeks to Tybers "magic stick" - Linkster
"+1, seems like a guy who doesn't abuse power, etc."- Death
"He betta wrap dat sheet, ho. Don't want no baby unknowns runnin round" - Oobla
"YOU WANT SOME MORE CRACKERS" - Nexus

Best on TTT: 12 Kills, 8 Headshots

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2013, 02:27:37 AM »
She was alright. Kinda standard run of the mill "special" character.

3 Days isn't log

Offline oobla37

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2013, 04:47:31 AM »
Jesus, I thought bleach was alright, not the best anime, but worth watching. If you really scored it that low, I should really check out code geass and gurren Lagann, seems like you guys like those a lot.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2013, 04:47:31 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal