CG Main > Debate Forum

Unknown Reviews Anime

(1/9) > >>

UnknownError:
I guess as I did go only a huge anime watching spree in the past few weeks, I want to voice my opinion on certain animes. I'll try to stick with animes already finished.

This is the format I'll use. I'll add more to it if I think it needs it. Go ahead and question some of my viewpoints, that's why I put it in the debate section. Also I would enjoy if I got some more suggestions on what anime to watch.

Anime Name:

Basic Plot:

Character Development:

Fan Service:

Sub or Dub:

Verdict:

Score:

If I rate the show 8/10 or more I will try to link to the first episode of the series.

UnknownError:
Anime Name: Code Geass

Basic Plot:

In the year 2010, Japan is conquered by the Holy Britannian Empire, ruled by Charles zi Britannia. Japan is renamed Area 11, and its citizens are segregated and discriminated. Lelouch vi Britannia, an exiled prince of the Empire, had developed an intense hatred against his father and the royal family. Mostly stemming from his mother's unexplained murder, and his little sister Nunnally becoming blind and paralyzed in the legs from the incident. He will be granted the power of Geass, by a mysterious woman, named C2. With his Geass, he has the "power of the king" where he can command anyone to do his bidding. Lelouch sets out to exact his revenge on the Empire.

Character Development:

Lelouch: Overall I did enjoy how much a badass they made him. Instead of your typical feel good hero, he is cool and calculating. He wins by strategy, rather than beating the crap out of you. He is an anti-hero, meaning he has no true morals and will do anything to further his plans. The Geass power he has, is a little OP, but it was entertaining to keep watching Lelouch and what he has planned next. By the end of the series, you can't tell if he had changed or he always was thinking like that.

Suzaku: Now flip Lelouch's personality backwards. Suzaku is respectful and friendly. He is Japanese, but does become an Honorary Britannian, in order for his goal to nobly change Britannian society from the inside out. There are moments when you will want him to die in a hole, but later you can relate to his circumstances. By the end of the series, you probably would still like him but he pales in comparison to Lelouch.

Fan Service: Pretty much could be summed up with this, Naked Shower Scenes with Kallen..... but since this was my first review I will go more in depth. Along with a ton of naked shower scenes, there was a lot of shady angles. However the fan service didn't detract that much from the anime, but it was just so blatantly obvious it dissapointed me.

Sub or Dub: The Dub is alright, the voice actor who plays Lelouch, is the same guy who did Ichigo from Bleach and you might also remember him as.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZQP1HikiR0

Adam Park the Black Ranger!!! The rest of the cast did ok, so I would recommend the dub to anyone who enjoys English over Japanese.

Verdict: I highly enjoyed the series, and from other CG members apparently they did too. However, there are faults that need to be addressed.

1. Why is she still alive?!?!??! Nina Einstein  is by far one of the most hated anime characters in existance. Even more annoying than Sakura from Naruto.

2. The whole confrontation with his father was poorly written, and looked like the writers pulled it right out of their ass.

3. Lelouch's personality at the end, specifically about Rolo. He did a 180 and completely contradicted himself and his previous beliefs. Spoiler for Hidden: Rolo had killed his love interest, Shirley. Lelouch vowed to avenge her, and went 5 minutes on about how much he hated him, and he would use him as a tool. Later when Rolo dies protecting Lelouch, he says he's his little brother. If you wanted to rewatch it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onxCXakXHOc
Now I still very much enjoyed the series, and I would recommend it to anyone. Notice I did leave much out about the mechas because I wouldn't call Code Geass a mecha anime. There is so much more than just robots beating the crap out of each other.

Final Score- 9/10

If you're interested check the first episode. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1MTa82Xcao

Old Crow:
Actually I fucking hated Rolo for quite a couple of reasons, and people who saw the series know why.

Nina was annoying but she played a huge role at the end, and her character changed as the series went on.

UnknownError:
The big problem with Lelouch and Rolo's relationship was what happened 10 minutes prior when they both were in his quarters. What had happened to all that hatred Lelouch had ?

After Nina went all crazy near the end of season 1 and was sorta a racist toward the Japanese. I had no respect for her. :/

AlphaWeeaboo:
I think Lelouchs attitude toward Rolo near the end was just a front really. Lelouch has proven to be quite manipulative and not entirely truthful to people. Though it doesn't really have much of a purpose for him to act nice towards him.

I kinda like how it was done though. Really adds some more twists and spirals of emotions to the mix.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version