Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Computer still doesn't wanna work... after a replaced mobo and replaced graphics  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Kwaurtz

To make this story short: My computer has been failing display drivers for the past month or so when I originally tried upgrading my card. Flashfoward to now, almost completely new hardware in the system, its still not working hardly at all.

I can do simple games like Age of Mythology, and I can use my computer regularly, but once I get into gaming, it will spaz out and crash. I'm not even talking graphic intense games like crysis, I'm talking Dota 2, smite, and even minecraft. I'll get a message at the bottom right corner saying 'Display Driver has failed and crashed, and managed to recover yatta yatta'. I tried everything I could on my old card and mobo, including flashing the bios of the card, running mem test, doing a system stability with aida 64, and even swapping out everything and seeing what happens when various parts were not in post bios.

I don't know what to do, I'm getting seriously annoyed and tired of dealing with this, I've tried everything

System Specs
Budget:   VGA:NVIDIA GeForce GT 620   Monitor:Generic TV
MB:Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3   OS:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)   Browser:Firefox
CPU:AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor   Sound:Onboard   CPU Pps:Gaming,personal
Memory:11264MB RAM   PSU:Arctic PSU 700W   Brand:AMD
HD:500GB Seagate Barracuda   Cooling:Case fan, CPU fan, and onboard gpu fan   Misc:

Offline Old Crow

I would double check to PSU. Make sure its supplying enough power for when the card needs it. Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

Offline Kwaurtz

I would double check to PSU. Make sure its supplying enough power for when the card needs it. Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

700 watt power supply, card requires a minimum 300 watt.

Offline Old Crow

Make sure its properly plugged in. Is it a modular unit or fixed? If so do you have a different cord to try it with? Did you make sure the onboard GPU is disabled?

3 Days isn't log

Offline Leetgrain

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p85xwZ_OLX0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p85xwZ_OLX0</a>
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Kwaurtz

Make sure its properly plugged in. Is it a modular unit or fixed? If so do you have a different cord to try it with? Did you make sure the onboard GPU is disabled?

Fixed, onboard GPU is disabled by default in the cmos settings when one is active in the pcie slot. I already checked too to make sure.

Offline Old Crow

Leet, you kinda getting to the point of thread crapping madame. Kwuartz is asking for help!

Ummmm. Did you double check that the GPU fan does work, and doesn't shut off after a certain amount of time? Did you make sure its not overheating as well?

3 Days isn't log

Offline Kwaurtz

Leet, you kinda getting to the point of thread crapping madame. Kwuartz is asking for help!

Ummmm. Did you double check that the GPU fan does work, and doesn't shut off after a certain amount of time? Did you make sure its not overheating as well?

Its constantly below 40* C

Offline Cadaver

power supply check.  Change the cables to the video card. How old is the psu? Brand? Wattage?

Hard drive check. If Seagate or Western Digital, there are tests available at their websites, free download.

Offline Kwaurtz

power supply check.  Change the cables to the video card. How old is the psu? Brand? Wattage?

Hard drive check. If Seagate or Western Digital, there are tests available at their websites, free download.

PSU is not even a year old. Its an Arctic 700 watt, we went over that before. The video card doesn't get additional cables, it simply plugs into the pci slot.

The hard drive is new as well, its a seagate barracuda.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal