Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town Rules  (Read 118358 times)

Offline oobla37

Re: Trouble in Terrorist Town Rules
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2013, 02:40:10 AM »
18: Not shooting at or around an unquestionably confirmed traitor. [does not permit teamkilling if you are a traitor yourself.]
A few players have taken this to their advantage, shooting people who don't shoot a person who starts a gunfight. It's hard to tell who shoots first sometimes, and it isn't fair to get shot because you couldn't tell. Could a note be put in to specifically exclude scenarios where the person shoots but wasn't considered a traitor before then?

Just because someone initiates a gunfight does not mean that they are unquestionably a traitor. Unquestionably means that if you killed them, there is no way you would be slain for rdm. IE: DNA/called out by someone other then you.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2013, 02:00:07 PM »
18: Not shooting at or around an unquestionably confirmed traitor. [does not permit teamkilling if you are a traitor yourself.]
A few players have taken this to their advantage, shooting people who don't shoot a person who starts a gunfight. It's hard to tell who shoots first sometimes, and it isn't fair to get shot because you couldn't tell. Could a note be put in to specifically exclude scenarios where the person shoots but wasn't considered a traitor before then?

Just because someone initiates a gunfight does not mean that they are unquestionably a traitor. Unquestionably means that if you killed them, there is no way you would be slain for rdm. IE: DNA/called out by someone other then you.

Pretty much this. If people continue to take advantage of it I'll put something in to clarify.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2013, 02:00:07 PM »

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2013, 12:39:05 PM »
Update as of August 20th

Changed the wording of rule 3 under section III to:
    3. Damaging and/or destroying Health Stations

Changed the wording of rule 1 under section IV, subsection 67th way to:
    1. Damaging and/or breaking the traitor tester
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2013, 01:01:45 PM »
Update as of August 20th

Changed the wording of rule 3 under section III to:
    3. Damaging and/or destroying Health Stations

Changed the wording of rule 1 under section IV, subsection 67th way to:
    1. Damaging and/or breaking the traitor tester
Me Like. Getting closer to something I'd play on XD
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline crovv

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2013, 05:58:31 PM »
I think we should make a rule pertaining to spamming the music in ttt_theatre. It's as bad as spamming/singing in my eyes. Hitting stop sound is easier than muting someone, but it's still annoying when people just mash all the buttons for no reason.

Playing the music would not be a problem.

Playing every song over and over, spamming the E button as you look at the sound board, is ridiculous, and it should have some sort of punishment attached.

We constantly get people spamming chat/mic chat over it, no matter how many times we say "just type stopsound in console" or similar, and then when people abuse the system to start the song over and over or play a new song every .3 seconds, it gets annoying.

In my opinion, this should be warning, kick, ban (for an hour?).

Offline oobla37

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2013, 06:27:18 PM »
That's pretty much just a judgement call on whether someone is spamming the button. We could limit  the amount of times someone changes the music in a certain period of time, but that seems unneeded. Honestly, stop sound should be the solution, unless the same person is constantly and blatantly rapidly changing songs. Kick, in my opinion.

By kwuartz

Offline JohnCyKlopZ

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2013, 07:14:45 PM »
I think simply removing the soundboard altogether would seem like the better thing to do to fix the issue. Adding consequences to mashing the buttons will just put more load on the admins, because now we would have to linger around the soundboard in order to catch people rather than playing the game.

In addition, people with a different taste in music will no longer complain about Chemical Romance - these complaints would add 20% more blabber to the server's voice chat on top of the music that's already playing, plus the complaints about the trolls mashing the buttons as mentioned by Crovv. Therefore, significantly less headaches for all of us --> better time playing the game.
??Mystery??: i think my bladder hates me
Klutonec: y
??Mystery??: everytime i go to take a piss
??Mystery??: and i think im done
??Mystery??: so i stick my stick back in my pants
??Mystery??: AND THAT HO LIKE NUH UH MR. E
??Mystery??: I AINT DONE YET
??Mystery??: and supports the rest of the village
??Mystery??: with water

Offline oobla37

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2013, 07:31:52 PM »

By kwuartz

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2013, 07:36:49 PM »
I think simply removing the soundboard altogether would seem like the better thing to do to fix the issue. Adding consequences to mashing the buttons will just put more load on the admins, because now we would have to linger around the soundboard in order to catch people rather than playing the game.

In addition, people with a different taste in music will no longer complain about Chemical Romance - these complaints would add 20% more blabber to the server's voice chat on top of the music that's already playing, plus the complaints about the trolls mashing the buttons as mentioned by Crovv. Therefore, significantly less headaches for all of us --> better time playing the game.

I would need someone that knows there way around mapping tools to do that. It would also make the file size a lot smaller too.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming

Offline crovv

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2013, 07:37:07 PM »

If someone could edit the map to do this, that'd be great. The soundboard causes problems, and mic chat doesn't happen on that map.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2013, 05:12:05 AM »
Thats the only reason to play the map, might as well remove it all together.

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2013, 04:57:51 PM »

I love that map...I hate that music...I am all for either removing it or editing it so no sound plays.

Even if it was my favorite band it would get annoying to have the track change very 3 seconds.
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline nucleartaco

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2013, 05:36:56 PM »
I like the music on the map, but the spamming of the music does get annoying. What if the map is changed to hurt/kill if someone uses the soundboard too early, or lock the soundboard for 2 mins or so? Stopsound would work for the people that don't want to listen to it, and others that like/don't care can still hear it.

Quote from:  Old Crow
All i want is Nucleartaco's near mine.

Quote from:  Muffins
Muffins: You know i was looking at peoples sigs and i have never been quoted in one :(

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2013, 04:51:10 PM »
Update as of September 8th:

Added rule 19 under section I:

Do not kill players in the preround.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2013, 06:06:20 PM »
Can you add if they throw a prop very close to you, with the intention of prop killing, you can kill them?

"YOU WERE RAPING ME YOU DESERVED THAT!" - Dbag

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2013, 06:06:20 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal