Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: So, this is interesting  (Read 3575 times)

Offline Cadaver

Re: So, this is interesting
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2013, 03:06:50 PM »
Ok,

Did you do a fresh reinstall of windows?  If not, and merely put a backup, or an image of the previous OS install, there is the issue.

Why? Even though you may have removed the old hard drive, the system is still trying to write to the WD, and is seeing Seagate.  Seagate and WD actually use different drivers, even though they are the "universal drivers" for Windoze.

In addition, download on a different computer "Seatools for Windows," or other Seagate utilities, from the Seagate website, designed to test the hard drive for errors.  It could be a rare bad drive. 

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 03:09:30 PM »
I'm using a fresh install, its working fine as its the 32bit version. 64 bit just wont work.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 03:09:30 PM »

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 03:25:55 PM »
Hmm. Then definitely check the seagate tools, and swap out the power cable and the sata cable on the hard drive.

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 05:40:44 PM »
Okay one thing I want to clarify is that you are not overclocking your chip at all right?

I now you say 3.6 and that is the stock for that chip, but if you OC and then try to install an OS and it isn't stable that can lead to stupid shit like this.

and to clarify you could or could not install 64bit ubuntu either?

Thanks,
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2013, 07:08:19 PM »
Okay one thing I want to clarify is that you are not overclocking your chip at all right?

I now you say 3.6 and that is the stock for that chip, but if you OC and then try to install an OS and it isn't stable that can lead to stupid shit like this.

and to clarify you could or could not install 64bit ubuntu either?

Thanks,

could not. My chip wasn't oc'd when I tried to reformt the machine and reinstall a new os.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 01:08:27 PM »
I'd either have to be their with you or have you explaine in greater detail what you mean by "things not installing properly"

Not really 100% sure what's happening on your 64 bit install. Screen shots and stuff would be awsome.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2013, 01:51:17 AM »
That is why this is so perplexing.

The issue is not the install media.

The issue is not the Install platform (Windows, Linux)

From the information provided I can only conclude an issue trying to install 64 bit operating systems.

This has to be a hardware issue...can you run 64bit Ubuntu off the live CD without issues?

And again can you be more specific about the issues you encountered and any errors that were thrown during your attempts?

While cryptic most of the time they will still point us in the right direction.

thanks,
-Wooley
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2013, 01:54:25 AM »
That is why this is so perplexing.

The issue is not the install media.

The issue is not the Install platform (Windows, Linux)

From the information provided I can only conclude an issue trying to install 64 bit operating systems.

This has to be a hardware issue...can you run 64bit Ubuntu off the live CD without issues?

And again can you be more specific about the issues you encountered and any errors that were thrown during your attempts?

While cryptic most of the time they will still point us in the right direction.

thanks,
-Wooley

Ubuntu would install, and it would run off of the multiboot usb I have, HOWEVER, it wouldn't connect to my network, AT ALL. Everytime I installed windows 64bit, it installed with a different error everytime. Onetime  rundll32.exe didn't load on start up. The other times, it would seem to install fine, and install any program, but would not run windows update so I couldn't use anything that required .net4 framework like my display driver interface. Now it seems somewhat stable, but my display drivers are crashing pretty frequently.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2013, 01:54:25 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal