Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: So, this is interesting  (Read 3576 times)

Offline Kwaurtz

So, this is interesting
« on: March 11, 2013, 02:55:49 PM »
My machine which came with windows 7 64 bit on it, fucks up whenever I try to reinstall it, but low and behold I install 32 bit and the machine is doing the windows updates and all without ANY sort of problem yet.

Any thoughts?

Offline Billy

Re: So, this is interesting
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 02:59:03 PM »
Administrator Comment Billy, please read the forum rules. The issue people are having with your posts: They, by definition, are spam posts. Not on topic, not relevant, no value posts in a thread are spam posts. Please limit your spamming... Cadaver
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 03:00:31 PM by Cadaver »
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 02:59:03 PM »

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 03:00:51 PM »
That isn't helping me billy.

Offline Mr.TheDoctor

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 03:45:30 PM »
Maybe it didn't actually come with 64x on it?
10:53 PM - ??Mystery??: you could just tape their mouth shut and then rape them with a pencil and call their family and say you're the insurance guy and need they need to come in for the life insurance and when they get there tape their mouths and rape them with a pencil and then rinse and repeat with relatives
10:54 PM - ??Mystery??: but i mean
10:54 PM - ??Mystery??: you could just ignore it

Offline Boxman

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 04:00:25 PM »
x64 sucks. That is all.  parrot
I swear if we removed every post that has less than 10 words from you, I think you'd be down to 2 posts...

What exactly is wrong with your 64bit install? Was it just not receiving updates?

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Billy

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 04:09:31 PM »
I swear if we removed every post that has less than 10 words from you, I think you'd be down to 2 posts...

What exactly is wrong with your 64bit install? Was it just not receiving updates?

You'd only remove like ten-fifteen posts. Regardless - is that all you do? Berate posts you don't like? Take your saltiness somewhere else. parrot
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 04:20:17 PM »

Not receiving updates/not installing some items properly like my video card drivers.

Offline Boxman

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 04:26:37 PM »
You'd only remove like ten-fifteen posts. Regardless - is that all you do? Berate posts you don't like? Take your saltiness somewhere else. parrot
No, I berate posts that are short, meaningless, and nothing more than spam. Take the time to examine why I dislike your posts and maybe you'd realize that.

(P.S. I counted 58 posts that were under 10 words.)

Not receiving updates/not installing some items properly like my video card drivers.
Could be faulty software (the x64). I'd suggest downloading it off the microsoft website and installing it with a burned copy of it. If it doesn't install or doesn't download and install drivers, then honestly, I don't know what to tell you.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:30:49 PM by Boxman »

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 07:17:39 PM »
No, I berate posts that are short, meaningless, and nothing more than spam. Take the time to examine why I dislike your posts and maybe you'd realize that.

(P.S. I counted 58 posts that were under 10 words.)

Could be faulty software (the x64). I'd suggest downloading it off the microsoft website and installing it with a burned copy of it. If it doesn't install or doesn't download and install drivers, then honestly, I don't know what to tell you.

I've installed it from four seperate discs, one being a genuine microsoft disc, I've also installed it from two seperate isos from my multiboot usb. Ubuntu 64bit didnt work correctly either.

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 09:25:10 AM »
What chip do you have.

It sounds like to me a hardware problem. If you are indeed experiencing issues with multiple different platforms, but only getting issues on the 64 bit versions of said platforms.

Can you try and install a virtual machine of a 64 bit os within your working 32bit os and see if you can install updates?

Just a strange occurrence.

What errors were you getting?

-Wooley
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 10:00:11 AM »
I doubt your CPU can't handle 64 bit, if I had to take a stab in the dark I would say it was some sort of data corruption(maybe on your hard drive's end). Also Ubuntu is hardly a good way to test whats wrong with your machine, its like using cockroach infested bait to see whether or not you have a cockroach infestation.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 10:23:34 AM »
I doubt your CPU can't handle 64 bit, if I had to take a stab in the dark I would say it was some sort of data corruption(maybe on your hard drive's end). Also Ubuntu is hardly a good way to test whats wrong with your machine, its like using cockroach infested bait to see whether or not you have a cockroach infestation.
Probably something like that whats your CPU?

Also to whoever said x64 sucks, that's false.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Christovski

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 11:59:02 AM »

Probably something like that whats your CPU?

Also to whoever said x64 sucks, that's false.

Inject, twas Billy who said that.

Kwaurtz, do you partition your hard drive at all?  I know some people install their OS on a partition to keep separate from the rest, could be an issue here if so.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 01:19:53 PM »
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 3/12/2013, 11:16:53
       Machine name: KWAURTZ-PC
   Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
       System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
               BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor             (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
             Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3328MB RAM
          Page File: 1723MB used, 4928MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

I can run x64 no big deal, and was doing so fine prior to attempting to upgrade the hardware on my machine a couple weeks back. I've also replaced my harddrive. I was using a Western Digital Caviar Blue but now am using my Seagate Barracuda.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 02:20:17 PM »
Well that rules out all my hard drive ideas, I'm tapped

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 02:20:17 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal