CG Main > Debate Forum

The topic of homophobia

<< < (7/7)

Leetgrain:

--- Quote from: Inject OH 4 on January 11, 2013, 09:13:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!) on January 11, 2013, 08:54:34 PM ---The question was not if calling a person "gay" was offensive, but rather if using it to describe something else or using in the place of another insult.

--- End quote ---
Exactly which is what I think leet missed on my post.

--- End quote ---

I didn't, I already wrote about that in a previous post - was just writing my opinions down.

Inject OH 4:

--- Quote from: Leetgrain on January 11, 2013, 09:46:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: Inject OH 4 on January 11, 2013, 09:13:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!) on January 11, 2013, 08:54:34 PM ---The question was not if calling a person "gay" was offensive, but rather if using it to describe something else or using in the place of another insult.

--- End quote ---
Exactly which is what I think leet missed on my post.

--- End quote ---

I didn't, I already wrote about that in a previous post - was just writing my opinions down.

--- End quote ---
mmk. np then.

Boxman:
Well, where I grew up calling something "gay" signified displeasure for it but it never insulted anyone. In fact, a few of my friends who are indeed homosexual use it quite often. I think it's meaning is determined by those who hear it rather than those who use it...

I personally have no issue with it nor do any of my friends, but if it bothers someone else, I typically avoid saying it for the sake of not hurting their feelings.

abignig:
i think all ****s will get theirs in the day of the rope
until then i suggest banning them from all servers until that day comes, otherwise theyre gonna spread AIDS and stuff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version