Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Help On.... Emotions?  (Read 3299 times)

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
Help On.... Emotions?
« on: July 06, 2010, 01:59:55 AM »
Well, through my life recently I have not been very stable. I'm bi polar and from that I suffer horrible mood swings.
Anyways to the point, I need help with dealing with some of my actions and thoughts. Now that may sound a little vague but I need help from looking at things so deeply. The reason why I act the way I do towards other is usually because of deep meanings I interpret from the situation when really it's usually something simple. So, do you guys and girls know of things I can do to help me stop taking things seriously and to relax. (Other than weed/booze, I can't do that all the time)

Offline Christovski

Re: Help On.... Emotions?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 04:43:25 AM »
personally the thing that got me to stop destroying game controllers when I was younger was, whenever im upset with a game (or anything) to just step away from it and do something else I really like for a while, like listening to some awesome chill music or just watching TV or something. 

Better yet just find something where you don't even have to think and can just kind of zone off. (for me it was just putting on some awesome instrumental rock and just spacing off) As someone who also has some issues with the whole moodswinginess thats what I do to cope. 

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 04:43:25 AM »

Offline Blood

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 01:11:06 PM »
hmm this post reminds me of myself...what i do is just try to ignore the feelings but if theyre too hard to ignore express them in a non-violent way

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 07:28:44 PM »
I had the same situation,and it was badd...anyway just take breaks and play something else,like if u get mad or somethin just do something to take your mind off of it eaither that or blow steam punching a pillow,instead of anyone else,lol

Offline Hollow

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 08:24:02 PM »
My son gets like that when hes on his computer too long..So i have to make him turn it off for a while and go outside and play.You just have to find something else to do to keep yourself busy..You can come wash my car..Its dirty.jk :)

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 08:51:26 PM »
dark i dunno if this will help you in anyway, but if you have any interests, like for example my interest for biology, you can work on furthering your knowledge within your prefered field in your darker moments=)

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 11:34:10 PM »
sorry dude i cant help u out.... i belive that i am way too calm about everything. the main way i control my emotions either, get ready for this one, meditation. it totally helps :D

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 11:37:27 PM »
heroin

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 11:38:12 PM »
thanks whole

Offline crypto

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 12:21:03 AM »
Well, through my life recently I have not been very stable. I'm bi polar and from that I suffer horrible mood swings.
Anyways to the point, I need help with dealing with some of my actions and thoughts. Now that may sound a little vague but I need help from looking at things so deeply. The reason why I act the way I do towards other is usually because of deep meanings I interpret from the situation when really it's usually something simple. So, do you guys and girls know of things I can do to help me stop taking things seriously and to relax. (Other than weed/booze, I can't do that all the time)

Mmm, sounds a lot like me. I tend to be "too" analytical about what most people would think are just little things, and I'm moody to the point where my friends call me cynical, sarcastic, or bitter even when I'm not consciously being any of the above. I get ticked off really easily too (in case you all haven't noticed), which doesn't help.

Basically (and I know I'm a condescending son of a bitch so feel free to ignore it all):

• If you're seriously implying that you do weed some of the time then you should stop.
  • Might want to get yourself checked for depression/ADHD. I did. I came up with borderline ADHD (ixnay on the depression), which might not have even meant anything since ADHD is probably a grossly over-diagnosed disorder, but you never know what might turn up.
  • Exercise and good sleeping habits (8–10 hours) kick the shit out of stress. I know it's what every fuck-brained pediatrician says but it's true.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 09:19:40 AM »
lol i have never really seen you as a angry person crypto XD
Oh wait you do rage quit times but i supose we all do DX

but to the number 3. there are actually scientists now who think you can do the same things awake that you do asleep, but none the less i guess sleeping while intoxicated by the sleeping (not sure what to call it in english but i think it is a toxin) adosin or something =P however it is highly discussed as to what sleeping is needed for.
for example I have a very low amount of sleep and I even have a disease that makes my sleep worse than others. DX my productions of the hormon or what it is called melatonin is lower than what is normal. =)
to the 1. point of cryptos point i agree very much, even though the damages are small, even in some cases smaller than with cigarettes (i really do not want to start a flame war with all the weed people around XD).
2. do you mean you have borderline and ADHD? or that you almost have ADHD? XD and yes alot of doctors do hand out the diagnosis ADHD alitle too quickly i fear, my friend hardly had anything close to ADHD but sudenly he got the diagnosis it turned out years later that he didn't even have it-.- (ofcourse he just had a checkupp thingy where they ended upp saying he most likely had ADHD they never did any real tests (i dunno if there are any tests you can do though, my knowledge at this is very limited, but can't they possibly check out certain guidelines in an MRI?))

wow i did not do this cronologically did i? if that was amazingly anoying then i would advice you to take some therapy =P XD even though i feel like therapy is a bunch of ballony I know many people feel better after it, but i just felt worse =/ something about a person who cares nothing about me or anything is suposed to know how i feel just creeps me out...

and wholegrain....  worst advice ever... nuff said...

keep in mind this was typed out just after i woke upp from a really anoyingly bad sleep....

Offline crypto

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 01:24:17 PM »
Dunno. I was diagnosed with "borderline to mild." At first my family members were like, "YEAH, THAT'S WHY YOU'RE A LAZY STUDENT!" and then later on when I did well in senior year, they were like, "Oh, maybe he was a little over-diagnosed."

Offline crypto

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 02:56:31 PM »
lol i have never really seen you as a angry person crypto XD

It's not RAGE-RAGE-RAGE anger so much as "Everyone around me is a complete idiot" anger.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 04:07:56 PM »
oh but that is completely normal, i get sad because every1 around me is retarded XD

Offline crypto

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 06:43:31 PM »
oh but that is completely normal, i get sad because every1 around me is retarded XD
Do you feel like that all the fricking time? ;)

Except when playing on CG servers of course . .  . (whistle)

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 06:43:31 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal