Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What is your Opinion on Gun Control?  (Read 7226 times)

Offline Liam Neeson

What is your Opinion on Gun Control?
« on: June 11, 2012, 02:28:09 PM »
I'm personally somewhere in the middle on the issue I see the idea behind gun control and agree with it ,but also realize it doesn't work.

So what are your guy's thoughts on the issue?

Offline Napoleon BonaPARTY

Re: What is your Opinion on Gun Control?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 03:04:25 PM »
It's not good.

the end.

Moderator Comment Napolean BonaPARTY, You have received a warning for spamming. Specifically pointless post in the debate board. Please refer to your pm for more information.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 05:31:01 PM by Inject OH 4 »
ha ha I made a signature

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 03:04:25 PM »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 03:08:42 PM »
Perfectly fine with some of the laws the way they are, which is you can buy rifles/shotguns at 18. I see no problem with that because it tends to be pistols that are used in almost all the crimes committed. For pistols I think there needs to be some much better control there, more back round checks, more classes, more consequences too for the people that get illegal pistols and use them. Most people that get handguns legally don't intend on harming others, unless they carry, and in that case you have to prove without a doubt if you use it in a survival situation.

Most of the laws need to be tighter however. Seems like most crimes are committed with illegal pistols, and if that's the case we need to tighten and stop the flow of illegal weapons. Another problem that the damn NRA is doing is allowing convicted felons to carry again, something that has been illegal forever but they are getting away with it with the help of NRA lawyers. Also allowing people that can carry in Michigan to carry in New York where the law is stricter is stupid, that's the reason why states have different laws. Lastly remember what I said about background checks, they need to be much more robust, there needs to be some kind of physiologically report when people buy pistols, cause it seems much too easy for people with mental problems are getting their hands on guns.

What is tough is to get actual facts on whether gun control or lack of it helps reduce crime. Both sides are too bias for there to be any real progress, because it seems any third party data gets drown out by both sides. Having a gun is a big responsibility, so we shouldn't take it as lightly as we have been lately (again, pistols, not rifles or shotguns)
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 03:25:05 PM »
It's not good.

the end.

Moderator Comment Finniespin, You have received a warning for spamming. Specifically pointless post in the debate board. Please refer to your pm for more information.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 05:32:54 PM by Inject OH 4 »

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 03:25:32 PM »
More psychological tests on someone before they buy a gun, period.

Offline Liam Neeson

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 04:05:57 PM »
Perfectly fine with some of the laws the way they are, which is you can buy rifles/shotguns at 18. I see no problem with that because it tends to be pistols that are used in almost all the crimes committed. For pistols I think there needs to be some much better control there, more back round checks, more classes, more consequences too for the people that get illegal pistols and use them. Most people that get handguns legally don't intend on harming others, unless they carry, and in that case you have to prove without a doubt if you use it in a survival situation.

Most of the laws need to be tighter however. Seems like most crimes are committed with illegal pistols, and if that's the case we need to tighten and stop the flow of illegal weapons. Another problem that the damn NRA is doing is allowing convicted felons to carry again, something that has been illegal forever but they are getting away with it with the help of NRA lawyers. Also allowing people that can carry in Michigan to carry in New York where the law is stricter is stupid, that's the reason why states have different laws. Lastly remember what I said about background checks, they need to be much more robust, there needs to be some kind of physiologically report when people buy pistols, cause it seems much too easy for people with mental problems are getting their hands on guns.

What is tough is to get actual facts on whether gun control or lack of it helps reduce crime. Both sides are too bias for there to be any real progress, because it seems any third party data gets drown out by both sides. Having a gun is a big responsibility, so we shouldn't take it as lightly as we have been lately (again, pistols, not rifles or shotguns)

I agree this debate in the government is one of many that suffers from the "I like donkeys, well i like Elephants" issue where there is a complete lack of free thought and only one extreme is the right one.

Although in the end i think gun control should be a law that should fall to the individual states for their specific situations instead of the federal government, although I don't think completely illegalizing firearms is ever the right choice

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 04:17:27 PM »
As I live in Canada most firearms are illegal so I'm perfectly fine with gun control. I understand the American right to bear arms and I respect that but I'm kind of glad that it's not like that in Canada. It's funny though because like Old Crow said most gun related crimes are related to handguns which is true in Canada as well even though you can't purchase them legally without a possession and acquisition licence.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 04:23:10 PM »
As I live in Canada most firearms are illegal so I'm perfectly fine with gun control. I understand the American right to bear arms and I respect that but I'm kind of glad that it's not like that in Canada. It's funny though because like Old Crow said most gun related crimes are related to handguns which is true in Canada as well even though you can't purchase them legally without a possession and acquisition licence.

That's because most crimes are committed with illegal firearms which is why gun control for the most part doesn't work

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 04:23:27 PM »

Most people that buy rifles/shotguns do it for hunting or target/clay pigeon shooting. Shotguns can be used as a home defense weapon as well. When it comes to handguns however there are the reasons above and self defense and then we have people buying them for crime but most people that can get it legally won't buy it for crime, they will get one illegally so its hard to trace and so the cops can't just pull you up on their computer and know what guns you have. Sure people have killed others with their legal handguns but I would say about 80% of the crimes committed with a gun are illegal pistols.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Hair Slut

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 05:21:37 PM »
Gun control in theory would stop all gun related crime, but look at the UK, most firearms are banned and now you have people getting stabbed and beaten far more than just getting threatened to get shot and the criminal runs, Gun control is a bad idea but i see how people want it to work. More background checks/mental tests would work well if you had more than just 1 person deciding who passes these checks, because you get people who dont give a shit and let everything through, like motorcycle license in MN, to not letting anyone except family and friends get them, like most politicians today.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 05:34:19 PM »
More psychological tests on someone before they buy a gun, period.
Moderator Comment Please don't post 1 Liners. On the right track but slightly useless post.
They need a psych exam before getting a licence you mean as a suggestion?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 05:39:55 PM by Inject OH 4 »
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 06:49:58 PM »

That's because most crimes are committed with illegal firearms which is why gun control for the most part doesn't work

Yeah, but the idea of gun control makes a lot of sense from a policing standpoint. You are going to treat a situation where you know there is a possibility of there being a firearm than if it's likely there isn't.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 07:22:21 PM »

Yeah, but the idea of gun control makes a lot of sense from a policing standpoint. You are going to treat a situation where you know there is a possibility of there being a firearm than if it's likely there isn't.

Yeah but look at British cops, they don't carry firearms most of the time, so if anybody decides that they are gonna use one, those guys are screwed. Here in the U.S. I'm pretty sure most cops will think the worst can happen and always have a hand on their gun before they see who they are dealing with.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Pancake Of Doom

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 11:02:11 PM »
Okay well, Let's just get this out there. Just because there are high restrictions on guns, to the point where no one has a fire arm, People will still have guns. Specifically criminals. Take prohibition for example. The government banned alcohol, and look what it caused. Prohibition formed organized crime and people still had alcohol. Entire towns would fight federal agents to keep their beer. Don't you think a ban on firearms would spike criminal activity like Prohibition did? Just because you take one dealer out, an addict will find another source.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 11:02:11 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal