Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Top Horror Games  (Read 5767 times)

Offline Doc. Mentalist S.

Top Horror Games
« on: June 07, 2012, 12:03:52 AM »
Your top horror games! List or single. GO!

Offline Dubnub

Re: Top Horror Games
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 12:07:30 AM »
Imma start off with Amnesia: The Dark Descent and the old old Resident Evil games, they used to scare the crap out of me back when I had a PS1 :/

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpuv9AZG66g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpuv9AZG66g</a>

Dabad graphics made it even more scary..
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 12:11:12 AM by Dubnub »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 12:07:30 AM »

Offline Boxman

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 12:08:35 AM »
Wow..

Resident Evil hands down..

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline xXArbysOvenMittXx

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 01:21:51 AM »
Dead Space, Afraid of Monsters, Cry of Fear, They Hunger (I guess if you can look past the ANCIENT graphics)

Offline Spadie

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 04:31:46 AM »
- Clocktower series which I can't play because I have a fear of scary things chasing me that I can't fend off.. Causing my hands to stop working and me to panic.
- Amnesia, can't play for above reason. Had to watch a friend play it to get the story
- Dead Space (I have a friend who insists Dead Space isn't a horror game)
- F.E.A.R and the sequels have its moments, in between the shooty pew pew moments.
- Fatal Frame
- L.S.D, dream simulator can be really creepy. I play it on my PSP in bed.
- Thief levels with the zombies
- Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Ocean House FUCK THAT
- Afraid of Monsters

I'll update if I think of more
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 04:34:21 AM by Spadie »

---
Oh goddammit.

Offline Hair Slut

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 06:23:55 AM »
- Clocktower series which I can't play because I have a fear of scary things chasing me that I can't fend off.. Causing my hands to stop working and me to panic.
- Amnesia, can't play for above reason. Had to watch a friend play it to get the story
- Dead Space (I have a friend who insists Dead Space isn't a horror game)
- F.E.A.R and the sequels have its moments, in between the shooty pew pew moments.
- Fatal Frame
- L.S.D, dream simulator can be really creepy. I play it on my PSP in bed.
- Thief levels with the zombies
- Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Ocean House FUCK THAT
- Afraid of Monsters

I'll update if I think of more

i raise you a dead space and add the crashed ship near the end, no thank you super fast space alien zombies that practically teleport to you only to stand there 1 second before raping your face off.

also f.e.a.r. would be better if they added some horror to the shooting scenes a ton.

both fear expansions, not fear 2 and 3

fuck amnesia

fatal frame was some jump scare shit, goddamn screaming ghosts

and everyone says it but, ravenholm because of the FUCKING SCREAMING MUSCLE SKELETONS THAT JUMP INTO YOUR FACE. you dont go to ravenholm

that goddamn well and shadow temple man, that atmosphere is still scary

oh and LOOK BEHIND YOU

Offline Waffuls the Huntress

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 07:06:28 AM »
Honestly haven't played that many scary games because I get too scared and I just cry.

Been trying to play Am, but I know there's a monster encounter soon and if I can't shoot it, I just hide in a corner and pray to Baby Nascar Jesus Almighty that it does not follow the piss trail.

But I've seen my uncle play RE and Eternal Darkness. ED wasn't that bad, til the sanity dropped to the point where the walls bled, then it was just creepy. RE, however.. I was fucking scared to go to the bathroom at my grandparent's house because there was a towel closet next to the toilet and I felt like something would jump at me. Only reason, though.

I've played FEAR, and I had to play it in 800x600, sound off, eyes halfway closed, lights on, daytime, and with a friend watching my stream. At first it was bad for me, but after a while (with a bit of racism and a lot of trolling), the game was extremely funny to me. Drop kicking every single monster, trying to drop kick bosses, drop kicking Alma, and QQ'ing that the game killed my black guy and my asian person was raped into dust was simply awesome. Good times.

v Fear Stories v
Alma is supposed to be scary, but whenever I saw her I would reverse stalk her. One time, she was looking at me though a glass door, so I broke the glass and she wasn't there. Then the next door, then the next, until I finally hit a room with a vest in it. I take the vest and the lights go out, with Alma screaming at me, blocking the door. All I did was tell the bitch to stop complaining that I took her vest. She's got infinite hp, what does she need it for? I swatted at her until she got out of my face.
I would drop kick enemies, and then drop kick their bodies until they would glitch through the floors and walls, drop kick bosses and at times, used guns. The only boss I really used a gun for was this big mechanical one, and for God's sake, when I dropped my gun to switch it for a launcher, both of the guns disappeared. Didn't know til later that they had fallen through the floor, to the level under me.
I tried my best to explore all rooms, but this one room played the candy van card so hard that I refused to go in. Door opened itself, my HUD was going apeshit, lights were flickering and gurneys were moving around. I walked up to the door, stood there for a bit to watch HUD freak out, and then closed the door. And walked off. It's been a year almost since I played it, and I still do not know what type of candy was in that van.
And then there was JimmyJoeBob. He was an enemy that came through the ceiling on a rope, but never got off of the rope and wouldn't attack me. Just would follow me with his eyes. I killed him that day. I've never gotten over betraying my dear friend. /tear
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 07:08:30 AM by Waffuls the Huntress »

Offline Smiffy

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 09:03:28 AM »
But I've seen my uncle play RE and Eternal Darkness. ED wasn't that bad, til the sanity dropped to the point where the walls bled, then it was just creepy. RE, however.. I was fucking scared to go to the bathroom at my grandparent's house because there was a towel closet next to the toilet and I felt like something would jump at me. Only reason, though.

Loved playing ED, i remember the sanity drop which makes all your limbs fall off and end up screaming somehow, Anyways Penumbra hasn't seemed to be mentioned here, Penumbra Black Plague was pretty darn good and scary.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 11:09:12 AM »
Fallout 3. Just going through dark areas, hoping there weren't any super mutants when your a lower level with weapons that barely make a dent. the music did not help. It has been the only game so far that has made me jump when I was playing it. Same thing whenever I was outside in the middle of the night, just running to wherever I needed to go, to have the music change suddenly and see 2 or 3 albino rad scorpions bearing down on me, scary stuff.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline whenbananasattack

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 02:56:07 PM »
Decided to list only games no one else has mentioned yet. Not to say I don't like a lot of those games, of course :P

*  The Siren games.
* the white chamber.
* Echo Night: Beyond (don't bother with the other two).
* The first ObsCure.
* Sweet Home (yeah, yeah, I know it's an NES game. It's still oozes atmosphere).
* Shadow Man.
* Hell Night/Dark Messiah.
* Rule of Rose (this one is sort of a borderline case, though, because it's a pain in the ass to play).
* Haunting Ground (well, maybe that one falls under "Clock Tower", but it's not technically a member of the series).
* Downfall.
* Clive Barker's Undying.
* Scratches.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 04:52:23 PM »
To every1 that says dead space, SHAME ON YOU.
I was never scared at all trough all of it, the few times I jumped was due to jump scares.
In dead space you never felt scared because you were powerful as shit, even on higher difficulty I never felt insignificantly powerful.

However a game that did would be Amnesia: The dark decent and silent hill 1 did it too obviously.

Offline Dubnub

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 05:13:31 PM »
Dead Space made me laugh more then scared, Especially the second one.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmvjRv2oMWQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmvjRv2oMWQ</a>

Offline Sammy

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 07:32:06 PM »
Bubsy 3d... nuff said.
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Offline Spadie

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 08:37:57 PM »
Bubsy 3d... nuff said.

Oh dear  frogface

I had Bubsy on the Sega Genesis. It was actually really good.

BACK ON TOPIC

Though I haven't really played them, Silent Hill is pretty terrifying at times

---
Oh goddammit.

Offline Sammy

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 09:14:40 PM »
Bubsy 3d... nuff said.

Oh dear  frogface

I had Bubsy on the Sega Genesis. It was actually really good.

BACK ON TOPIC

Though I haven't really played them, Silent Hill is pretty terrifying at times

I was serious, bright coloured, unfinished landscapes and the most retarded and odd enemies ever. Shit got scary.
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 09:14:40 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal