Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AK-47 or M16  (Read 13826 times)

Offline Old Crow

Re: AK-47 or M16
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 11:45:05 AM »
Yes, and no.  Due to the shortening of the M16 barrel - for variants, like the M-4 - the tumbling does not occur as it should.  In addition, the velocity loss, also due to the shorten barrels, means the Afghans do not have to wear body armor, but just be far enough away. And, due to the velocity loss, the round does not fragment, as designed, at far ranges.  Right now the major issue is snipers in Afghanistan.

An old bolt action rifle in a heavy caliber, like 7.62x54r, or 30.06, etc. out range the rifles the standard US Soldier would normally carry.   This is why the US Mil is sending M-14 variant sniper rifles and (supposedly) issuing them at the platoon level.

Only thing about the M14 is that they are replacing it in the service by the M110 semi-auto sniper system based of the M16, but it is a 7.62X51 NATO round just like the M-14 uses. Not sure how the army issues them but i know the Marine Corps gives them to Designated marksmen, aka the same role the M-14 has at the moment
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Boxman

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 11:48:31 AM »
Yes, and no.  Due to the shortening of the M16 barrel - for variants, like the M-4 - the tumbling does not occur as it should.  In addition, the velocity loss, also due to the shorten barrels, means the Afghans do not have to wear body armor, but just be far enough away. And, due to the velocity loss, the round does not fragment, as designed, at far ranges.  Right now the major issue is snipers in Afghanistan.

An old bolt action rifle in a heavy caliber, like 7.62x54r, or 30.06, etc. out range the rifles the standard US Soldier would normally carry.   This is why the US Mil is sending M-14 variant sniper rifles and (supposedly) issuing them at the platoon level.

Only thing about the M14 is that they are replacing it in the service by the M110 semi-auto sniper system based of the M16, but it is a 7.62X51 NATO round just like the M-14 uses. Not sure how the army issues them but i know the Marine Corps gives them to Designated marksmen, aka the same role the M-14 has at the moment

... Because the M14 is totally 100% a sniper rifle? @_@

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 11:48:31 AM »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 12:04:30 PM »
... Because the M14 is totally 100% a sniper rifle? @_@

Not a full range sniper rifle but it is accurate enough to be employed as a DMR or designated marksman rifle. they're not snipers but members that take important shots for the squad. Basically the best shooter of the unit becomes a DMR. Of course the M-14 was employed in Vietnam by the army as a sniper rifle for a while till they came out with the M24.

3 Days isn't log

Offline matthew

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 02:16:56 PM »
i would choose the ak larger round and more reliable

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2011, 02:38:35 PM »
"In CS:S however, the AK's accuracy blows"

WRONG

AK-47  is way more accurate in css than the M16 by far  frogc00l

AK-47 is good at close and long range ,M16 in css is shit at long range but only good at close. People who think the AK-47 in css is shit is because they arn't using the gun correctly.

Which would be whitellama ^>^

Anyway, just to point it out, the gun in css is actually a m4a1 not a m16, the m16 has a much longer barrel.  IRl the m16 would be more accurate, idk about the m4a1, but the AK-47 is definitely an easy headshot in CSS.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2011, 04:21:25 PM »
Without no doubt the AK-47, but then again I wouldn't get my hand on one... Norway and it's rules, I know one place I can get an M16 but oh well, that same place has a spas (whatever else it is called).

I am an impatient man, meaning I can not sit still somewhere with an accurate weapon, like the m16.
AK-47 is much more of an assult weapon which fits me more, not saying I would run into enemy fire... just saying I would not sit still for ages upon end.
Also as you said AK-47 is more reliable and I feel it has more times in which it is good to use strategically.

Offline Robby the [Bitter]

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2011, 03:18:53 PM »
ak, doesnt jam.

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2011, 04:21:02 PM »
mac-10 Break yo self Fools!

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2011, 04:27:30 AM »
AK all the way

Offline Doc. Mentalist S.

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2011, 01:47:04 AM »
Its so simple that a child is capable of operating an ak47 (Literally, they do today).

Dont mind the idiot...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE_gm00ebFY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE_gm00ebFY</a>

As for an m16, they are oftenly used during recons and tactical extractions.

In situations such as Urban Warfare, both are commonly used. Ever wondered why?

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2011, 06:02:01 AM »
FAKE.

Offline H4XROFLLOL

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2011, 02:53:01 AM »
For my first post, it saddens me that I must tell you that you all are a bunch of idiots. Actually, I rephrase that. All of you who picked AK47 are idiots. The M16 would wreck the AK47 hands down.  Sure the AK47's rounds leave a bigger impact, but you better hit your first or second shot because after that and you are going full-auto, you will be shooting the sky. The M16 on the other hand is much for effective since you can empty and entire clip, full-auto, into a 3x3 foot box at 50 yards and hit every shot. I've shot both and, from experience, the AK47 is impossible to have the same accuracy as the M16 unless you fire it in two- to three-round bursts.

The M16 is better than the Ak47 unless, of course, you are standing 5 yards from your opponent.
Overconfidence causes arrogance which allows for one person to rise up and take as she pleases.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2011, 02:57:07 AM »
For my first post, it saddens me that I must tell you that you all are a bunch of idiots. Actually, I rephrase that. All of you who picked AK47 are idiots. The M16 would wreck the AK47 hands down.  Sure the AK47's rounds leave a bigger impact, but you better hit your first or second shot because after that and you are going full-auto, you will be shooting the sky. The M16 on the other hand is much for effective since you can empty and entire clip, full-auto, into a 3x3 foot box at 50 yards and hit every shot. I've shot both and, from experience, the AK47 is impossible to have the same accuracy as the M16 unless you fire it in two- to three-round bursts.

The M16 is better than the Ak47 unless, of course, you are standing 5 yards from your opponent.

its hands down that the M16 has the better accuracy, and in full auto it would beat the AK too but most of the M16's for the Army and Marines only come in single shot and three round burst right? And i would take a look at the bigger picture. Accuracy M16<AK, Reliability AK<M16 and so on!

3 Days isn't log

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2011, 05:43:32 AM »
Better solution,

Offline Timmy

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2011, 05:46:37 AM »

Revolver

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2011, 05:46:37 AM »

* ShoutBox!