Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: An Xbox 360 vs PS3 Dilemna  (Read 7402 times)

Offline Whitellama

An Xbox 360 vs PS3 Dilemna
« on: May 14, 2011, 07:33:23 PM »
While these discussions usually go nowhere, I'm not throwing this into debate for a reason. All I need is advice on a decision. Also, disregard the fact that Play Station Network is down. It will most likely be up by the time I would get around to buying it, if that was my decision.

The situation:

For the second time in a 40 day period, my xbox 360 has had red rings. We got it fixed the first time, something had to be re- sautered. After that, a few days after their 30-day money back guarantee (DAMNIT), it got red rings again. If the guy we had fix it the first time is going to charge us again, and we hope he won't be an asshole and do that, then we will have him fix it again. If not, we are considering a new Xbox 360 (the slim one), or a PS3.

To keep in mind:

- The new Xbox 360 has only an internal hard drive, and comes for $200 for 4GB of flash memory, or $300 for 250GB of memory (which I would never fill nor do I want). Whoever came up with these two options, is a complete asshole that I'd like to punch in the face.

- I have not the slightest clue whether or not it would be possible to transfer my old data to a new console.

- I have no PS3 games, and I have a ton of money invested into my Xbox 360 and games.

- PS3 does not cost money for online multiplayer gaming (a definite plus).

- My brother did some rough math, and assuming that the games we sold from Xbox 360 were for terrible prices, it would take roughly 3 years for the PS3's free internet to pay off the money lost in the trade ins.

- The only games I am immediately interested in for PS3 is Killzone (the newest one, 3 I think), Little Big Planet 2, and FAT PRINCESS (I've wanted to play this for so long since it was first released.)

- What I would be selling for the PS3: The broken Xbox 360 (stripped of parts I'd like to keep however), TONS of my Xbox 360 games, two controllers and two headsets, my $60 wifi adapter for the Xbox (IT PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH THAT NOW THEY DECIDE TO HAVE BUILT IN WIFI), and whatever shit I left out.

So do you guys think it would be worth getting a PS3, or just an Xbox 360?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 07:35:25 PM by Whitellama »

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
Re: A Xbox 360 vs PS3 Dilemna
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 07:36:56 PM »
I'd get a PS3 but that's my personal opinion. The free online is worth it plus idk if you would be eligible for it but existing Playstation members are to get the Plus service free for 30 days which includes a crap ton of discounts and a couple free games and/or full game trails.
InFAMOUS and Gran Turismo 5 are some game I would really recommend. God of War 3/Collection would be another ideal choice if your into single player games.
Resistance is another good game to check out.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

Re: A Xbox 360 vs PS3 Dilemna
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 07:36:56 PM »

Offline Bjork

Re: An Xbox 360 vs PS3 Dilemna
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 07:53:18 PM »
^ Dem games are boss. ^

Tbh if you are gonna play a console simply for online then go for Xbox it has more multiplayer focused exclusives and more advanced social options.

PS3 has in my opinion the most and best single player exclusives such as Yakuza , Uncharted , Heavy rain ( You either love it or you hate it) LBP and a few more that I can't think of.
(=CG=) Bjork! : Its an old cat aswell so its gonna look like a war vet
(=CG=) Bjork! : It also has a beard
Maurice Moss   : How old is it?
Maurice Moss   : Wait a BEARD?

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 07:55:31 PM »
Half the fun of LBP is online however ^_^

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 08:05:10 PM »
Ditch both and get more pc games.

Offline Boxman

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 08:12:33 PM »
Ditch both and get more pc games.

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Whitellama

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 08:15:54 PM »
I'm in it for both multiplayer and singleplayer, but I think part of the idea that you're paying for you multiplayer on Xbox, makes you want to play it more, so your money isn't going to be wasted.

And I really don't care between multiplayer and singleplayer. But as the PS3 has free multiplayer, I guess it doesn't quite matter...

And I would definitely get PC games if my graphics card could handle the good ones.

Also, I think I read that this wasn't possible, but can an Xbox 360 graphics card be installed on a PC? That would be fuckin' sweet if so.

Offline Boxman

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 08:17:58 PM »
And I would definitely get PC games if my graphics card could handle the good ones.
... You can afford a PS3/360 but can't afford PC upgrades..?

-Facepalm-

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
wat? u scared/????

Offline Bjork

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 08:21:53 PM »
Half the fun of LBP is online however ^_^

The only online bit of it I found fun was community levels but that doesn't really seems more like downloading something that playing an online game. I never really liked side scrolling platformers with more that 1 player but thats just personal opinion.
(=CG=) Bjork! : Its an old cat aswell so its gonna look like a war vet
(=CG=) Bjork! : It also has a beard
Maurice Moss   : How old is it?
Maurice Moss   : Wait a BEARD?

Offline LeninCat

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 08:32:01 PM »
A 360. Microsoft has not had a massive online downtime like this at all. My opinion of Sony has gone down the shitter.

Besides, in your situation there are more ways to have fun without spending further money.

The PSN gold for a month thing only applies to accounts that currently exist though, not those created during or after.
"I'm admin of my own asshole, no one may enter but me" -Wholegrain on vent 12:49:12 AM March 12th 2011

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 08:41:44 PM »
You can afford a PS3/360 but can't afford PC upgrades..?

We can, but we have two computers, and mine would need quite a bit of upgrading anyway, (especially my graphics card, I can't play oblivion, assassin's creed, and other shitt...)

But, my mom is really into the whole netflix thing and she doesn't want to watch it on her computer monitor so she helps pay for live and will be pitching in for the new console, so the money must go towards a new console.

Also, Whitellama, we can transfer our data to the new 360 if we get one with a 20$ data transfer thingy...

Keep in mind we MUST buy a new console, there's no way in hell we're going back to the wii... *shudders*
The PSN gold for a month thing only applies to accounts that currently exist though, not those created during or after.

I'm not interested in the PSN plus, we can still play online for free, and yes, sony did get hacked...
Right now the xbox is the logical choice, although the ps3 is considerably less money out of pocket with all the games we would be selling, than again we wouldn't have many games...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 08:55:56 PM by Blackllama »

Offline san445

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 08:57:29 PM »
off topic: is black and white llama related or just a coincides?

Offline Superkabii

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 10:05:17 PM »
I wouldn't have guessed san would say something off topic......

Anyway, I think this recent situation has proven PSN is inferior to Xbox Live, and the XBOX 360 really has received more discussion and attention...

Offline Boxman

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 11:46:59 PM »
off topic: is black and white llama related or just a coincides?
They're brothers..

I suggest a 360 simply because I'm positive you can re-use your hard drive...

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wat? u scared/????

Offline Superkabii

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 12:11:15 AM »
And I personally don't think its worth it to sell all of your games, then buy new ones...

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 12:11:15 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal