Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: IDEA!!!  (Read 1791 times)

Offline (=CG=) DoomBringerDANTE

IDEA!!!
« on: April 11, 2011, 03:29:48 PM »

I had an Idea for a game mode/map for fretta.
It is based off the Deadlands Series.
My Idea is this:

You play as a character or "Hero" in the 1880's your job is to hunt down the servants of the Reckoners. But not all of the servants are attacking openly. Some are attacking by rumors to raise the fear level of the local to make the area a Deadland. You are higherd by either Pinkertons Agency, Texas Rangers, Doc Holiday or Hoyle's Ghost to hunt them down. (This isn't included in the game its just background.) Your job is to rout out the Servants of the reckoners without letting the fear level get to 6. If it does.... Well welcome to hell on earth.
A random player is selected as a servant. For every 4 people the Servant become stronger. At 1-4 it is a normal person just like the other players. 5-8 The Servant becomes a Abomination. It gains Extra Armor, Health, and points to buy spells or equipment for their class. 5-8 with Fear Level 4 the The Servant becomes a Fearmonger It gains even more health and armor. 9-12 the Servant becomes a Servator which grants it a slow Regeneration on top of the additional Health and Armor. 13-16 Another Servator is chosen. 17-20 Yet another Servator is chosen. 21+ Again another Servator is chosen.

For every Hero killed the Fear Level goes up by 1 if there is 1-8 people.  9+ Fear level Goes up buy 0.25 per hero killed.

This is kinda like TTT except it involves a counter called a fear level (Where once it gets to 6 the Heroes lose. If a Hero kills another hero the fear level still Increases.), The players can have magic, spawn npcs that follow them and attack anyone who attacks him, special weapons, or health depending upon their class.

Classes:

Huckster: These magic users make demons their bitches and force them to cast spells for the Huckster. They can levitate objects, Shoot Lightning, and figure out where everyone is (Basically a Radar.), and figure out where a murderer (Servant or Rdmer) is.

Shootist: This Magic user Is similar to huckster Except it can purchase upgrades to its gun. This Includes ignoring Armor, Dealing extra damage, and add on scopes/silencers.

Mad Scientist: Sorta like a shootist except it can spawn objects to make houses, forts, cars .etc

Voodooist: They can summon undead (Spawn Zombies) and track people with their magic (Dna Scanner, Radar), they also can damage a person from long range (Voodoo doll acting as a gun.)

Gun Slinger: They Can start with any gun they want, their accuracy with that gun is better than any other classes accuracy with it and has little to no recoil.

Texas Ranger/Agency Member: They start with a gun of their choice and can call in backup (Spawn Police).

Harrowed: "One of the nastiest people. These hombres are had to put down." They have double health and a bar that allows them to use harrowed magic. Harrowed Magic ranges from becoming immaterial (It basically has noclip but cant fly it just can walk through people and objects.) to Regenerating lost health when not moving or shooting.

Blessed/Shaman: This class can get the ability to deal extra damage with melee weapons and shoot Holy Fire. They also have abilities that range from creating Holy Water (Grenades that deal double damage to Harrowed, and any servant that is abomination level through Fearmonger.) to healing players (Medkit.).

Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadlands

What do YOU think?

http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Malkavian
Quotes From/About Malkavians:
"Hee, hee! Watch it squirm! Now poke out its eyes!" - the last words heard by a victim of a Malkavian connoisseur.------
"When a Malkavian speaks, listen.  When a Malkavian acts, leave. 
When two Malkavians gather, run."
-Gangrel, on Malkavians------
"When you find yourself falling into madness, dive!" Malkavian saying---

Re: IDEA!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 07:43:52 PM »
Thanks TK I will check it out when I can.
I think for now all I can do is get a Wild West map and start Deadlands as a Death Match using only Wild west like guns (I know there are SWEPS out there I just dont know how I would make a map spawn those guns) for when it is in the Alpha stages where you are just Gunslingers (Without the Gun Menu unless some one tells me how to do that) then slowly add in the other classes once I learn how to do that and finally add in the servants of the Reckoners.

"Hee, hee! Watch it squirm! Now poke out its eyes!" - the last words heard by a victim of a Malkavian connoisseur.------

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 07:43:52 PM »

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 08:05:35 PM »
I just interpreted this as a mix between RP and TTT?

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 08:21:45 PM »
The original Deadlands is a RPG by Pinical. But since they made so much money on their products they retired their series and have let people make Variants of Deadlands or put it into other games.

The original Deadlands The Weird west is a role playing game where you are in the 1800's. Raven, a shaman, helped the Reckoners by freeing the Manitous (Demons). Once they got free Vampires, Werewolves and the others apeared. Hucksters already exsisted but their magic was hard to cast since the Manitous were imprisoned by Shamans. You are a hero who goes around fighting Fearmongers and abominations Reducing the Fear level and Effectively stoping the world from becoming a Deadland.

Storyling wise. The Heroes of Deadlands win. Then Fail because of a time Traveling harrowed. But thats Deadlands: Hell On Earth. Which would basicly be as a game the exact same thing but diffrent class names, weapons, and the additions of Templars and DoomSayers/DoomBringers (People who can use radiation magic) if I then made a game mode for that.

So kinda. Except in the game mode there is no RP. For the game mode though later on it dosent matter if the servant is sneaky or open. At servator level the player can just shout "HEY IDIOTS IM THE SERVATOR COME FIGHT ME AND DIE!" Of course the Servator still has to fight a lot people and will eventually die if it kills openly.

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 08:34:45 PM »
Do they still make you pay to get the game?

Or can you download it for free somewhere? Message me if you can  ;)

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 11:55:11 AM »
Do they still make you pay to get the game?

Or can you download it for free somewhere? Message me if you can  ;)
It depends corey. Some of them are free for pdfs and some are very expensive for a physical copy. I was looking at Doom Town or Bust and found out a physical copy is double the original price. If you want free pdfs they have some on 4shared.com but they dont tell you if it is the legal or illegal copy.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 01:00:33 PM by Death Warden: Nightmare »

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 01:05:24 PM »
I have been reading the Gmod Wiki and It seems like the closest I can do is make a Class Based Death Match. Plus or Minus a few clases. Everyone would basickly lose their DNA scanner abilitys if they have one. The radar ability is wierd. I might be able to add a radar to those magic users and have them spawn with it but I dont know how I could do that.

@tk weapons are to far in the future for me. When I get home I should have the basic DM game mode done. Then I will just need to figure out how to get Western guns to spawn and have players Start with a crowbar and Colt Peacemaker.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 01:05:24 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal