Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lua + C++  (Read 2307 times)

Offline Wholegrain

Lua + C++
« on: March 07, 2011, 09:06:39 PM »
Im starting to learn how to do programming im going to be doing a mixture of both lua and C++

Im not too far in i have a few of the basics down but haven't actually compiled anything yet but im downloading a compiler and im going to take an hour out of my dad to try to learn and get a good foothold in coding

My hopes (very far fetched and if it ever happened would take a long time)
sql coding
sourcemod coding
C++ coding
lua coding

Im only really interested right now in lua and a bit of C++ im going to take it one step at a time

the point of this topic is partially to inform and partially to ask if anyone has a very basic understanding and will be able to help me out if i have questions

Offline Zukuto

Re: Lua + C++
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 09:59:47 PM »
I have 3 years Lua, 1 year C++, and 4 years of Java. Ask me anything, i'll gladly help. Also, I suggest you make C++ a priority considering it is a simple language, and easy to learn. After C++ Lua will be easy.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 09:59:47 PM »

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 10:10:11 PM »
They both follow a good amount of the same rules but yea im definitely going to be asking a few questions soon lol

im taking about an hour out of my day to go through the tutorials ducky posted a while back and make sure i know everything within them

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 04:13:17 AM »
Remember if you need to I might know an answer to a question as well. As I do know Computer Programming Languages and am going back to university for it soon.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 10:55:42 AM »
Try C#.

F****** damn unorganized shit.
even the code is horrible.

I like php. Never had hands on C++ though.

Saw some Lua, but since anything source engine games related things that I created. Was never actually published/used.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 10:55:42 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal