Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Religion Thread  (Read 41745 times)

Offline Pillz

Re: Religion Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 10:06:13 PM »
wow. Just wow. chalupa, nobody has been flaming because there hasnt been a post like yours yet.

like. why do you exist.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline juke60xxx

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 10:10:55 PM »
rofl satan didn't make anyone do anything its sin that causes you go against God. Obviously you didn't read the good book lol. Satan can't make you do anything its free will after all that determines everything. I read this anticipating a good speech about christianity then boom it crashed horribly. Good try though thanks! :D

Here s some quote you good old christian read up
John 5:19 (“the whole world is under the control of
the evil one”) and Matthew 4:8, where Jesus did not
dispute Satan’s claim to the kingdoms of the earth,
how do you square that with God’s sovereignty? Satan
had to ask God’s permission to afflict Job.

Adam and Eve disobeyed God, causing them to lose dominion over the Earth to Satan. Reversing those consequences cost God the life of His Son (Romans 8:19-21) and the Book of Revelation is partly about God’s move to repossess that which He has redeemed.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 10:10:55 PM »

Skieski

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 10:25:16 PM »
I do believe in God and all, if not most, of the stuff in the bible

LORD God's prophecy: The people of Jerusalem will be massacred: (Ezekiel 9:4-11) "Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary."

"Anyone who curses his father or mother shall be put to death; since he has cursed his father or mother, he has forfeited his life.
    If a man commits adultery with his neighbor's wife, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death.
    If a man disgraces his father by lying with his father's wife, both the man and his stepmother shall be put to death; they have forfeited their lives.
    If a man lies with his daughter-in-law, both of them shall be put to death; since they have committed an abhorrent deed, they have forfeited their lives.
    If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives.
    If a man marries a woman and her mother also, the man and the two women as well shall be burned to death for their shameful conduct, so that such shamefulness may not be found among you.

1. In Genesis 7:21-23, God drowns the entire population of the earth: men, women, children, fetuses, and animals.
   2. In Exodus 12:29, God the baby-killer slaughters all Egyptian firstborn children and cattle because their king was stubborn.
   3. In Numbers 16:41-49, the Israelites complain that God is killing too many of them. So, God sends a plague that kills 14,000 more of them.
   4. In 1 Samuel 6:19, God kills 50,000 men for peeking into the ark of the covenant.
   5. In Numbers 31:7-18, the Israelites kill all the Midianites except for the virgins, whom they are allowed to rape as spoils of war.
   6. In 2 Kings 2:23-24, some kids tease the prophet Elisha, and God sends bears to dismember them.

Source: http://commonsenseatheism.com/?p=682

I suggest changing the statement to "I believe in the bible, excluding quite a few passages from the Old Testament"
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 10:27:17 PM by Skieski »

Offline Priest

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 10:27:30 PM »
From Douglas Adams "The Restaraunt at the End of the Universe"

Hesitantly, Arthur picked up one of those things that looked like pears.

“I always thought that about the Garden of Eden story,” said Ford.

“Eh?”

“Garden of Eden. Tree. Apple. That bit, remember?”

“Yes of course I do.”

“Your God person puts an apple tree in the middle of a garden and says do what you like guys, oh, but don’t eat the apple. Surprise, surprise, they eat it and he leaps out from behind a bush shouting`Gotcha’. It wouldn’t have made any difference if they hadn’t eaten it.”

“Why not?”

“Because if you’re dealing with somebody who has the sort of mentality which likes leaving hats on the pavement with bricks under them you know perfectly well they won’t give up. They’ll get you in the end.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Never mind, eat the fruit.”

Skieski

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 10:37:23 PM »
W h a t    t h e    F u c k

Offline Pillz

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 10:38:21 PM »
"Why does God let people die?"  God was kind enough to give us free will and because of that Satan is able to influence and change people and other organisms.

Oh so people die because satan changes people? And he causes other animals to kill one another?
So you're saying it's not a primal instinct  to eat to live that causes them/us to eat other organisms, but it's the devils work?
So if there was no sin, we would all starve and die, correct?

Now you may wonder what I mean by influence and change other organisms, well, you know that animals kill other animals right? As well as bacteria and viruses (their organisms if you didn't know, just in case) Well, because God gave everyone free will, including organisms, Satan was able to make certain animals, bacteria, and virus have a natural instinct to kill other organisms and act more self centered.

Virus's aren't currently depicted as living organisms actually. And once again, so you're saying satan influences bacteria and animals to have a natural instinct to kill? Please elaborate and make what you said make sense. Because so far, it doesn't make any.

He was also able to make certain plants poisonous to us, and make us feel pain.

Right. Pain is the devil's work. You spearheaded it. Poisonous plant's? Devils work. Burger King? The Devil. Fat people? The devil. Human existence? The Devil.

Damnit this is exactly why I hate having Insomnia and only getting about a hour of sleep, I take sleeping pills but they don't work well and I feel weird after I take them, I don't think at all and I constantly swear,  which is obviously does not make it a good day at school or when I am talking to someone. I was half asleep when I wrote that and I still am because I wrote that like, 30 minutes ago. Arrgh motherfucker I can't believe I wrote that and I propblay won't remember why I am writing this statment thinymabob and I am jsut kind of rambleing on here and I really want to go to sleep but I can't so I think I should just stop rambling on before I make myself look like a bigger idiot and I don't fucking... ahhh fuck I forgot was I was rambleing on about, anyway I am really fucking tired right know and I think I just repeated myself and I'm suprised I am able to spell most things well, I think... anyway I'm done writing and... damnit I need to get more sleep, fucking weak sleeping pills. I think I took more than the recommended dose and I'm still awake, I feel really weird right now and I am rambling on so I am ending this post. MOTHER FUCKERS!

Excuses imo.
Unless you take serious drugs that make you hallucinate and shit. There is no excuse. I don't think one can truly make that kind of shit up that you wrote, you had to of believed it somewhat.

We'll forgive you if you drop your religious beliefs and give us 20 bucks though.
Each.

Offline juke60xxx

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 10:40:28 PM »
R O F L

this concludes it...

Offline Christovski

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 10:44:57 PM »
Yeah this is why you don't talk about religion or politics on the internet.
It devolves into a bitchfest

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline juke60xxx

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 10:47:53 PM »
rofl satan didn't make anyone do anything its sin that causes you go against God. Obviously you didn't read the good book lol. Satan can't make you do anything its free will after all that determines everything. I read this anticipating a good speech about christianity then boom it crashed horribly. Good try though thanks! :D

(still tired and feeling weird because of sleeping pills as I am typing this, hopefully it wont sound stupid) Ummm, *in a sarcastic voice* Thanks for respecting my opinion and not being a dick face about it, well I guess I should take the blame for writing that, note to self, don't talk about religion when really fucking tired and after taking to much weak sleeping pills then feeling weird afterwards. Man I should stop taking those, obviously taking more just makes it worse.

Here s some quote you good old christian read up
John 5:19 (“the whole world is under the control of
the evil one”) and Matthew 4:8, where Jesus did not
dispute Satan’s claim to the kingdoms of the earth,
how do you square that with God’s sovereignty? Satan
had to ask God’s permission to afflict Job.

Adam and Eve disobeyed God, causing them to lose dominion over the Earth to Satan. Reversing those consequences cost God the life of His Son (Romans 8:19-21) and the Book of Revelation is partly about God’s move to repossess that which He has redeemed.

Try writing something without using the f word lol. You sound uhhh less christian bro. Then try uhh going to bible school :D or don't post on internet post either like chris said either other is fine xD

Offline Pillz

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 10:48:07 PM »
I'm pretty sure those verses aren't being literal but ok chalupa. You believe what you want. I suggest you stay out of this thread though.

You're a fire hazard.

Offline juke60xxx

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 10:49:34 PM »
lmao

Offline Pillz

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 11:10:05 PM »
I'm tolerant to people's opinions. I'm not tolerant to nonsense. If someone told me they believed a giant shoe created the world, I would tell them their ideals are fucking stupid. Just in case they didn't know.

Seriously dude. Just stop. Get some sleep or something, you aren't helping at all.

Offline juke60xxx

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 11:10:36 PM »
@chapule
lol what are you talking about man, first off you are not knowledgable of the bible at all, secondly we did respect your viewpoint but the viewpoint was absolutely wrong contrary to the very thing you were defending(the bible), thirdly you obviously are the only one who can't handle correction nor be the "christian" your supposed to  and drop f bombs like firecrackers. Lastly the more you post here the more you open yourself to a gigantic swarm of opinionated criticism for your demise. We did asked  you nicely to leave lol.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 11:13:03 PM by juke60xxx »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2010, 11:15:08 PM »
I have everything chalupa said saved to my hard drive for later lulz.

Offline juke60xxx

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2010, 11:17:06 PM »
Deleting it doesn't help bro cause well, we got the epic power of quotes!

Nice try tho :D

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2010, 11:17:06 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal