Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OP shotguns in Hidden, need nerf for CG?  (Read 3048 times)

Offline Milkman007

OP shotguns in Hidden, need nerf for CG?
« on: February 17, 2014, 01:59:31 AM »
As we all know, the shotgun basically destroys the hidden in one shot at about all ranges. I don't play on hidden servers without shotgun nerfs so I don't have much time on the CG hidden servers :( I was just wondering how many people are in favor of a shotgun nerf for the servers. (probably a         -70% damage nerf or something) I feel that it would bring more balance to the game considering people would have to aim for the hidden now. What are you're guys thoughts?
"Black Dynamite"

Offline Live Bait

Re: OP shotguns in Hidden, need nerf for CG?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 02:30:43 PM »
This is absolutely incorrect.
The shotguns have ALREADY been altered.
For the 9 pellets in a shotgun blast, each did 17 damage.
The damage has already been reduced to just over 11 damage per pellet, requiring all 9 pellets to connect to their target.

Think about it, if you're getting shot by a shotgun at point blank (5 feet away), any living thing should NOT survive. If you do, count yourself lucky.

Maybe if you played more on CG servers, you'd notice shotguns AREN'T doing 100 damage from over 30 feet away.

What you're asking for is to make shotguns useless, which is a whiny, selfish thing to ask.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 02:30:43 PM »

Offline Milkman007

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 12:01:49 AM »
Live bait, the only reason I started this was because INJECT *dramatic pause* said they had not been altered. To be honest this is fine. Although I still disagree with the shotgun being in the game at all because of it's one hitter quitter abilities, All I wanted was a nerf and there was one. I shall now cry to inject. TY
"Black Dynamite"

Offline Milkman007

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 12:07:18 AM »
I'll try to research my crap better, sorry for the inconvenience
"Black Dynamite"

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 12:07:28 AM »
This is absolutely incorrect.
The shotguns have ALREADY been altered.
For the 9 pellets in a shotgun blast, each did 17 damage.
The damage has already been reduced to just over 11 damage per pellet, requiring all 9 pellets to connect to their target.

Think about it, if you're getting shot by a shotgun at point blank (5 feet away), any living thing should NOT survive. If you do, count yourself lucky.

Maybe if you played more on CG servers, you'd notice shotguns AREN'T doing 100 damage from over 30 feet away.

What you're asking for is to make shotguns useless, which is a whiny, selfish thing to ask.
Yeah I told him the shotguns were not nerfed. I was wrong.
No need to over react.

And I understand what hes saying. Yes realistically shot guns are stong and a face shoot (or really any) kills you.
But so does every other gun. 1 Shot from any gun almost always = incapacation IRL.

Full IRL logic shouldn't be used in games unless it's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 or something.

Live bait, the only reason I started this was because INJECT *dramatic pause* said they had not been altered. To be honest this is fine. Although I still disagree with the shotgun being in the game at all because of it's one hitter quitter abilities, All I wanted was a nerf and there was one. I shall now cry to inject. TY
Yea my bad lol.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Milkman007

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 12:27:46 AM »
My real logic is that most games have a counter to shotguns (most likely ARs and snipers) While the hidden only kills in CQB, and with elements like lag in a fast passed game, there's always a chance that a random lucky shot could ruin your Hidden round. I'm fine with losing a good 50-65 chunk of heath for doing a bad doge or getting unlucky.                                                                                                                                                                                        .                                                                               Well since this forum is over, feel free to post funny hidden screenshots!  trollface
"Black Dynamite"

Offline Red

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 06:40:45 PM »
'Ere kiddo. There's already a thread for that.

http://www.conjointgaming.com/forum/index.php?topic=9543.0
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Milkman007

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 10:02:13 PM »
'Ere kiddo. There's already a thread for that.

http://www.conjointgaming.com/forum/index.php?topic=9543.0

Darn I'm too new to the forums XD ty
"Black Dynamite"

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 10:02:13 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal