Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PS3 Freezes 5 Seconds after Main Menu loads  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Tictactoe360

PS3 Freezes 5 Seconds after Main Menu loads
« on: January 07, 2014, 10:59:11 AM »
I'm currently trapped at the college till 5ish tonight so I can't try the fix at the bottom of this post yet.

Last night my PS3 was working perfectly fine, I watch a few shows on YouTube and went to bed. This morning when I got up I tried starting my PS3 and it froze at the main menu about 5 seconds after it reached it (I tried to turning it off and on about 10 times and it always froze at the same spot.)

When the PS3 asks to check if any game files were corrupt it can do the five minute scan perfectly fine without any problems and if I open the controller menu before the main menu load it doesn't have any problems, the freeze always happens 5 seconds after the main menu loads.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before or knows someone who has.

Quick Note My home internet was turned off last night and I believe that this may be part of the cause, I think the PS3 might be having a shitfit because it has no way to connect to the internet.

Most common Online Solution I've found.

Place the PS3 in standby mode
    Press and hold the power button for a couple of seconds, you should hear a beep
    Keep a hold of the power button for a couple more seconds, the PS3 should shut back down to standby mode
    Once this happens, press and hold the power button again for a couple of seconds, waiting for 1 single beep.
    Ignore this beep and keep it pressed until you hear 2 consecutive beeps, release the button.

Choose option 3 and try again. You may also need to re-enter the recovery menu and try option 4.
For further information on recovery mode (also known as Safe Mode):
Using the Safe Mode function

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
Re: PS3 Freezes 5 Seconds after Main Menu loads
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 04:39:48 PM »
Did you try that solution yet? Usually that helps.
If not are the PS3 lights changing colors at all? Like yellow?
Also what model PS3 do you have?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

Re: PS3 Freezes 5 Seconds after Main Menu loads
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 04:39:48 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal