Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Forum Rearrangement?  (Read 2202 times)

Offline Pillz

Forum Rearrangement?
« on: November 26, 2013, 02:46:18 AM »
Alright so I've been making some minor tweaks and moves to attempt to organize our forums a little more. Some boards got combined and moved around, and I'm looking to see what I should do next. Click the Forum tab at the top of the page and look around, maybe some more of you could apply for moderator in some parts and help out?

I was thinking of narrowing CG Main down to CG centered boards, IE Rules, Announcements, Introductions, Steam Redirect and Community suggestions. Maybe Youtube also? Then we could have a Discussion board where we have the GD, Way off Topic, Art, and perhaps a new board or two. That way we have CG things in one area and our usual banter in another.

Also wondering if we should make the Admin Application section it's own board since it's such an active part of the forum.

I feel like it still needs a bit more work, but does anyone have any ideas for other forum boards, rules or the such? What do you like about the forum, and what don't you like? How does everyone feel about the Main portal?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 02:51:40 AM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

Re: Forum Rearrangement?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 06:59:46 PM »
I think that having the admin applications as it's own board would be a good idea, it would probably reduce some of the confusion experienced by people that have never used our/any forum before and end up posting apps in the server board. I would also like to see a tab on the top bar that goes directly to the rules and maybe more options for the bans tab. Like a dropdown that has links to sourcebans as well as the forum board for it.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 06:59:46 PM »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 07:10:45 PM »
Just make sure to remember KISS  :P
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline BladeTwinSwords

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 07:35:34 PM »
Personally, I would say CG Main has Announcements, Rules, Introductions, General Discussion, Off-Topic Board, Youtube, Steam Page Redirect, and a Donation Redirect (In the Future) in that order.

General Discussion should have subcategories like Projects, Music, Debates, News, Birthdays, and Videos.

Off-Topic Board could have Random Stuff, something silly like Spamity Spaaaam, Forum Games, and Giveaways/Raffles.

The CG Gaming Section is fine though I would move Maps Area out of the Technical Section and into the Gaming Section. I would also add another board for games/servers that CG members get together and play outside of our own.(Dota 2, Gmod Tower, War Thunder, L4D2, PayDay, etc.). Several of these games have clans so why not have a Sanctioned CG clan in these games. We don't need servers to have a clan. This also encourages new people to join the forums, play on our servers, or even donate. General Gaming Talk can be used for things outside of other games CG is a group in.

CG Technical would have Suggestions, Programming, and Help Section/Customer Service. Free Giveaways isn't exactly Technical and would be better suited for the Main Page under the Off-Topic Board.

CG Admin would be Admin Applications, Admin Help, and Ban Request/Appeal.

I would suggest a Questionnaire or Interview kind of thing where we can ask other CG Members silly questions about things. It allows us to get to know others better even though we have never played with them in-game.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 07:35:34 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal