Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What change do YOU want for CG?  (Read 5912 times)

Offline Pillz

What change do YOU want for CG?
« on: November 17, 2013, 01:20:39 PM »
What's been on your mind that you feel needs the most immediate attention? Of course we have issues with server population and we're still working on CL things, but other than that what do you want to see different in CG?

This will be a serious thread that we will reference in meetings and if you feel weird about posting your idea publicly you can message me instead. Try not to argue about what others have said, and while you can +1 others opinions and agree for the sake of your own input but just make sure you aren't putting any ideas down.

We will try to discuss everything people suggest and more in our CL meetings, and then have community meetings shortly after where we let everyone know what we talked about and what's planned.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Leetgrain

Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

Re: What change do YOU want for CG?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 01:30:11 PM »

Offline Christovski

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 01:33:08 PM »
Bam

http://www.conjointgaming.com/forum/index.php?topic=10749.0

This.

And we want more communication from the CLs about what is happening, I mean we had no idea money was an issue until like 2 months before we were going to run out and then nothing was done with the above thread, and noone knew why or what was going on.

Either A. Make announcements after each CL meeting about what's going on,
or B. Get a Comms Officer who can be in charge of informing everyone ELSE who isn't a CL of what is going on.  Especially our regular members who aren't admins

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline AbkaFlab

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 01:41:34 PM »
Bam

http://www.conjointgaming.com/forum/index.php?topic=10749.0
B. Get a Comms Officer who can be in charge of informing everyone ELSE who isn't a CL of what is going on.  Especially our regular members who aren't admins

+1 to this as a non admin member

Offline Elixium

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 03:27:17 PM »
Hi x) How about a CS:Source or CS:Go server?

Offline Red

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 03:35:10 PM »
Obviously this can't happen yet (due to lack of monies) but what about upgrading some of the server boxes..? Might help with crashes on TTT and some of the hitbox issues for the servers in general..

+1 to Chris and Leet.
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 06:41:00 PM »
Obviously this can't happen yet (due to lack of monies) but what about upgrading some of the server boxes..? Might help with crashes on TTT and some of the hitbox issues for the servers in general..

+1 to Chris and Leet.

Its not due to hardware, since the TTT serverbox is completely seperate from the main server box. Those issues are due to latency to the datacenter. Hitbox's are your game attempting to compensate for the connection you have.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 07:56:48 PM »
More communication from CL's should be priority #1

Another thing I would like to see is inactive CL's, or CL's that use personal attacks against others be reprimanded and held accountable. Both were huge problems and they need to be squashed as soon as possible.

I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline oobla37

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 09:06:05 PM »
To be honest, I hate it when admin applications sit around collecting dust for a week before they get answered. We could be more efficient on our formal matters.

By kwuartz
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Muffins

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 12:24:32 AM »
Tbh i think its to late for that donation stuff in that thread, really the only server that is working for us right now is hidden. I say get rid of all the other servers like that no more room in hell game and NS since we dont really play them?

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 12:54:53 AM »
Name change.

One CL own the server. One CL own the paypal (with 2 having access.)  One CL own the forum.  That way it is not one's community, but all. Or, we can have a future WG moment, again.

Oh, and applying the forum rules across the board, well, not so much.  Not really applicable, and leads to confusion.  Besides, how do you necro posts in TTT?

And that is probably all I am going to suggest, I leave you to your stuff. It is not mine to do any more.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 04:02:20 AM »
Tbh i think its to late for that donation stuff in that thread, really the only server that is working for us right now is hidden. I say get rid of all the other servers like that no more room in hell game and NS since we dont really play them?

The NS2 server was taken down due to the fact that it was putting such a strain on the server box. It was one of the most popular servers when it was up.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 07:57:16 PM »
Quite a bunch of good ideas so far. I'ma throw Leet's suggestion in here too.

Okay, set a date, PM all CL's and find a suitable day WITHIN THE WEEK, remind them when the time is when it comes close to the day, any CL that isn't on at the time will have no input or be able to say anything until announcement has been posted.
This, this, 10000x this.

A schedule set a week or a few days before should be followed unless one of the CLs/HAs has a legitimate reason not to be there.

Just not showing up isn't acceptable, and if they either are late or they don't come at all, they should be filled in as to what already happened but have no input on the decisions.

If a CL can't make it to the meeting they should know that beforehand. We're going to try to organize it on days we know we're available and I imagine we'll set up the date for the next meeting at the current meeting we're having. If a CL is a no-show we'll have to move on without them if possible, and have a video/text review and a small CL meeting if necessary.

Ideally we will be having meetings once every two weeks, both CL and public. I'd like to structure the meetings so they're recordable for those who miss them. We should all take notes on what others say at the meetings, and ideally you'd already have a notepad.txt with a few ideas of your own. It would also help to have some ideas on what we're going to discuss so we don't all show up to the meeting with nothing to talk about.

Then whatever important conclusions we draw and cool ideas we're speculating can be regurgitated to the public in the public meeting shortly after.

I think a day like Wednesday works good for a gaming community, Wednesdays or Thursdays; it can jump from any day between Monday and Thursday. One of us or a "comms officer" could be in charge of what to do with the video of public meetings, putting it on youtube and in a thread on the forums and such.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 08:14:23 PM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline DBag

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 10:04:04 PM »
I saw an idea someone put out about giving donators perks or in game stuff. It wouldn't be a bad idea to give people incentive when donating
My message of love is carved into every bullet I shoot at you <3

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 11:28:22 PM »
^ That's something we should have implemented long ago.
It's been a floating idea ever since I was originally CL... It's definitely one of the topics I'm interested in getting discussed.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 11:28:22 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal