Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Three things (SSDK, GCFSCAPE, STEAM)  (Read 3011 times)

Offline Leetgrain

Three things (SSDK, GCFSCAPE, STEAM)
« on: October 08, 2013, 10:12:06 PM »

Help Request Subject:

#1 - Source SDK - I need help getting it even working again, it looks like it starts to load (Preparing to launch...) and then just closes, nothing else. And when it does work, I get an error message when trying to access or create any map (Error is: "Failed to load the default scheme file. The map views may be missing some visual elements"), and crashes right after. No bloody clue what's up with it. And just FYI, I am not going to do a total reinstall of it or source games, I have A LOT of work that I can't back up anymore or move, and I am not going to lose them.

#2 - GCFSCAPE - No idea what's up, but whenever I try to extract anything, pops up with this error, even with steam off: Error writing REDACTED (Error: Unexpected end of GCF stream (0 B of 39192 B). Has the GCF file been completely acquired?)

#3 - Steam - When I try to play Source games (any below L4D's engine), I get the error message: SteamStartup() failed: SteamStartup(0xf,0x0012EF64) failed with error 1: The registry is in use by another process, timeout expired . And I have no clue what to do, done quite a lot to try and stop it from doing it, nothing I've tried works - well, it works once every time steam is restarted, then continues to fail. I don't know if there actually is another registry in use, and I'd rather not mess around with the registry.

Importance level(low,medium,high): High, I need to get this sorted, was making a lot of things.

Steam related?: Yes
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline nucleartaco

Re: Three things (SSDK, GCFSCAPE, STEAM)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 10:32:16 PM »
As for the steam issue have you tried uninstalling its files. Not your game files (steamapps). Just delete everything but steamapps then use the installer to reinstall all the steam files.

I used to use GCFScape a lot and i know that sometimes after i would start a game it wouldn't let me use the GCF. Not sure how I got it to work, or if its even the same error.

I couldn't get my SourceSDK work after all the steampipe updates. I would get the same issue. Looking around and i found this Didn't try it so i have no clue if it works. Might help.

Quote from:  Old Crow
All i want is Nucleartaco's near mine.

Quote from:  Muffins
Muffins: You know i was looking at peoples sigs and i have never been quoted in one :(

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 10:32:16 PM »

Offline Christovski

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 10:37:18 PM »
#3 - Steam - When I try to play Source games (any below L4D's engine), I get the error message: SteamStartup() failed: SteamStartup(0xf,0x0012EF64) failed with error 1: The registry is in use by another process, timeout expired . And I have no clue what to do, done quite a lot to try and stop it from doing it, nothing I've tried works - well, it works once every time steam is restarted, then continues to fail. I don't know if there actually is another registry in use, and I'd rather not mess around with the registry.

Importance level(low,medium,high): High, I need to get this sorted, was making a lot of things.

Steam related?: Yes

I've had this problem for like a month I just have to restart steam each time to play ZM or ZPS, other games I don't have a problem.  It still sucks having to restart steam all the time :|

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 08:07:20 AM »
For the #3
Make sure all sourcegames are updated.

You need to manually add them again. Your source games are now located in your /steamdir/steamapps/common not your username anymore.

So manually add them just like you do with Gmod.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 08:07:20 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal