Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pokemon X/Y plans, what will YOU do? V2.  (Read 11953 times)

Offline Christovski

Pokemon X/Y plans, what will YOU do? V2.
« on: October 03, 2013, 07:28:21 PM »
So as we get closer and closer to the release (next Saturday) of Pokemon X and Y, how are people planning?  Starters, team, what you want to accomplish in the single player game.

Personally I'm going to start with Chespin and Charmander for the win (final evolutions look pretty sick, even if chespin's middle evo looks derp).  I'm getting Pokemon X myself, I like the looks of the few exclusives I've seen more than Y.

I'm debating forgoing the strategy I've used ever since the first game back in 1997 where I always have a team of Grass Fire Water Flying Electric Psychic, and instead maybe narrowing it down to a team of only 4 true fighters with one extra for HMs.

I say debating because I'm just gonna do whatever and might just say fuck it and play the way I always have!  I'm in it to have fun, not to be the very best like noone ever was.  :P

I DONT want this to be a big argument about online 'builds' and competition. 
Talking about who you have on your team is what I want, not online strategy and builds please.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Kwaurtz

Re: Pokemon X/Y plans, what will YOU do? V2.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 07:35:01 PM »
Why limit the discussion from competitive builds? Makes little sense.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 07:35:01 PM »

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 07:42:37 PM »
Quite Frog all day everyday.

Pokemon X/Y Spoilers be here!
Spoiler for Hidden:

Honestly, I'm going to be rocking QuiteFrog and Charmander as my starters. I haven't had a chance to hang with my classic buddy in years. So far I've stayed away from almost all forms of spoilers which is good for me.

So I have no idea who I'm going to take with me for the first playthrough. Though I know for a fact I'm going to pick a bird bro if there's one early on.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 07:48:03 PM »
Though I know for a fact I'm going to pick a bird bro if there's one early on.

Always gotta have a bird bro cause Fly and also TRADITION!

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline Billy

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 07:50:27 PM »
Today I learned the only way to play games is as casually as possible. Any attempts to even discuss competition in our lovely children's RPGs will be shot down.

With that said, my team will be nothing but prevolutions < lv 30. No HMs or TMs. Or EV training. No held items. They're not even named. And they're all female.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 07:55:09 PM »
No HMs

And on that, no cuts were given.

Offline Dante

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 08:16:40 PM »
Today I learned the only way to play games is as casually as possible. Any attempts to even discuss competition in our lovely children's RPGs will be shot down.

With that said, my team will be nothing but prevolutions < lv 30. No HMs or TMs. Or EV training. No held items. They're not even named. And they're all female.
Me too, because of that I will now use these pokemon:

Magikarp
Magikarp
Magikarp
Magikarp
Magikarp
Metapod
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 08:56:03 PM by Dante »

Offline Christovski

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 08:58:28 PM »
Metapod

Clearly Harden makes Metapod the MVP of your team. 

I'm hoping to add a water type and electric type to my Chespin and Charmander, and maybe a flying type for HMs, might need two random guys for HMs because there's always some that a guy can't use.

Offline Dante

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 09:00:53 PM »

And then the magikarp Splashed.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 09:04:26 AM »
OK dis B weird

So Tic is using Froakie / Charmander, Oobla is using Fennekin / Squirtle, Pillz is using Frokie / Bulbasaur, Dante doesn't care and I'm using Chespin / Charmander

I'm rather surprised that so far noone is using the same combination

Offline Dante

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 11:47:43 AM »
OK dis B weird

So Tic is using Froakie / Charmander, Oobla is using Fennekin / Squirtle, Pillz is using Frokie / Bulbasaur, Dante doesn't care and I'm using Chespin / Charmander

I'm rather surprised that so far noone is using the same combination
Honestly the only pokemon I want is Fenniken. I mean sure I will probably get the Psychic cat, but Gardevoir is still my favorite Psychic.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 11:52:36 AM »
I guess everyone was scared off by Chespin's next evolved form looking really DERP, as I'm the only one starting with Chespin. 

Chespins final evolution looks badass so I don't care about looking derp for 15 levels or so!

Offline Dante

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 12:03:25 PM »
I guess everyone was scared off by Chespin's next evolved form looking really DERP, as I'm the only one starting with Chespin. 

Chespins final evolution looks badass so I don't care about looking derp for 15 levels or so!
The only grass Type Pokemon I like are Breloom, Sceptile, Meganium, Surperiour and Shaymin.
I prefer Fire type unless the water pokemon has a cool design like Samurott and Empoleon.

Offline Napoleon BonaPARTY

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 12:59:23 PM »
I have a friend who runs dragons and I'm gonna kick his ass with some fairy type
ha ha I made a signature

Offline Christovski

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 01:04:01 PM »
I have a friend who runs dragons and I'm gonna kick his ass with some fairy type
Haha, nice!  Who are you picking for your 2 starters?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 01:04:01 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal