Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Invalid sample rate with custom sounds?  (Read 7019 times)

Offline M-Dawg

Invalid sample rate with custom sounds?
« on: September 07, 2013, 02:34:07 AM »
I know this is with another TTT server, but hear me out: I am not in any way advertising or trying to compete with you guys, I just request some help.

Copied + pasted from Steam discussions because mine keeps getting buried with the rest of the discussions...

Hello. I have an issue with custom sounds on my friend's TTT server. I edited some songs to use for ending music for the rounds, and uploaded them to the server's sound directory using FileZilla FTP client. However, when I tried to test them using "ulx playsound <filename>", they did not play and came up with an error saying, "Invalid sample rate (48000) for <filename>". I tried rerendering them at different bitrates, to no avail.

I used Sony Vegas to edit them and render them, and the project sample rate I used initially was obviously 48000 Hz. I rerendered them at 44100 Hz 16-bit, but they still came up with that same error message. I tried using Audacity instead, 44100 HZ 16-bit, same as the Vegas settings, but alas the same error message comes up. Am I doing something wrong? Is there an extra step I missed in order to get these working?

BTW, my friend edited and uploaded a bunch of custom sounds as well, and he tells me he uses the default settings for Audacity, yet they work perfectly. I don't understand.

And I am not a very sound-tech person, so if I am missing a silly thing, please forgive my ignorance.

Offline Inject OH 4

Re: Invalid sample rate with custom sounds?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 05:39:56 AM »
Audicity should be able to fix that.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 05:39:56 AM »

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 12:14:38 PM »
Like Inject said, Audacity can fix it, you can download it here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

Anyway, to help, start up audacity, open up the sound you need, and check the bottom left of Audacity, it should say "Project Rate", and have a dropdown bar with a large number (default 48000), change this to 44100 and save it, then export it as either .mp3 or .wav, and try again.

If it's not working, PM me and I'll try to help further.
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline M-Dawg

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 02:12:44 AM »
Thing is, I rerendered all of the sounds in Audacity at 44100 Hz and re-uploaded them, but the same error message pops up when I try to play the files, even though they are no loner at 48000 Hz. Does the server owner/my friend have to sync the server files first before or something?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 02:12:44 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal