Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pc crashes  (Read 2683 times)

Offline nucleartaco

Pc crashes
« on: August 26, 2013, 02:05:05 AM »
Help Request Subject: Pc crashes

Specific people needed to read this: People who understand why/how this problem occurs and how i could fix it

Summarize help request in one sentence: The PC crashes with a bsod (even though i never saw it pop up)

Additional Info: Here are all the dump files 3 files and labeled first second and last first being first crash

Specs: Don't make fun of it If you need another thing just tell me and ill get back as soon as I can.

For some reason it started up completely this time. Its happen on two brand new Pc's i got this month (both from the same company). I was changing my settings using TCPoptimizer (I just pressed the optimal button. Didn't touch ant settings myself) to see if i could lower my ping in some games. I had to reset my PC for the changes to occur so I did. I have reset my PC a few restore points back and still got the problem. It crashed either when it says "Welcome" or when it shows my desktop and programs are starting up.

Importance level(low,medium,high): As of right now Low since I just game but in a week I start school

Steam related?: Nope
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 06:38:21 AM by nucleartaco »

Quote from:  Old Crow
All i want is Nucleartaco's near mine.

Quote from:  Muffins
Muffins: You know i was looking at peoples sigs and i have never been quoted in one :(

Offline Kwaurtz

Re: Pc crashes
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 02:36:58 AM »
Their power supplies are notorious for dieing, I've been a victim of it before. When everything in your pc doesnt get enough power, it'll crash.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 02:36:58 AM »

Offline nucleartaco

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 02:53:54 AM »
I heard that too ,but I have only had it for maybe less than a week. Same with the other PC. Could it have died that quickly. I game almost all day and only turn it off when i go to bed

Muffins: You know i was looking at peoples sigs and i have never been quoted in one :(

Offline BladeTwinSwords

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 01:31:02 PM »
If you have only had it for a week then there is probably something faulty in the computer.

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 06:46:20 PM »
Their power supplies are notorious for dieing, I've been a victim of it before. When everything in your pc doesnt get enough power, it'll crash.

true dat, Ibuypower is the same thing. I had countless numbers of these PCs take a shit on the PSU. cuz all power supplies are not created equal. Some of them even bypass safety measures that are supposed to be there to protect you and your components.  Like instead of an inline fuse it is just a piece of wire bridging a connection.  trollface

I would also disable automatic retsart on system failure so that you can catch the actualy BSOD STOP ERROR CODE:

HOW DO?

Two ways I know of
First is to Hit F8 before the PC hits the windows logo Boot screen)
Brings you to the advanced boot options menu.
In here Disable Automatic Restart on system failure

Second way:
Click Start
    Right click Computer
                 properties
The System pane will open with the System information stuff like processor and RAM
On the left side click  Advanced System Settings
System Properties window will open up in the Advanced Tab
Under Startup and Recovery clock on Settings...
Startup and Recovery pane will open
Under System Failure in the middle uncheck the box that says Automatically Restart and click OK.
So when this option is enabled when the computer fails to start and has a Blue Screen it will actually sit at the screen until it dumps memory or until you restart it.

Instead of you being in a boot loop (That is what we call it when the PC just keeps trying to start and goes back to the bios screen and boots again and again)

Then grab that Stop Error Number it will be like Stop 0c000007B or something like that

The last few digits are the most important

Sometimes the damn thing will even tell you what caused the crash.

Like this one

Let us know,

Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline nucleartaco

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 01:32:27 AM »
Does the dump files not show that? I really hate risking the PC because school has started up, so not having it would be a pain if I needed to research on the internet or type up a paper.

I have not restarted it in awhile and it has not crashed so far. It seems to only do it when I start it up or restart it. Could the power supply be causing this? If so would a new better one be the best bet to stop this?

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 12:56:53 PM »
Does the dump files not show that? I really hate risking the PC because school has started up, so not having it would be a pain if I needed to research on the internet or type up a paper.

I have not restarted it in awhile and it has not crashed so far. It seems to only do it when I start it up or restart it. Could the power supply be causing this? If so would a new better one be the best bet to stop this?

Okay, I will take a look at these wen I get the chance. Of Course windows 8 has me installing something that should have been included with the damn OS, just to read a file that comes from an OS. -_-

Plus reading the Stop error while vague is very informative.
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline nucleartaco

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 08:25:51 AM »
Well it happened again today so here I am again. I looked for the auto restart and it was already unchecked

Edit: Ok I came home from school today to find it doing the same thing. I restarted from safe boot. Pressed f8 and repaired start up files. It worked but I think that something is still wrong with the pc. I think the 2nd or 3rd crash corrupted the start-up files.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 05:20:07 PM by nucleartaco »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 08:25:51 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal