Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: domain name site recommendations  (Read 2859 times)

Offline Burgers-13

domain name site recommendations
« on: August 16, 2013, 05:23:39 AM »
so i just started to take a intro to web design, our teach asked us to buy a domain name: he suggested "go daddy" for a site, but i was wondering if there is a site that offers free service or alot cheaper than 60$, it basically has to have a domain name and run a server. -.- if that makes sense.. so any recommendation would be nice.   :)

Offline Inject OH 4

Re: domain name site recommendations
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 06:11:06 AM »
so i just started to take a intro to web design, our teach asked us to buy a domain name: he suggested "go daddy" for a site, but i was wondering if there is a site that offers free service or alot cheaper than 60$, it basically has to have a domain name and run a server. -.- if that makes sense.. so any recommendation would be nice.   :)
All of that is wrong.

You use a coupon code. You get Godaddy 12 dollar domain for 7.

Hosting you can get for free.

Did he ask for a LEGIT DOT COM domain?

You can get a free sub domain from freewebs.com etc.

Not enough info for me to help you.
But if you tell me I can get you what you need. To the point where it's almost free.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 06:11:06 AM »

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 11:06:02 AM »
All of that is wrong.

You use a coupon code. You get Godaddy 12 dollar domain for 7.

Hosting you can get for free.

Did he ask for a LEGIT DOT COM domain?

You can get a free sub domain from freewebs.com etc.

Not enough info for me to help you.
But if you tell me I can get you what you need. To the point where it's almost free.

I hid the coke underneath the dumpster at KFC, I expect to get the other half of the money tomorrow.
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Burgers-13

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 03:02:36 PM »
well i just need to make a site for my class where i can post my work and stuff (like a portfolio). he just said i need to get a domain name and a sever. ( which is why he recommended go daddy). he didnt recommend any free sites since in past Exp students have been having trouble with it. we are going to be using Dreamweaver and flash < if that's important to add) also working with css. :/

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 08:43:46 PM »
Use this:
http://www.000webhost.com/order.php

They will host your site for free, you will just have an ugly subdomain, but that shouldn't matter if you're doing this for school.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 10:15:00 PM »
well i just need to make a site for my class where i can post my work and stuff (like a portfolio). he just said i need to get a domain name and a sever. ( which is why he recommended go daddy). he didnt recommend any free sites since in past Exp students have been having trouble with it. we are going to be using Dreamweaver and flash < if that's important to add) also working with css. :/
Well he didn't seem to specifiy if he wants you to have a REAL domain or not.

With godaddy a new domain will cost you 4 bucks.

Hosting is free with ads supported.
Done.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Burgers-13

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 06:10:16 AM »
okie dokey :) thanx for your help guys :)

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 06:23:43 AM »
okie dokey :) thanx for your help guys :)
I can give you a mutually beneficial coupon.

Offline Red

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 12:18:16 PM »
mu·tu·al·ism
n.
An association between organisms of two different species in which each member benefits.
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Burgers-13

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 03:12:57 AM »
no its okey inject ..  im just going to use go daddy >_> seems the other site was one of the site they used previously and gave the other students trouble.

but thanks for your guys help

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 03:12:57 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal