Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What perks or benefits should Donors get, as a "Thank you," from the Community?  (Read 20391 times)

Offline Tictactoe360

So, every excuse for a point shop is "It breaks the game D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D: LIKE OMG IT WOULD RUIN THE ENTIRE GAME!!!!" Yet not a single server I've ever played on with hats has ever had ANY of the problems you guys are saying it'll have.

Just my thoughts.

Almost every server that had a point shop on it had "Guns" as an option for purchasing which meant the people who were extremely good with one gun, never had to go searching as they could always buy it at the very beginning.

That's what breaks the game, hats do nothing.
When you have a guy who only uses the sniper and can head shot almost anyone at anytime being able to buy a sniper on maps that aren't supposed to even have one, that's when the game breaks.

Offline Blackllama

Please no point shops in ttt. There are almost no good ttt servers without point shops. I feel everybody should look the same in TTT, it works best that way. Not only that, but I don't like some of the players point shops often attract.

EDIT: It's not "game breaking", but saying it doesn't alter gameplay is simply not true.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 06:17:23 AM by Blackllama »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

Offline IsYn Wooley

Just beat me to it Abka

TTT should probably be left alone in regards to changing things in the game. The addition of special donor guns should only be skins, nothing more since having a special weapon would upset the balance between Traitors having access to more firepower then innos. I'd be for a Detective or Traitor weapon but nothing for innos. Same goes for skins on characters. I've seen it on other servers before and it just looks silly. The whole point as a T is to blend in when possible, not stick out. I'd be for custom commands, a special forum badge and some reserved slots but outside that not much else for TTT.
That why when you donate you get a cool VIP skin also can make an admin skin where it says admin on the back

Not on TTT, not at all ever xP
Why not? Maybe not the admin skin to give you away but the VIP one is cool

Fuck if you are going to put admin on my back...you might as well include this

With the words "Put Knife Here"

I like the reserved slot option. I also like the idea of added paint and hats in TF2.

Shit I was on a CSS server the other day and they had some people with fucking sailor scout skins.
Funny as shit.
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Ðeath.

For TTT, what about something for chatbox, the scoreboard, or even when the donators are dead? Just tossing ideas.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 07:46:54 PM by Ðeath. »

Offline Muffins

So what if you get knifed cause your an admin that just helps you catch those rdmers cause you are not alive and you can watch alive players better

Offline Leetgrain

So what if you get knifed cause your an admin that just helps you catch those rdmers cause you are not alive and you can watch alive players better

May be volunteering to admin on the server, but we'd also like to have fun while we're at it, so no.

I hope that was sarcastic.
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Kwaurtz

TTT: Reserved slots only - This game is so delicately balanced that its hard to even tweak the base guns to make it fair, let alone a slew of custom ones. Custom skins also make you easy to identify when using a disguiser etc.

Hidden: Customized features could be nice as could skins.

NS2: Theres a lot we could do with this server when it gets back up if ever.

TF2: Custom skins etc could be implemented.

In general, because donators are the one who are helping to ensure that the servers they love stay up and a float, they should have the guarantee to play on them whenever.

Offline Sejo Mino

I actually found the trail option quite an idea to have. It probably not the best to have on TTT but it is fun to use when playing ZPS and ZM. Also for ZPS and ZM they should have a custom color. These items have made servers pretty popular in the past. Also people complaining about a trail it would be easy to have a binded button to turn off and on a trail with the press of a button. Still trying to remember what made some of the TF2 servers popular.

Offline lilg0218

TTT: Reserved slots only - This game is so delicately balanced that its hard to even tweak the base guns to make it fair, let alone a slew of custom ones. Custom skins also make you easy to identify when using a disguiser etc.

Custom Crowbars ? Lightsabers, maybe some TF2 stuff, Lolly pop, Baseball bat?
#NOLO

Offline HerpDerpMike

(Not sure if you can already do this) Forum: But you have the option to change your name?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 12:15:36 PM by HerpDerpMike »

"YOU WERE RAPING ME YOU DESERVED THAT!" - Dbag

Offline Christovski

That would be a horrible game-breaker for TTT are you even serious?

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Sammy

My old ZP v1.0 clan did models... was hugely popular... but that would require all servers to use a model plugin.
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Offline Blackllama

Skins/trails are all awesome on everything but TTT, we should get those on the other servers. I think reserved slots are also good on everything.

Offline IsYn Wooley

Trails on hale would also not help the spy escape him lol.

I'M LOOKING AT YOU VARANOR!
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline lilg0218

That would be a horrible game-breaker for TTT are you even serious?

I assume you are talking to me. And my question is WHY THE HELL NOT?

Crowbars are rarely used and maybe this would be a little fun
#NOLO

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal