Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: egyptian pyramids smoothness ?  (Read 714 times)

Offline Wholegrain

egyptian pyramids smoothness ?
« on: July 21, 2010, 03:36:34 AM »
ok so one of my dumbass friends who i sware he thinks hes right all the fucking time and its annoying but yea he thinks the pyramids were made by aliens BECAUSE the technique to do it was lost over time and he said the blocks were so smooth (he even went on to say that even to this day they are down to the 10 decimeter accuracy straight after 100s,1000s of years of weathering which is bullshit) so can anyone pull up anything about how they made the blocks so smooth ?

also my friend believe in the new world order to the point he thinks an american led holocaust will take place using the us military and will kill everyone in the world cept for maybe 500 million using such shitty evidence

Offline vinnylord

Re: egyptian pyramids smoothness ?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 06:06:10 AM »

TIME FOR WIKI BITCHES

According to Redford, ancient Egyptian quarrying methods -- the processes for cutting and removing stone -- are still being studied. Scholars have found evidence that copper chisels were using for quarrying sandstone and limestone, for example, but harder stones such as granite and diorite would have required stronger materials, said Redford. Dolerite, a hard, black igneous rock, was used in the quarries of Aswan to remove granite.

During excavation, massive dolerite "pounders" were used to pulverize the stone around the edge of the granite block that needed to be extracted. According to Redford, 60 to 70 men would pound out the stone. At the bottom, they rammed wooden pegs into slots they had cut, and filled the slots with water. The pegs would expand, splitting the stone, and the block was then slid down onto a waiting boat.

PERHAPS THIS WILL HELP OHYEAH!
*blanc* WOOT WOOT

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 06:06:10 AM »

Offline vinnylord

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 04:46:20 PM »
so that was my job NOW LETS LOCK THIS TREAD LOLLOOOOLLL
*blanc* WOOT WOOT

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]