Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mouse issues  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Red

Mouse issues
« on: July 10, 2013, 07:01:21 PM »
Help Request Subject: Mouse movement help.

Specific people needed to read this: Anyone who can help, any suggestion that could help would be appreciated

Summarize help request in one sentence:Myself and several people I've met and played with (not all of them mind you) have had an issue where the mouse will randomly... pause then skip over a space then repeat; this causes a jerky effect that makes it very hard to aim or move smoothly.

Additional Info: I think I summed up the issue, most of the mouses are 2.0 (from what I've heard, but the computer mice in question are all supposedly in good condition) we also have them plugged into the right USB ports so that's no issue as far as I know... Suggestions?

Importance level(low,medium,high): Not too high, between low and medium.

Steam related?: Sorta, it's not as bad when I'm not playing a game, actually the only time I have this issue is when I am playing a steam game, which leads me to believe that it's steam related. I don't know if this is the same for the other people (the steam bit).
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Leninade

Re: Mouse issues
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 08:19:51 PM »
Corded or wireless mouse?

Wireless mice tend to do all sorts of freaky/annoying as hell things when their batteries start dying.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 08:19:51 PM »

Offline Christovski

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 08:29:46 PM »
How often does this happen, and how long are each pause/skip?

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Red

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 11:29:56 AM »
Corded or wireless mouse?

Wireless mice tend to do all sorts of freaky/annoying as hell things when their batteries start dying.
Currently I'm using my wireless mouse, though I've still had issues with my new wired mouse.

How often does this happen, and how long are each pause/skip?
I may have found a way to fix it although it's not the most desirable way to solve the issue, typically it will skip every half second to a full second of movement, whether it be up down, left or right, or in a circle. Strangely (for me, not sure about the others) it still follows the course that the mouse was told to take, the FPS for the game is always above 60 though so I don't think it's lag from that.

I fixed it by turning off pointer precision, it makes the mouse a bit more... wobbly? I don't know, it's just harder to move. I actually just typed it into google and here's the first page that I read. I think that I may have solved it, not sure yet
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=156685
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 11:54:12 AM »
Pointer precision I believe is a form of mouse accelleration.  I don't like any mouse acceleration so I turn that off. 

That could easily be the cause of the issue because it is essentially software altering how it interprets your mouse movements.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 11:54:12 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal