Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gmod Texture Glitch [Gray transparent boxes]  (Read 4403 times)

Offline HerpDerpMike

Gmod Texture Glitch [Gray transparent boxes]
« on: June 27, 2013, 12:29:55 AM »
Here is the format for any help requests, please follow:

Help Request Subject:

Specific people needed to read this: No one specifically

Summarize help request in one sentence: I need someone to help me fix these transparent boxes that show up on some walls.

Additional Info: I googled it, looked on other websites, ect. and found nothing.

Importance level(low,medium,high): Pretty high - Goes against the rule of having unfair advantages. This is almost like a wallhack if you ask me. I have no wallhacks on my computer though. :p
What does it look like?

Steam related?: This is related to Garry's Mod

"YOU WERE RAPING ME YOU DESERVED THAT!" - Dbag

Offline AbkaFlab

Re: Gmod Texture Glitch [Gray transparent boxes]
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 12:32:28 AM »
First off, has anyone else been having the problem or is it just you?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 12:32:28 AM »

Offline Tyber

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 12:33:05 AM »
MLG hax, how bout you try defragging files, re installing maps, and checking game cache?

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 12:33:22 AM »
First off, has anyone else been having the problem or is it just you?
I don't know. :/ I've asked some people and they said to update your CSS. I did that and tried deleting both gmod and css. It was still there.

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 12:35:48 AM »
MLG hax, how bout you try defragging files, re installing maps, and checking game cache?
I don't know how to defrag files or reinstall maps. :p

Offline AbkaFlab

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 01:03:38 AM »

If you go to the windows button on the bottom left of your screen type defrag in the search and open up the disk defragmenter. Then select the HDD gmod is downloaded on and defrag it. Assuming this is what tyber means by defragging. Btw im on windows 7 so it might be different if your on something else.

EDIT: to reinstall maps go to progam files>steam>steam apps>your steam account>garrysmod>garrysmod>maps>delete the maps
Once you go in game when you join the server it will automatically download the maps again.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 01:07:46 AM by AbkaFlab »

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 01:58:28 AM »

If you go to the windows button on the bottom left of your screen type defrag in the search and open up the disk defragmenter. Then select the HDD gmod is downloaded on and defrag it. Assuming this is what tyber means by defragging. Btw im on windows 7 so it might be different if your on something else.

EDIT: to reinstall maps go to progam files>steam>steam apps>your steam account>garrysmod>garrysmod>maps>delete the maps
Once you go in game when you join the server it will automatically download the maps again.
Abka, I really do appreciate your help - But Im so fucking tired right now I don't want to do all dat shiz.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 11:58:29 AM »

Abka, I really do appreciate your help - But Im so fucking tired right now I don't want to do all dat shiz.

Then why the hell did you ask for help?
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 12:13:16 PM »

Then why the hell did you ask for help?
I posted it 2 hours before I said that. I just got tired around that time.. >.> I'm trying everything now though.

Offline mjb627

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 01:11:55 PM »
I just noticed on the picture, that it says Nanners welcome in the chat xD

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 01:13:25 PM »
I just noticed on the picture, that it says Nanners welcome in the chat xD
I tried to not play CG as much as possible since it goes against the rules. :/

So yes, I joined a random server, and they welcome nanners.

Offline mjb627

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 02:12:18 PM »
Also, just a minute ago I was playing css_officeunlimited and from a distance, one of the soda machines on the ground turned grey transparent like in the photo. Then, when I moved closer it turned back to normal. Very weird...

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 05:31:49 PM »
Nvm, fixed it. I deleted my whole steam folder.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:35:19 PM by HerpDerpMike »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 05:31:49 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal