Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Do you even know what's MSG.  (Read 7812 times)

Offline Coreybush11

Re: Do you even know what's MSG.
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2012, 09:18:22 PM »
I weigh god damn 255 pounds at 5'6 at 15, I'm obese and there is no blame on the MSG on the food I eat, I just eat a metric fuck ton!

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2012, 09:20:45 PM »
Alright, I have no idea how old you are spellbound, or your friends, or how reliable your sources are, but this is something that is IN my career field. Mono Sodium Glutamate is a NON ESSENTAIL AMINO ACID WHICH OCCURS NATURALLY. MSG has also been used over 100 years in cooking. You ever eat natural soy sauce? CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE CONSUMING MSG. Kikkoman doesn't contain it because it is not a natural soy sauce, it is instead, brewed.

Monosodium glutamate (MSG) is one of several forms of glutamic acid found in foods, in large part because glutamic acid, being an amino acid, is pervasive in nature. Glutamic acid and its salts can be present in a wide variety of other additives, including hydrolyzed vegetable protein, autolyzed yeast, hydrolyzed yeast, yeast extract, soy extracts, and protein isolate, which must be labeled with these common and usual names.

Wanna know what the base protein for bread is? GLUTEN!!!!!!!

Gluten is the result of Glutenin and Gliadin combining with water to form Gluten, the strands that help make your bread rise but stay structurally sound.

The only health risks that MSG itself poses is that if you have Celiacs Disease, which is where you cannot intake ANY Glutamic Acid, you're gonna have a bad time, other wise, there are NO CONCLUSIVE STUDIES ASSOCIATING MSG WITH HEALTH RISKS.

MSG however can help with sodium intake because the more MSG that is present, the less salt is neccesary, which is great for people who have high blood pressure. The taste of low-salt foods improves with MSG even with a 30% salt reduction. The sodium content (in mass percent) of MSG is roughly 3 times lower (12%) than in sodium chloride (39%).

sources:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1984.tb13675.x/abstract;jsessionid=CF02C68771B2F0BEFD1C1C71BE96C020.d04t01
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/87559129809541157

MY FUCKING COLLEGE DEGREE

I guess you're the expert :D It's all a matter of consumption tough.
*DEAD* (TEAM) (=CG=) StormOfAshes: you can't even spell.
*DEAD* (TEAM) HamsterAtWar: bitch i can spell wright

"if you bother me with the steam cards again, I'll cut your nuts off and stuff them with rice and chesnuts like a christmas turkey :)" - Storm

It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a brand new .44 magnum, world's mot powerful handgun... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh - Storm ( Actually Clint Eastwood)

*DEAD* Lunar Xmascopter: I am going to have you banned! My Dad is a developer for Nintendo!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2012, 09:20:45 PM »

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2012, 09:23:29 PM »
Alright, I have no idea how old you are spellbound, or your friends, or how reliable your sources are, but this is something that is IN my career field. Mono Sodium Glutamate is a NON ESSENTAIL AMINO ACID WHICH OCCURS NATURALLY. MSG has also been used over 100 years in cooking. You ever eat natural soy sauce? CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE CONSUMING MSG. Kikkoman doesn't contain it because it is not a natural soy sauce, it is instead, brewed.

Monosodium glutamate (MSG) is one of several forms of glutamic acid found in foods, in large part because glutamic acid, being an amino acid, is pervasive in nature. Glutamic acid and its salts can be present in a wide variety of other additives, including hydrolyzed vegetable protein, autolyzed yeast, hydrolyzed yeast, yeast extract, soy extracts, and protein isolate, which must be labeled with these common and usual names.

Wanna know what the base protein for bread is? GLUTEN!!!!!!!

Gluten is the result of Glutenin and Gliadin combining with water to form Gluten, the strands that help make your bread rise but stay structurally sound.

The only health risks that MSG itself poses is that if you have Celiacs Disease, which is where you cannot intake ANY Glutamic Acid, you're gonna have a bad time, other wise, there are NO CONCLUSIVE STUDIES ASSOCIATING MSG WITH HEALTH RISKS.

MSG however can help with sodium intake because the more MSG that is present, the less salt is neccesary, which is great for people who have high blood pressure. The taste of low-salt foods improves with MSG even with a 30% salt reduction. The sodium content (in mass percent) of MSG is roughly 3 times lower (12%) than in sodium chloride (39%).

sources:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1984.tb13675.x/abstract;jsessionid=CF02C68771B2F0BEFD1C1C71BE96C020.d04t01
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/87559129809541157

MY FUCKING COLLEGE DEGREE

I guess you're the expert :D It's all a matter of consumption tough.

Thats like me saying multi vitamins are dangerous. Sure if I eat the fucking bottle in one sitting.

But there is an especially lethal chemical that you consume everyday called Dihydrogen Monoxide.

Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) is a colorless and odorless chemical compound, also referred to by some as Dihydrogen Oxide, Hydrogen Hydroxide, Hydronium Hydroxide, or simply Hydric acid. Its basis is the highly reactive hydroxyl radical, a species shown to mutate DNA, denature proteins, disrupt cell membranes, and chemically alter critical neurotransmitters. The atomic components of DHMO are found in a number of caustic, explosive and poisonous compounds such as Sulfuric Acid, Nitroglycerine and Ethyl Alcohol.

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 09:27:04 PM by Kwaurtz »

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2012, 09:26:16 PM »
I weigh god damn 255 pounds at 5'6 at 15, I'm obese and there is no blame on the MSG on the food I eat, I just eat a metric fuck ton!

Jesus , even I don't weigh that much. Like I said, most foods you eat that contain msg that lead to obesity, besides , I eat more than you but that I dont get fat from it because my body needs more food to function, you just more than you can and thats why you get fat from it. I only weigh 75 kgs and i'm 6 feet tall. I don't even know what you eat so what's the point of saying that if I don't know you're diet?

"if you bother me with the steam cards again, I'll cut your nuts off and stuff them with rice and chesnuts like a christmas turkey :)" - Storm

It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a brand new .44 magnum, world's mot powerful handgun... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh - Storm ( Actually Clint Eastwood)

*DEAD* Lunar Xmascopter: I am going to have you banned! My Dad is a developer for Nintendo!

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2012, 01:06:38 PM »

Jesus , even I don't weigh that much. Like I said, most foods you eat that contain msg that lead to obesity, besides , I eat more than you but that I dont get fat from it because my body needs more food to function, you just more than you can and thats why you get fat from it. I only weigh 75 kgs and i'm 6 feet tall. I don't even know what you eat so what's the point of saying that if I don't know you're diet?
And I weigh less then all of you. Big Woop.

I love Chinese food and consume tons of MSG. Am I fat? Brain damaged? Dieing of Cancer? Nope, nope, and uhh let me think.. nope.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Hair Slut

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2012, 02:07:09 PM »

I love Chinese food and consume tons of MSG. Am I fat? Brain damaged? Dieing of Cancer? Nope, nope, and uhh let me think.. nope.

might want to rethink that second one  trollface

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2012, 02:34:32 PM »

might want to rethink that second one  trollface
Yeah I walked into that one.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2012, 04:08:15 PM »

I'm 6'3, 18 and weigh 135, what do you weigh?

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2012, 05:14:23 PM »
I'm 6'3, 18 and weigh 135, what do you weigh?

I'm 6'7, 16 and weigh something (I haven't weighed myself in a LONG time, but I'm starting to get a little lazy and my belly's starting to get big ;n;)

Anyway, Isn't MSG supposed to be addictive? Don't exactly know the risks but in any case, anyone point me to something about it? Know people have posted here but still.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 05:17:36 PM by Leetgrain »
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Hair Slut

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2012, 06:26:18 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn27jQAuoWw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn27jQAuoWw</a>

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2012, 07:28:39 PM »

Still , each time I each da chinese food, i get a head hache, since they just spam the shit all over their meals.

SkiesAhoy

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2012, 10:44:55 PM »
Looking at my current eating habits and this thread, I would naturally conclude that I SHOULD BE FAT AS F***.

I weight 65 kg and measure 1 meter 75 centimeters.

Stop with the Imperial Units guise...

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2012, 10:49:11 PM »
Stop with the Imperial Units guise...
No.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2012, 11:15:15 PM »

Still , each time I each da chinese food, i get a head hache, since they just spam the shit all over their meals.

You quoted my quote. What does that do for you.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2012, 11:22:18 PM »
Salt and Sugar = Worst things ever, but they make everything tasty so we might as well use them as the base for every recipe. I think I've went on rants before in weed threads about how salt and sugar are probably more of an issue and harmful to the human race than drugs like marijuana; but anyway thanks for the history lesson on MSG oh so wise informant of the village people.

6'1 @ 203lbs since we're doing a weigh in here. I did weigh 212ish but after a week of tonsillitis and eating nothing cause it hurt so bad I lost a few poundy poos.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2012, 11:22:18 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal