Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Do you even know what's MSG.  (Read 7814 times)

Offline Coreybush11

Re: Do you even know what's MSG.
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 06:17:47 PM »
there is no proof the msg builds up in the body like it's lead.

I never said it builds up in you're body.If you consume a small amount of msg, small brain cells beging to die, these cells dont regenerate so if you consume msg on a longer period, the dead brain cells being to accumulate.

If it worked like that, EVERYONE IN AMERICAWORLD WOULD BE DEAD RIGHT NOW.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 06:27:06 PM by Coreybush11 »

Offline krolin

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 06:21:13 PM »
except it doesn't kill brain cells unless you consume massive amounts of it, if it did anyone that eat tomatoes and walnuts would be fucked because tomatoes and walnuts because they contain quite a bit of msg naturally.
Here have a list of foods with natural msg levels taken from the video in my previous post

glutamate content of foods (mg per 100g)

Makombu 3190
Nori 1378
roquefort cheese 1280
parmesan cheese 1200
oyster sauce 900
soy sauce 780
Green tea 668
walnuts 658
fresh tomato juice 260
grape juice 258
peas 200
mushrooms 180
broccoli 176
tomatoes 140
mushrooms 140
oysters 137
corn 130
potatoes 102
chicken 44
mackerel 36
beef 33
eggs 23
human milk 22
chicken egg 15 (46 yolk, 0.2 white)

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 06:21:13 PM »

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2012, 06:35:07 PM »

Spell Bound do some research of your own and not "my friend said".
Start here: http://jn.nutrition.org/content/130/4/1058.long

by Kwaurtz

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2012, 07:22:16 PM »
 MSG consumers die at a younger age and that is proven by scientific studies. No one will consume large quantities of msg, but you can always consume small quantities on a longuer period wich can affect you're health.
*DEAD* (TEAM) (=CG=) StormOfAshes: you can't even spell.
*DEAD* (TEAM) HamsterAtWar: bitch i can spell wright

"if you bother me with the steam cards again, I'll cut your nuts off and stuff them with rice and chesnuts like a christmas turkey :)" - Storm

It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a brand new .44 magnum, world's mot powerful handgun... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh - Storm ( Actually Clint Eastwood)

*DEAD* Lunar Xmascopter: I am going to have you banned! My Dad is a developer for Nintendo!

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, 07:50:25 PM »
MSG consumers die at a younger age and that is proven by scientific studies. No one will consume large quantities of msg, but you can always consume small quantities on a longuer period wich can affect you're health.
That is not a proven fact. State you sources, because I have never heard that in my life. I see zero evidence of this being the case and no one has proved this.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2012, 08:07:12 PM »
http://www.msgtruth.org/obesity.htm

MSG leads to obesity, obesity leads to hearth attack, shorter life span.

"if you bother me with the steam cards again, I'll cut your nuts off and stuff them with rice and chesnuts like a christmas turkey :)" - Storm

It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a brand new .44 magnum, world's mot powerful handgun... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh - Storm ( Actually Clint Eastwood)

*DEAD* Lunar Xmascopter: I am going to have you banned! My Dad is a developer for Nintendo!

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2012, 08:15:11 PM »

Di..Did you not watch the video above? Also this website has been talked about on many sites as being a very uncredible source for information. The study with the rats was not confirmed, their was mixed results and no study's on humans were able to prove this, also the used incredible amounts... you know what, just watch the video.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2012, 08:17:23 PM »

Di..Did you not watch the video above? Also this website has been talked about on many sites as being a very uncredible source for information. The study with the rats was not confirmed, their was mixed results and no study's on humans were able to prove this, also the used incredible amounts... you know what, just watch the video.

I did  see the video and I do agree with some parts of it. But I have some doubts regarding the health issues that Msg can lead to.

Offline Hair Slut

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2012, 08:27:11 PM »
Next he will be talking about how the fluoride in city tap water calcifies your pineal gland, stopping your telekenesis and allowing the government to control your thoughts to buy more Mc Donalds therefore giving the jews more money.

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2012, 08:40:16 PM »
Next he will be talking about how the fluoride in city tap water calcifies your pineal gland, stopping your telekenesis and allowing the government to control your thoughts to buy more Mc Donalds therefore giving the jews more money.

That's just irrelevant.

We're talking about Msg, you want to talk about fluoride conspiracies and money making?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 08:44:16 PM by (QC) Spell Bound »

Offline Innershea

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2012, 08:46:29 PM »
And MSG isn't irrelevant? its a non essential amino acid it is found naturally occurring in many plants, now i can see MSG being bad if it was synthetic like aspartame.

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2012, 09:00:53 PM »
quote from the health canada site:

(Monosodium glutamate (MSG) is the sodium salt of the naturally occurring amino acid, glutamic acid which makes up 10 to 25 % of all food protein, from both animal and vegetable sources. In addition to being an ingredient intentionally added to foods, glutamate occurs as a natural part of proteins, including vegetable and animal proteins. These proteins, when broken down (i.e.: by cooking) release free glutamate and are themselves used as ingredients in various prepared meat products, soups, broths and gravy mixes.)

The glutamate of MSG confers the same umami taste of glutamate from other foods, being chemically identical.

The MSG found in natural part of proteins is less concentrated  than the brans that sell MSG by itself. You can find more msg in a bag of doritos than the msg found in natural foods.

All this to say that people shouldn't buy junk food that contain MSG. Small substances that are found in chicken, tomatoes, meats, veggies aren't as harmful as they look. So it's all a question of what you're eating and how much. Now: 66 percent of  Americans are Overweight, 30 percent Americans are Obese. The mentality has changed, less people eat like they should. All those refrigerated foods, soups, canned foods, chips etc are part of their habits. Yes MSG cannot be that harmful in some cases, but think about it. Even the smallest amount eaten each day could have serious health issues in the future.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 09:04:25 PM by (QC) Spell Bound »

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2012, 09:07:00 PM »
quote from the health canada site:

(Monosodium glutamate (MSG) is the sodium salt of the naturally occurring amino acid, glutamic acid which makes up 10 to 25 % of all food protein, from both animal and vegetable sources. In addition to being an ingredient intentionally added to foods, glutamate occurs as a natural part of proteins, including vegetable and animal proteins. These proteins, when broken down (i.e.: by cooking) release free glutamate and are themselves used as ingredients in various prepared meat products, soups, broths and gravy mixes.)

The glutamate of MSG confers the same umami taste of glutamate from other foods, being chemically identical.

The MSG found in natural part of proteins is less concentrated  than the brans that sell MSG by itself. You can find more msg in a bag of doritos than the msg found in natural foods.

All this to say that people shouldn't buy junk food that contain MSG. Small substances that are found in chicken, tomatoes, meats, veggies aren't as harmful as they look. So it's all a question of what you're eating and how much. Now: 66 percent of  Americans are Overweight, 30 percent Americans are Obese. The mentality has changed, less people eat like they should. All those refrigerated foods, soups, canned foods, chips etc are part of their daily nutrition. Yes MSG cannot be that harmful in some cases, but think about it. Even the smallest amount eaten each day could have serious health issues in the future.

You should probably note that this isn't true. It's not less concentrated. Theirs just as much MSG in your cheese as they TINY amount added to a bag of chips. This quote says nothing about chips having more. Not even close to that. 

People are fat? So what? You can't blame MSG for that. We eat more because we can. Food is so readily available and cheap that is why people are fat. Obviously what we eat takes a small part of this as well but its more about HOW MUCH we eat. And no the smallest amount eaten each day COULD NOT have any serious health issues. They never said that. It only excites your nerves while it is there. We are talking about constant excited nerves on a constant bases with no time for repair.

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2012, 09:12:22 PM »
Msg causes alot of obesity : Read : http://rense.com/general64/msg.htm
Remember the rats being tested with msg? They suffered from obesity. It doesn't mean that you have all the food you want that you will end up eat it­. The large cases of obesity reported from msg use is still out there, along with  the rest of the package.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 09:15:25 PM by (QC) Spell Bound »

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2012, 09:15:07 PM »
Alright, I have no idea how old you are spellbound, or your friends, or how reliable your sources are, but this is something that is IN my career field. Mono Sodium Glutamate is a NON ESSENTAIL AMINO ACID WHICH OCCURS NATURALLY. MSG has also been used over 100 years in cooking. You ever eat natural soy sauce? CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE CONSUMING MSG. Kikkoman doesn't contain it because it is not a natural soy sauce, it is instead, brewed.

Monosodium glutamate (MSG) is one of several forms of glutamic acid found in foods, in large part because glutamic acid, being an amino acid, is pervasive in nature. Glutamic acid and its salts can be present in a wide variety of other additives, including hydrolyzed vegetable protein, autolyzed yeast, hydrolyzed yeast, yeast extract, soy extracts, and protein isolate, which must be labeled with these common and usual names.

Wanna know what the base protein for bread is? GLUTEN!!!!!!!

Gluten is the result of Glutenin and Gliadin combining with water to form Gluten, the strands that help make your bread rise but stay structurally sound.

The only health risks that MSG itself poses is that if you have Celiacs Disease, which is where you cannot intake ANY Glutamic Acid, you're gonna have a bad time, other wise, there are NO CONCLUSIVE STUDIES ASSOCIATING MSG WITH HEALTH RISKS.

MSG however can help with sodium intake because the more MSG that is present, the less salt is neccesary, which is great for people who have high blood pressure. The taste of low-salt foods improves with MSG even with a 30% salt reduction. The sodium content (in mass percent) of MSG is roughly 3 times lower (12%) than in sodium chloride (39%).

sources:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1984.tb13675.x/abstract;jsessionid=CF02C68771B2F0BEFD1C1C71BE96C020.d04t01
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/87559129809541157

MY FUCKING COLLEGE DEGREE

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2012, 09:15:07 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal