Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Do you even know what's MSG.  (Read 7813 times)

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

Do you even know what's MSG.
« on: November 25, 2012, 04:13:46 PM »
MSG ( Mono sodium Glutamate) Kills your brain piece by piece. It is an old chemical ingredient that was created by a Japanese Scientist. This type of salt is very dangerous and is found almost everywhere in dried foods, chips,molasses, types of sugar brands, canned soups, cup noodles, gourmet spices and more. What it does is simple, it gives us a better tasting  sensation wich stimulates the brain but has dangerous side effect that can lead to obesity, cancer and more.  This glutamic acid makes people very obese and disturbs you're brain cells, So next time you buy junk food, think again. Almost all asian restaurants, frenchises ( like kfc, mcdonalds) and other small buisness use this chemical.

PS: Doritoes have shitloads of this.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 04:18:21 PM by (QC) Spell Bound »
*DEAD* (TEAM) (=CG=) StormOfAshes: you can't even spell.
*DEAD* (TEAM) HamsterAtWar: bitch i can spell wright

"if you bother me with the steam cards again, I'll cut your nuts off and stuff them with rice and chesnuts like a christmas turkey :)" - Storm

It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a brand new .44 magnum, world's mot powerful handgun... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh - Storm ( Actually Clint Eastwood)

*DEAD* Lunar Xmascopter: I am going to have you banned! My Dad is a developer for Nintendo!

Offline Inject OH 4

Re: Do you even know what's MSG.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 04:22:52 PM »
Wrong. And yeah everyone knows what MSG is. McDonald's does not Add any MSG. It is however very commonly found in North American Chinese restaurants. It is in Doritos (if they are flavoured) some people get head achs from MSG. I can't speak for the American McDonalds but I can for the Canadian one.

Also MSG is a little over hyped as a DEMON DRUG at times. Granted I don't think anyone would call it a health food but you act as if all that fake sugar (Aspartame) is any better for you. It too is also very dangerous.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 04:22:52 PM »

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 04:31:45 PM »
Wrong. And yeah everyone knows what MSG is. McDonald's does not Add any MSG. It is however very commonly found in North American Chinese restaurants. It is in Doritos (if they are flavoured) some people get head achs from MSG. I can't speak for the American McDonalds but I can for the Canadian one.

Also MSG is a little over hyped as a DEMON DRUG at times. Granted I don't think anyone would call it a health food but you act as if all that fake sugar (Aspartame) is any better for you. It too is also very dangerous.

I'm not wrong about this subject, I asked many of my friends and they didn't have a clue. Plus, I don't use fake sugar because I know it's bad for you're health. I once drank diet coke back when I didn't know what aspartame was and I had heart burn. All i've been eating for 4 years is vegetables, meat and nothing artificial.  If you ask me, only a small percentage of people know what I'm talking about, of course if I had stated trans fat, then people would know, but this is not the case. At least it's good to know that you do care about you're health.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 04:34:18 PM by (QC) Spell Bound »

"if you bother me with the steam cards again, I'll cut your nuts off and stuff them with rice and chesnuts like a christmas turkey :)" - Storm

It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a brand new .44 magnum, world's mot powerful handgun... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh - Storm ( Actually Clint Eastwood)

*DEAD* Lunar Xmascopter: I am going to have you banned! My Dad is a developer for Nintendo!

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 04:44:58 PM »

I'm not wrong about this subject, I asked many of my friends and they didn't have a clue. Plus, I don't use fake sugar because I know it's bad for you're health. I once drank diet coke back when I didn't know what aspartame was and I had heart burn. All i've been eating for 4 years is vegetables, meat and nothing artificial.  If you ask me, only a small percentage of people know what I'm talking about, of course if I had stated trans fat, then people would know, but this is not the case. At least it's good to know that you do care about you're health.
I didn't say you were wrong and that MSG was healthy I said (although not really that dangerous)...
You are wrong, You said MSG was in McDonalds. It isn't. How old are your friends? It's pretty much common knowledge to know what MSG is these days. Not using it (fake sugar) is irrelevant, everything you buy has it in it.

Breath Mints
Carbonated Soft Drinks
Cereals
Chewing Gum
Flavored Syrups for Coffee
Flavored Water Products
Frozen Ice
Frozen Ice Cream Novelties
Fruit Spreads
Gelatin, Sugar Free
Hard Candies
Ice cream Toppings
Ice Creams, No Sugar Added or Sugar Free
Iced Tea, Powder
Iced Tea, Ready to Drink
Instant Cocoa Mix
Jams & Jellies
Juice Blends
Juice Drinks
Maple Syrups
Meal Replacements
Mousse
No Sugar Added Pies
Non-Carbonated Diet Soft drinks
Nutritional Bars
Powdered Soft Drinks
Protein Nutritional Drinks
Pudding
Soft Candy Chews
Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup
Sugar Free Cookies
Sugar Free Ketchup
Table Top Sweeteners
Vegetable Drinks
Yogurt, Drinkable
Yogurt, Fat Free
Yogurt, Sugar Free

They all have aspartame and MANY MANY MORE.
People can go a little overboard with this health stuff, if you want to get really in depth you'd be eating nothing. Sorry I can't afford to kill all my own cows and bake all my own food but I'd have to in order to avoid the millions of things that MIGHT kill me. I just think its crazy how over worked people become is all. Especially when aspartame is in way more stuff then MSG. Given that MSG is generally mainly for china na food. Although growing it's way out bit by bit.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 06:01:46 PM by Inject OH 4 »
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 05:04:59 PM »
I agree with you but I never said that you tought MSG was healthy, besides it's not the only substance that is dangerous for us. And I don't grow my own cows lol, even if that was a metaphore, I just buy it fresh without any growth hormones.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 05:13:03 PM »
I agree with you but I never said that you tought MSG was healthy, besides it's not the only substance that is dangerous for us. And I don't grow my own cows lol, even if that was a metaphore, I just buy it fresh without any growth hormones.
I was referring to cows as the common meat/beef. Buying fresh cow meat? You must have a farmers market near by, not everyone does. Its not possibly for everyone to get that kind of meat it's also oodles more expensive. And am I going to stop eating meat just because of that? Nope.

And ..."besides it's not the only substance that is dangerous for us." ...yeah I know that's what I was saying.

Offline krolin

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 05:24:55 PM »
This is hugely over hyped much like aspartame with the exception that msg is found in a lot of food naturally in quite high amounts.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLxxnk5MI74" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLxxnk5MI74</a>
 Watch this video by a guy named C0nc0rdance on youtube I've found him to be a reliable source of information.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 05:28:46 PM »
This is hugely over hyped much like aspartame with the exception that msg is found in a lot of food naturally in quite high amounts.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLxxnk5MI74" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLxxnk5MI74</a>
 Watch this video by a guy named C0nc0rdance on youtube I've found him to be a reliable source of information.
except aspartame isn't naturally occurring. And most people can agree is worse then actual granulated sugar.

But this about MSG I guess, so yeah.. . UP WITH MSG XD

EDIT:
It is an old chemical ingredient that was created by a Japanese Scientist.
Not a chemical created thing. It was discovered. Naturally occurring.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 05:30:44 PM by Inject OH 4 »

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 05:31:25 PM »

I believe MSG is a bigger problem here because its  everywhere in our foods, aspartame can be easily identified and a majority of people know its health risks.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 05:34:03 PM »
There are definetely more people who have heard of msg than aspartame. This is the first time I've heard of aspartame, however lots of products advertise their lack of msg.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 05:49:28 PM »

I believe MSG is a bigger problem here because its  everywhere in our foods, aspartame can be easily identified and a majority of people know its health risks.

MSG is not everywhere. And Like It's said it's even naturally occurring. Not to say that because it occurs naturally it must be safe, because that would be a bad assumption. However it's pretty safe to say based on many test that the levels of MSG needed to even potentially have adverse effects would be well beyond that of what is obtainable unless you were actually purposely consuming mass direct quantities of it.

There are definetely more people who have heard of msg than aspartame. This is the first time I've heard of aspartame, however lots of products advertise their lack of msg.
I would have to disagree, however I don't think it matters. Aspartame and other artificial sweeteners I'd say are far more dangerous then MSG could ever hope to be and are found in almost virtually everything, and it quite high dosages.

Other bad aspartame like sweating substances...
Stevia
Sucralose*
Saccharin
Cyclamate
Lead acetate
Mogrosides

* Is especially bad.

and... In all honesty High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 05:55:19 PM »
Then it's all a matter of awarness. Besides, even if the quantity you consume isn't enough to destroy you're brain cells, the consumers who use msg products can be hurt step by step if used throughout a long period.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 05:57:37 PM »
Then it's all a matter of awarness. Besides, even if the quantity you consume isn't enough to destroy you're brain cells, the consumers who use msg products can be hurt step by step if used throughout a long period.
What?

Offline krolin

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 05:59:12 PM »
there is no proof the msg builds up in the body like it's lead.

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 06:16:14 PM »
there is no proof the msg builds up in the body like it's lead.

I never said it builds up in you're body.If you consume a small amount of msg, small brain cells beging to die, these cells dont regenerate so if you consume msg on a longer period, the dead brain cells being to accumulate.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 09:13:00 PM by (QC) Spell Bound »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 06:16:14 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal