Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How do you feel about marriage?  (Read 6618 times)

Offline Coreybush11

Re: How do you feel about marriage?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 10:46:34 AM »
Also no Offence but coreys point is sort of stupid. So your saying if the government decides to adopt Jesus as their artificial President it's not religions ( poor I example I know) The government adopting something doesn't make it nonreligious tbh. A Civil Union would be the non religious version or term to me.

There should be a division between church and the state, but marriage isn't really the same thing as adopting a dead guy as the president.

People have been getting married (in their cultures own sense, might not always be the traditional sense) sense before Greek times.

I really wasn't trying to make the point that if the government adopts it then it stops being religious, I'm saying it SHOULD be.

Of course not everything can be used effectively by the government from religion, like throwing stones at rape victims if they were in a city. Marriage is different though, since it didn't originate with Christianity, Judaism, and Islam. Too many people defend it as a concept of religion when it isn't.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 11:41:07 AM by Coreybush11 »

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 11:16:55 AM »
Also no Offence but coreys point is sort of stupid. So your saying if the government decides to adopt Jesus as their artificial President it's not religions ( poor I example I know) The government adopting something doesn't make it nonreligious tbh. A Civil Union would be the non religious version or term to me.

There should be a division between church and the state, but marriage isn't really the same thing as adopting a dead guy as the president.

People have been getting married (in their cultures own sense, might not always be the traditional sense) sense before Greek times.

I really wasn't trying to make the point that if the government adopts it then it stops being religious, I'm saying it SHOULD be.

Of course not everything can be used effectively by the government from religion, like throwing stones at rape victims if they were in a city. Marriage is different though, since it didn't originate with Christianity, Judaism, and Islam. Too many people defend it as a concept of religion when it isn't.
I just feel the two could be separated and that if the government adopts something does not give them the right to then own it. You give the government to much power and credit. So I disagree
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 11:16:55 AM »

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 11:40:10 AM »
Honestly I really don't think you can have much of an opinion on the matter you are old enough to be married and is/was married. Marrage is a very complicated thing.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 11:43:22 AM »
Honestly I really don't think you can have much of an opinion on the matter you are old enough to be married and is/was married. Marrage is a very complicated thing.
Who? Me? Or everyone in CG?

Because your not of age doesn't mean you can't have an opinion of something (i'm 20 btw)

A long time ago you'd be married at 16... altho humans didn't live as long then either.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2012, 06:09:42 PM »

Because your not of age doesn't mean you can't have an opinion of something (i'm 20 btw)

A long time ago you'd be married at 16... altho humans didn't live as long then either.

Everyone in CG, especially people that are younger than 20. What I meant was that it's easy for someone to have a misinformed opinion on something because of what they are exposed to (divorced parents and media in general) and that opinion might change when they have seriously considered marrage and its applications.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Waffuls the Huntress

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 06:26:40 PM »
I think marriage is such a silly idea; seeing how bastardized it's become. To me, it's just a title, and doesn't mean anything else. I would be happy if I had someone, but never married them, because I don't need a license or a piece of paper to tell me that I'm with the person I love.

When people marry and end up divorcing, it's just an issue. Legally, and with possession halving as well. That phrase "it's cheaper to keep her," I've been told several times by my parents, and because of it I think it is silly to marry at all. I don't want to have to deal with the stress of losing a partner on top of all of the lawyers, fees, negative opinions.. I rather it just be "here, you take this, I'll take that. Get the fuck out." Not months of struggle with legal crap for something I think should be absolutely private.

That's just how I feel on marriage. Just like, if you're going to date someone, do it for the long-run. If you're going to be with someone, why do you need something to say that you're together? It's just a title, a way to show off your ends (fancy weddings/expensive dress), and, to me, a cry for attention (oh, you're getting married?) and means nothing else.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2012, 08:17:04 PM »

Everyone in CG, especially people that are younger than 20. What I meant was that it's easy for someone to have a misinformed opinion on something because of what they are exposed to (divorced parents and media in general) and that opinion might change when they have seriously considered marrage and its applications.
Ohh I think I understand. So, we wouldn't want Cadaver getting married too young would we?  trollface
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 08:41:29 PM by Inject OH 4 »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2012, 08:21:52 PM »
Too*  Meme9
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2012, 11:49:01 AM »

I just feel the two could be separated and that if the government adopts something does not give them the right to then own it. You give the government to much power and credit. So I disagree

What corey is talking about is separation of church and state and in America its subject to debate due to the misinformation that we are a Christian Nation. So what he is saying is Marriage as a religious practice and as a legal binding of two people shouldn't influence one another.

As for my opinion on marriage, I don't really have one. Although I do disagree with how socially standard it is here in the US.

Offline Andredem

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2012, 12:04:52 PM »
Eh, marriage may seem traditional or silly but as far as I see it it is the official way to show that you are going to have a successful family. Especially from an Orthodox Christain's point of view. The way God wanted us to be is marry, then have kids.

But that's why the divorce rate is higher than 50%. People can't be loyal anymore, and with all the drugs, alcohol, and religious debates in society it is constantly screwing up relationships.

Old Crow has his head set on straight. And what Waffuls said is true, you don't have to be married to someone just to show that your with your love. However, once an in unmarried couple have lasted and loved each other for their entire lifetime, come back to me.

Even if it's a dying tradition I plan on doing it as my parents, and their parents, my aunt and uncles, etc.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 12:10:42 PM by Andredem »
"Get busy livin' or get busy dying"

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 12:30:11 PM »
My Latin teacher literally told us he got married because of the tax benefits.

I believe him.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2012, 04:27:16 PM »
Eh, marriage may seem traditional or silly but as far as I see it it is the official way to show that you are going to have a successful family. Especially from an Orthodox Christain's point of view. The way God wanted us to be is marry, then have kids.

But that's why the divorce rate is higher than 50%. People can't be loyal anymore, and with all the drugs, alcohol, and religious debates in society it is constantly screwing up relationships.

Old Crow has his head set on straight. And what Waffuls said is true, you don't have to be married to someone just to show that your with your love. However, once an in unmarried couple have lasted and loved each other for their entire lifetime, come back to me.

Even if it's a dying tradition I plan on doing it as my parents, and their parents, my aunt and uncles, etc.
Religious debates, drugs and alcohol are what's causing divorce... O.o
That's a new one.

Also you reason for planing to marry is sort of poor. You are saying you will marry because your parents did, and your parents parents etc... So way back you parents had black slaves and before that etc. So by that logic you should get your self a nice slave. Mmmmm White Power /joking

I'm not going to marry because my parents did. "ITS MAIN STREAM SO I MUST"... no, I'm going to marry because "I" want to. And that's all it should be, your own personal choice, not another persons.

Seriously tho, I have nothing against religion but when people use it as an excuse for things without any logical backing besides religion for their reason they just sound ignorant and stupid.

The reason most relationships end from what I see is because of lack of communication. But meh.

Anyways I hope you don't think I was insulting you. I wasn't.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 04:35:06 PM by Inject OH 4 »

Offline Sammy

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2012, 06:42:53 PM »
Have we learnt NOTHING from the previous thread of topics round this area? Few of us here have the maturity to talk without bitching at each other... it's always going to happen.
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Offline Andredem

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2012, 07:41:04 PM »
Could be a small percentage for divorce Inject.  :P And your right, if I do marry I'll choose to. But it seems inherited to do so. Now the real choice is who I'm going to marry and when it's the right time... Hmm

No insult taken but I realize it's kind of impossible to put up a cure to a debate... Hey, it's a debate. It's un-curable!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 07:43:05 PM by Andredem »
"Get busy livin' or get busy dying"

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2012, 07:44:53 PM »
Could be a small percentage for divorce Inject. And your right, if I do marry I'll choose to. But it seems inherited to do so. Now the real choice is who I'm going to marry and when it's the right time... Hmm

No insult taken but I realize it's king of impossible to put up a cure to a debate... Hey, it's a debate. It's un-curable!
Just make sure it's what YOU want to do and not anybody else.

And yeah make sure your REALLY know your significant other before even thinking about marriage (don't marry early and contribute to the divorce rates). Although from what I've scene It seems to USUALLY be the males fault as to a relationship failure. I'm aware a  lot of people may disagree with that, which is fine.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2012, 07:44:53 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal