Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Religion Thread  (Read 41733 times)

Offline chalupa-pie

Re: Religion Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2010, 11:18:38 PM »
Truthfully, I've had no idea what I have been talking about this hole time, when I see a topic about religion I turn into a idiot, religion is not my best subject in, actually its my worst subject, I was going to type something that would make me look like a bigger dumb ass but I saw it coming, I'm getting better at doing that, ^^.
I have everything chalupa said saved to my hard drive for later lulz.
I do too, this conversation is possible internet gold, you never know ^^.
I'm avoiding this thread from now on... and try to get better sleep.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 11:25:00 PM by chalupa-pie »

Offline juke60xxx

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2010, 11:26:54 PM »
'at a boy

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2010, 11:26:54 PM »

Offline chalupa-pie

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2010, 11:40:29 PM »

like my poster? Last and final post on this thread

Offline Priest

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2010, 11:44:30 PM »
W h a t    t h e    F u c k

Come on. I said I had just finished reading the entire Hitchikers Guide series. And it seemed relevant. LOL

Skieski

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2010, 12:02:22 AM »
W h a t    t h e    F u c k

Come on. I said I had just finished reading the entire Hitchikers Guide series. And it seemed relevant. LOL

I was actually referring to Chalupa´s post. When he deleted it, it seemed like I was staring jaw open at your post lol
I loved the Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy quote xD

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2010, 12:12:46 AM »
. If someone told me they believed a giant shoe created the world, I would tell them their ideals are fucking stupid. Just in case they didn't know.

WTF PILLZ BRO THIS IS NOT KEWL THIS IS AGAINST MY RELIGION
OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

which has some history about pirates and shit
anyways they tried to argue their ways into teaching their religion in school and the whole thing is a giant prank basically that has tricked followers into believing and i think it goes to show ppl can be easily manipulated

Offline Pillz

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2010, 01:20:44 AM »
It's just as believable as scientology imo.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Priest

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2010, 01:33:12 AM »
Dude i love scientology. It's hilarious. Their creation story and their Original Sin story always crack me up. Atom bombs exploding in volcanoes. Aliens riding around the galaxy in 747 jets. And alien parasites living inside your soul. Lol. If Michael Bay directed a movie based off this, I'd go see it.

Offline MattKirby

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2010, 12:43:08 AM »
Here's my general "fuck you" post, where I just spew out my ideals and opinion on the topic completely irrelevant as to where the conversation is because the thread is tl;dr.

There has not been a single thing on this fucking planet that has killed more people than Religion. Religion is for people who can't rely on themselves and thusly have to believe that some higher power will make everything better. There is nothing beyond this as there was nothing before this. Shit just happened to go right in an odd sense. You should make the most of the time you have here and just fuck all the guidelines that religion puts forth and the enemies it makes from the fanatics.
By the pricking of my thumbs. Something wicked, this way comes.

Offline Priest

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2010, 01:53:15 AM »
You may want to check out the whole Bubonic Plague thing. Or the smallpox pandemic in South America. Or the Spanish Flu in the early 1900s. All of these combined killed close to a quarter billion.

Religion has killed maybe a few million.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 06:30:51 PM by Priest »

Offline juke60xxx

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2010, 02:36:39 PM »
Here's my general "fuck you" post, where I just spew out my ideals and opinion on the topic completely irrelevant as to where the conversation is because the thread is tl;dr.

There has not been a single thing on this fucking planet that has killed more people than Religion. Religion is for people who can't rely on themselves and thusly have to believe that some higher power will make everything better. There is nothing beyond this as there was nothing before this. Shit just happened to go right in an odd sense. You should make the most of the time you have here and just fuck all the guidelines that religion puts forth and the enemies it makes from the fanatics.

I'm glad this merely opinion and no facts. Pathologically religion has been known to do both generic good then bad throughout history. It's a simple minded attitude to attribute every natural disaster and occurrence on religion itself. People who base this argumentative excuse, generally are projecting their own undermined depravity for themselves.

Things didn't just spawn into existence and never did, matter is conserved last time i checked. Religion provides the moral fabric for societies needs without them people would be animals.

Speaking in this manner even if they are atheist is rather disturbing, since there is no actual meaningfulness to their words at all. Sorry its just unnecessary :(

Skieski

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2010, 04:20:17 PM »
Religion provides the moral fabric for societies needs without them people would be animals.

I digress. Yes, religion provided men with most of the morals with which society's exist. However, I believe that men would have created them without religion too. We are social creatures, its only natural that we would develop an intricate moral system to sustain a social environment.

Offline juke60xxx

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2010, 07:08:44 PM »
We weren't always a social species, i should say it aided mankind became a more moral society.

Skieski

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2010, 07:47:30 PM »
We weren't always a social species, i should say it aided mankind became a more moral society.

How so?

Even as primates we joined together in packs...

Offline juke60xxx

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2010, 08:29:42 PM »
Men didn't create all religions some were inspired by other means. Men neglected the any morals in first place so how can they miraculously create them?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2010, 08:29:42 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal