Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Yo, We Need Transparency.  (Read 7865 times)

Offline UnknownError

Yo, We Need Transparency.
« on: September 06, 2013, 07:37:52 PM »
Woke up this morning, looked at forums real quick. Saw that I didn't have admin on the site and became really confused. No warnings, nothing.

Fast forward about 10 hrs, (I had after school stuff) I come back to see my adminship returned. No messages telling me what happened with the mishap or what not.

Now considering with what happened with ZM and all the crap, which almost tore CG apart. I think we need to discuss the borders of transparency within the community. No offense to any of the CLs, but there is just a cloud of mystery to what they truly do behind the curtains. We need stuff to be cleared up for us to function properly.

TL;DR

We need a question box or something, that will close the gap between the CLs, Admins, and the players.

Edit: It's fine with the whole admin badge thing. I think the bigger problem is changing how CG functions.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 01:46:36 AM by UnknownError »
"DONT JUST WHIP IT OUT"-All of Haiti
"my nipples are hard" - Mrs.TheNurse (MeOwMoO)
"Guztav: How dare you leave me, you beuitiful individual full of love"
"Time to eat 8 tacos" - BladeTwinSwords
"How about I send your buttcheeks to Tybers "magic stick" - Linkster
"+1, seems like a guy who doesn't abuse power, etc."- Death
"He betta wrap dat sheet, ho. Don't want no baby unknowns runnin round" - Oobla
"YOU WANT SOME MORE CRACKERS" - Nexus

Best on TTT: 12 Kills, 8 Headshots

Offline crovv

Re: Yo, We Need Transparency.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 07:42:08 PM »
TL;DR

We need a question box or something, that will close the gap between the CLs, Admins, and the players.

Yeah, the behind the scenes doesn't seem really open to anyone that isn't the CLs/HAs. More transparency will help trust go up and drama go down.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 07:42:08 PM »

Offline Christovski

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 07:54:22 PM »
I am so fed up with the secretive way things are done around here, its just like politics sometimes!

I also don't think we should be required to go anywhere but the forums to talk to CLs, every time I ask why PMs seldom get responses I get told "Message them on steam or Vent (or TS) you'll never hear back from a PM."

Well why not?  If they're a community leader, why aren't they on the COMMUNITY FORUMS?  It's just as easy as replying to an email, even if the response is "I got your message but I don't have time to deal with it"

/rant
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:01:25 PM by Christovski »

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Christovski

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 07:58:39 PM »
Tictac's internet is fucked up at his house and steam works but internet does not so I'm posting this for him:

5:57 PM - Greeve: Tell them Tictac doesn't like that shit either, when I pm someone I expect at least some form of response within some reasonable amount of time, even if it's them telling me to fuck off.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline whenbananasattack

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 09:05:15 PM »
I'm all for more transparency. Unless we're all in some secret government project that only the CL's know about, there isn't much need for keeping secrets in a gaming community.

Offline UnknownError

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 09:44:21 PM »
Just something that popped into my head, we could have some guy to go between the CL's and the rest of the community. That's not a preferable option as I think we should have a direct connection to the CL/HA most of the time.

Edit: Just to show people that I'm not BS. Although I didn't take a screen of it when it was red, because I had school.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 09:50:55 PM by UnknownError »

Offline Billy

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 09:51:02 PM »
We should be able to just talk to HAs and CLs like they're normal fucking people, and not the Illuminati. How about that? That so hard?
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 10:04:54 PM »
We should be able to just talk to HAs and CLs like they're normal fucking people, and not the Illuminati. How about that? That so hard?
Apparently yes.

EDIT: Unknown, have you ever considered that they might've accidentally removed your admin and not realized? My admin was removed earlier today, it could very easily have been an accident while doing so.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:09:29 PM by Blackllama »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 10:13:06 PM »
It was probably an accident, especially if it was returned. I dont see why that calls for more transparency..

CGs always been less of a community and more of a clan, since the beginning when wholegrain and gang would discuss things privately and make decisions without the community.

That's just how things are, and most of the time the community is addressed first but nothings really changed.

We could use some more CLs but its up to the CLs to make new ones but I doubt they see any proper candidates. I can imagine one or two capable CG people but that's bout it.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline UnknownError

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 10:24:01 PM »
I had guessed that it was an error on their part, and probably not intentional. However, I was never told after what had occurred. I have yet to receive a PM or something telling me an apology or something along those lines. Is a possible explanation too much to ask ? Apparently yes it is.

I get the fact that the CL have their own personal lives to attend to. That's fine with me. But, I see a lack of responsiveness too. We don't know everything with that ZM crisis, so it would be nice to know what happened there. Especially because it has caused a lot of tension within the community, and so many people have requested that information became public.

Heck look how frequent Announcements are in the community.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 10:27:18 PM »
I had guessed that it was an error on their part, and probably not intentional. However, I was never told after what had occurred. I have yet to receive a PM or something telling me an apology or something along those lines. Is a possible explanation too much to ask ? Apparently yes it is.

I get the fact that the CL have their own personal lives to attend to. That's fine with me. But, I see a lack of responsiveness too. We don't know everything with that ZM crisis, so it would be nice to know what happened there. Especially because it has caused a lot of tension within the community, and so many people have requested that information became public.

And when otter resigned he brought up a bunch of stuff that Old Crow said that "We'll discuss this later" and it's been a week and silence.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 10:38:34 PM »

Did you PM them asking for an explanation or are you just expecting them to? If they wanted to remove your admin they would've done it. I doubt they're flipping the switch to fuck with you. It was a minor inconvenience for a little while earlier today, not a big deal.

Anyway, what do you want them to do to make it transparent? Public admin office? There are so many reasons that would be a terrible idea. If you want information from a CL, you're going to have to make an active effort to talk to them. Whether or not they respond is one thing, but I don't see how you could make all of their communications "transparent" the things they want to say will be said, everything else won't.

Offline Billy

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 10:58:07 PM »
Anyway, what do you want them to do to make it transparent? Public admin office? There are so many reasons that would be a terrible idea.

Look at every single thread ever. I'm just now realizing this kinda, but..

Like 75% of this forum's population is admins. The admin office is practically already public. Shieeet.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 11:09:43 PM »
I'm not saying everything should be fully public, but I mean, do we have any idea what the CLs do, how they do it, why they do it?

I mean really, do we know who controls what?  For all we know one person controls everything and could pull the plug if they felt like it, that happened once before.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 11:31:21 PM »
Anyway, what do you want them to do to make it transparent? Public admin office? There are so many reasons that would be a terrible idea.

Look at every single thread ever. I'm just now realizing this kinda, but..

Like 75% of this forum's population is admins. The admin office is practically already public. Shieeet.

I would bet it's more like 90-95% if you count people who were admins and resigned. Not many join cuz they just wanna hang out.

Everyone who does we treat like their posting for admin and everyone cunts them out and they leave. Some stay around but we ostracize people for being stupid or different and that keeps a lot of people from posting. They may register or lurk but they don't want to join in for some reason.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 11:31:21 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal