Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: [Suggestions 3.0] Trouble in Terrorist Town  (Read 23678 times)

Offline NeoHatake

Re: [Suggestions 3.0] Trouble in Terrorist Town
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2013, 08:42:24 PM »
What type of suggestion?: Donator "title" feature.
What does it do?: I'm pretty sure I saw this before, possibly in this thread or another. But I think it would be really cool and give people a lot more incentive to donate if donators got a special title of their choosing.
Why should it be added?: I've seen it on other servers and I think donators would enjoy the special recognition, and give others incentive to do so as well.
Link to download/addon: Not sure how this is done.

Ðeath.

« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2013, 04:23:37 PM »
What type of suggestion?: Feature.
What does it do?: Add a Point Shop.
Why should it be added?: For this to not receive the general criticism of "It's game breaking", this will need to go in depth.

I was thinking there were several things that could be done to make this work. First off, make it work with your score. If the costs of the point shop is of medium size, i.e. Some things costing roughly 1000 or 2500 points about, I believe it could attract some people, as I believe 1000-2500 points is *not* too hard to receive, you can check gametracker to see how many points our top 100 have, even. They have in the ten thousands.

Things that could be added with the point shop:

Colored Smoke Grenades

I believe having a color wheel is ideal for having freedom of choice, but adding roughly 9-18 pre-set colors as a requirement to unlock, would add length to this.
For example, spending 1,000 points to unlock ONE of the following colors:
Black
White
Red
Blue
Teal
Green
Yellow
Beige
Pink
Orange
Perhaps Rainbow.
 -After each of these colors were unlocked, the color wheel could be purchased for an additional 2,500 or perhaps 5,000-10,000 points.

Note: The only downside I've heard so far from people is "You can say 'KOS the person with the ____ smoke'."

HUDs

This may be a stretch (in fact, in my honest opinion, it is,) but perhaps a points shop to buy HUD's as well? At most, change the colors of everything on their HUD, ranging from the colors of  "Innocent" "Detective" and "Traitor" to the health bar and ammo counter.

Prop Possession Boosts

Either something that doubles/triples the rate or cap of the Prop Possesion. Abusing Props is already a rule-breaking offense; those who would spend time on the server to achieve this boost, and abuse it, would probably have already abused being a prop in the past.

Some things that could be done for donations, is make a seperate 'points' system from the actual points tracked via gametracker and received in the game, and give it a new title. Doing so will make this idea possible:
Make donations "levels" that will retain a permanent 'status' on the server:
Those who donate $10 - Receive extra 'points' when their team wins. Has one extra vote for the !votemap feature.
Those who donate $25 - Receive much more extra 'points' than the $10 donators if their team wins, two extra votes for the !votemap feature, and possibly an extra vote(or three, even.) for the regular end-of-map voting.

If this does happen, and score and 'points' are seperate, then this could be added as well:
$1-2 donations for a heap of points.

Note: I believe that there could be some other features added to TTT that could run well for donators, not just these few. However, these are some ideas that could encourage donations for now.

I believe in short, this could bring in some new traffic and keep them here, and more than likely, increase donations to the server. Plus, it would make everyone be able to have ambitions and goals in TTT other than just killing the last traitor/innocent.

Edit: The main idea of this whole point shop being brought up was based on the video that M-Dawg showed us. (2:05 for the smoke grenade idea.)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbH5ujE-GfA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbH5ujE-GfA</a>

Showing that several of these things can in fact be implemented.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 04:33:47 PM by Ðeath. »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2013, 04:23:37 PM »

Offline Phoenix

« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2013, 01:06:56 PM »
-snip-

so you are saying a pointshop for Cosmetic features on weapons?

maybe a pointshop for "upgrades" on weapons, like enhanced scope or "heat detecting" scope(1 round only, only Traitor).

cause me like the idea

and my parrot also does  parrot
why use an Signature when i have got anime?

Offline Famous Anus

« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2013, 03:51:32 AM »
What type of suggestion?: Map
What does it do?:ttt_rapture_v3
Why should it be added?: It's a nice themed map that isn't exactly common, so I think it might add a bit of flavor in between mas like canyon, 67th, island, etc.
Link to download/addon: It's on the Steam workshop here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=127235658

What type of suggestion?: Weapon

What does it do?: Pain Station

Why should it be added?: Unlike other T weapons that are mostly used in direct conflict with innos, the Pain Station is a fun little gadget for people who may prefer a stealthier, more trap-based playstyle. It hurts people who use it instead of healing them, and looks exactly like a Detective's health station.

Link: I couldn't find one, but I remember it being on the server.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2013, 11:27:22 AM »
What type of suggestion?: Map
What does it do?:ttt_rapture_v3
Why should it be added?: It's a nice themed map that isn't exactly common, so I think it might add a bit of flavor in between mas like canyon, 67th, island, etc.
Link to download/addon: It's on the Steam workshop here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=127235658

What type of suggestion?: Weapon

What does it do?: Pain Station

Why should it be added?: Unlike other T weapons that are mostly used in direct conflict with innos, the Pain Station is a fun little gadget for people who may prefer a stealthier, more trap-based playstyle. It hurts people who use it instead of healing them, and looks exactly like a Detective's health station.

Link: I couldn't find one, but I remember it being on the server.

I'll take a look at the map. As for the painstation, I looked at the SWEP we had for it a few months ago and it was pretty broken. Towersheep might be able to get it to work, if he wants to take a look at it.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Sniper no Sniping

« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2013, 02:23:55 AM »
What type of suggestion?: Donator Weapon Pick

What does it do?: Instead of the donator weapons being added as a separate T weapon, you now switch the knife box from either the Knife, Zombie Infector, or the Melon Launcher. Once you buy one, you can not buy the others that round. You can switch what you buy by using a small button in the corner of the weapon box.

Why should it be added?: It still gives the Donators unique weapons while still keeping the limit to insta-kill weapons to a minimum so that T's don't get Overpowered. Each weapon will have their own downsides too so that the other may be more appealing to different situations. The Knife requires melee range, the Melon Launcher is 2 shots that both insta-kill but have minor fall-off and a long reload time. The Zombie gun is a 1 shot weapon that can still miss.

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2013, 03:04:38 AM »

What does it do?: Instead of the donator weapons being added as a separate T weapon, you now switch the knife box from either the Knife, Zombie Infector, or the Melon Launcher. Once you buy one, you can not buy the others that round. You can switch what you buy by using a small button in the corner of the weapon box.

Why should it be added?: It still gives the Donators unique weapons while still keeping the limit to insta-kill weapons to a minimum so that T's don't get Overpowered. Each weapon will have their own downsides too so that the other may be more appealing to different situations. The Knife requires melee range, the Melon Launcher is 2 shots that both insta-kill but have minor fall-off and a long reload time. The Zombie gun is a 1 shot weapon that can still miss.

I know, I know, HA doesn't want comments, but THIS is what we should have and THIS is how we should have it!
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2013, 07:50:57 PM »

I know, I know, HA doesn't want comments, but THIS is what we should have and THIS is how we should have it!

It should be, but unless you write a script for me that can do that it won't be.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Tendovvi

« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2014, 12:27:34 PM »
What type of suggestion?: Feature (TTT #2)
What does it do?: Allows everyone to bunnyhop without slipping mid-air
Why should it be added?: Since it's more like a fun server, this would add more fun to it
Link to download/addon: No need to download anything, just set sv_airaccelerate to stay at 100
TGOD
Doll023: ur from finland? thats in ireland right?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Blazyd: why do you accept random friend invites from fans you've never met
Blazyd: Your friends list is packed
Blazyd: packed as hillary clintons ass

Offline Milkman007

« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2014, 09:44:20 PM »
What type of suggestion?: weaponish
What does it do?: makes holding a discombobulater propel you forward
Why should it be added?: Makes bunnyhopping fun, wasn't on the pointshop server idky, don't know how to make it work either

"Black Dynamite"

Offline Nathan

« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2014, 01:25:47 AM »
What type of suggestion?: Maps
What does it do?: It's two maps.
Why should it be added?: Both are incredibly fun masp, and we can never seem to find them in a server, but me and a few of my friends who go on the server daily really love the server and would like to play these maps on it.
Link to download/addon: http://gmod.gamebanana.com/maps/174203
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=116048
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 01:32:46 AM by Nathan »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2014, 01:25:47 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal