Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shotgun tips?  (Read 4519 times)

Offline Stormer

Re: Shotgun tips?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 03:26:43 PM »
Dont use it one far range, and if its close range aim for the head. If its not too far and not too close, its possible with auto shotgun. If its close, use pump. I wont repeat the use other guns, as u asked for tips. Make sure to keep full ammo, Stay with a deagle or pistol for backup. Try to use as less shots as possible, because many gunfire can make u suspicious. One shot will make most people think its missclick.

Offline artixloktar

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2012, 06:09:57 PM »
   Do not engage in really close gunfights. The shotgun in my opinion is more of a medium ranged head shot weapon. It's spread is very small so if you and your target are b hoping and very very close, the only way to get a hit off is to get lucky. Stay at a medium range and keep aim on there head because it will take like 3-4 shots to kill someone at that range. That's all i really have to say, I don't use the shotgun i use the huge. trollface

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2012, 06:09:57 PM »

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 07:04:10 PM »
Tip 1: Use it on narrow hallways.
Tip 2: Aim for the shoulders not the head
Tip 3: Shoot them from the side... seems to work better

by Kwaurtz

Offline arth987

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2012, 07:15:57 PM »
Step 1. Don't use the shotgun
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 08:22:21 PM by arth987 »

Ðeath.

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2012, 08:14:25 PM »
If you're a gambling man, THEN you take the shotgun. Stick to Pistol + M16 for everyday use, Deagle/Rifle if you're skilled/precise/Tendovvi, and Shotgun..if you're lucky. Oh right, you can try and pray and spray with the M249 Huge too. :D
You seem to have forgotten the weapon of the gods.  The galil.  And the mp5, the galil's little sister.  Both weapons are much more powerful then the m16.
Oh, I remembered them. Just wanted to keep that a secret. hehe. M16 is good with silencer though, or have you forgotten about that?

Step 1. Don't use the shotgun unless you are good with it

Offline Sniper no Sniping

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 01:15:19 AM »
I hate the stupid Frenchy, i can't use it well but every other detective can...

Offline ๖ۣۜNexus

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2012, 01:54:52 AM »
Whenever I get a shotgun, I always take a deagle, or any 100% accurate special-slot weapon if I'm traitor/detective, as well. Shotguns work a lot better in some maps than in other maps, it all depends on how quick-witted you are, especially since you're better off killing people covertly in TTT.
Shotguns should mainly be used when you're SURE your target will die after the attack. If your target manages to run too far away (5+ yards) after the first encounter, the shotgun's pretty much useless. That's when the deagle or whatever else comes in handy, but don't count too much on it.

However, TTT is a game of improvisation and luck. And don't forget that the shitboxes play a very important role (unfortune-fucking-ately. Kinda sucks that stupid glitches can alter 30% of the game, but that's why you gotta think on your toes.)

What do you mean by I'm "Better off killing people covertly"?

Founder and leader of:
Seal Team 6
Army of 2
Task Force

Offline JohnCyKlopZ

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2012, 03:20:00 AM »
Whenever I get a shotgun, I always take a deagle, or any 100% accurate special-slot weapon if I'm traitor/detective, as well. Shotguns work a lot better in some maps than in other maps, it all depends on how quick-witted you are, especially since you're better off killing people covertly in TTT.
Shotguns should mainly be used when you're SURE your target will die after the attack. If your target manages to run too far away (5+ yards) after the first encounter, the shotgun's pretty much useless. That's when the deagle or whatever else comes in handy, but don't count too much on it.

However, TTT is a game of improvisation and luck. And don't forget that the shitboxes play a very important role (unfortune-fucking-ately. Kinda sucks that stupid glitches can alter 30% of the game, but that's why you gotta think on your toes.)

When you're a traitor.
??Mystery??: i think my bladder hates me
Klutonec: y
??Mystery??: everytime i go to take a piss
??Mystery??: and i think im done
??Mystery??: so i stick my stick back in my pants
??Mystery??: AND THAT HO LIKE NUH UH MR. E
??Mystery??: I AINT DONE YET
??Mystery??: and supports the rest of the village
??Mystery??: with water

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2012, 04:06:43 PM »

When you're a traitor.

What he means is that the shotgun is a loud weapon...Therefore when you are a traitor use a weapon that won't be heard across the map.

Also my tip for the shotgun is NEVER count on a single hit kill especially when you are directly behind a player and aiming at his neck. It almost never works due to shitboxes.

I always roll shotgun, I just prefer to be a badass like that -_-  I wish it was like the css shotgun where you can just jump while firing and get sick head shots...it's not though :(
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline JohnCyKlopZ

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2012, 05:10:14 PM »
Just aim for the head, idk what anyone else here is talking about.

I always use a deagle and shotgun, both kill in headshots, makes life super easy.

I hope you're still talking about TTT. parrot

Offline Pillz

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2012, 10:33:39 PM »
Just aim for the head, idk what anyone else here is talking about.

I always use a deagle and shotgun, both kill in headshots, makes life super easy.

I hope you're still talking about TTT. parrot

Also my tip for the shotgun is NEVER count on a single hit kill especially when you are directly behind a player and aiming at his neck. It almost never works due to shitboxes.

Whenever I played TTT I mostly always used deagle and shotgun. Both feel like the Magnum and Remmy from ZPS; so I get insane headshots with both and have little problems with accuracy. The Frenchy is my best friend as detective and I rarely ever had problems 1-shotting people with it. It almost felt overpowered how quick it killed people. If you're a traitor the loudness can be a good thing sometimes, people will come out of the open to come investigate where they heard the noise, offering you another kill or two.

Shitboxes rarely were an issue, but sometimes I did try pointblank shots and it only wounded them. I never try point blank headshots with shotties anymore because it seems more effective to just go for the chest/shoulders like tower said.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline arth987

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2012, 10:39:54 PM »
Shotty hit them in the head and its a one hit kill without shitty hitboxes. There Klutonic  Meme9
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 12:06:49 AM by arth987 »

Offline JohnCyKlopZ

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2012, 11:52:24 PM »
THE ONLY GOOD WEAPON IS SCOUT AND OR A VINTAR AND OR FRENCHY AND OR GLOCK AND OR DEAGLE. THE END

This ain't the off topic board.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]