Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Question on using Macros to bhop  (Read 19903 times)

Offline Dante

Re: Question on using Macros to bhop
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2013, 01:43:23 PM »
So what you're basically saying is scripts are allowed.
How do you prove someone is Scripting and not just skilled?
@Wellrgr Does it really mater? It has the same effect as if he was able to do it with spacebar or Mouse wheel down.
Especialy since as tower pointed out, Bhoping can be removed or made nearly impossible.

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2013, 01:56:14 PM »

No, no... it's... no...
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2013, 01:56:14 PM »

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2013, 04:13:30 PM »
@Wellrgr Does it really mater? It has the same effect as if he was able to do it with spacebar or Mouse wheel down.
Especialy since as tower pointed out, Bhoping can be removed or made nearly impossible.

The same way you tell apart an aimbotter and a good aimer. Very obvious, each jump is consistent. I can show you on css, some servers have auto-bhop plugins and Ill show you my bhop vs. the auto bhop.

"YOU WERE RAPING ME YOU DESERVED THAT!" - Dbag

Offline Dante

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2013, 04:52:26 PM »

The same way you tell apart an aimbotter and a good aimer. Very obvious, each jump is consistent. I can show you on css, some servers have auto-bhop plugins and Ill show you my bhop vs. the auto bhop.
No you can't use the same process. Aimbotter will have snapping movements or no Recoil. A Script coded correctly can look like someone who knows what they are doing. Especially if, they actually do know what they are doing and use the script to make it less demanding on themselves.

Now on topic:

But bottom line, how does this effect gameplay? How does this give someone a sure fired confirmed advantage over someone using the normal method of Bhoping?

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2013, 05:24:37 PM »

No you can't use the same process. Aimbotter will have snapping movements or no Recoil. A Script coded correctly can look like someone who knows what they are doing. Especially if, they actually do know what they are doing and use the script to make it less demanding on themselves.

Now on topic:

But bottom line, how does this effect gameplay? How does this give someone a sure fired confirmed advantage over someone using the normal method of Bhoping?

Doesn't affect gameplay unless someone's aiming at their bloody toes, and there is no advantage except from less demand, and easier to do other things while scripting it.
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Dante

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2013, 05:29:40 PM »

Now on topic:

Doesn't affect gameplay unless someone's aiming at their bloody toes, and there is no advantage except from less demand, and easier to do other things while scripting it.
The OP is using a Macro though. No mater what he still has to move correctly.

Offline RalphORama

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2013, 08:34:09 PM »
Wow this sure caused a shitstorm. I guess I'll just do what Inject said and bind via console instead of Synapse since everyone's goin' nuts over it

Also
Not really, GMod added Scriptenforcer in either 12 or 13, which basically prevents the use of client-side LUA scripting. To use scripts, you'd need a bypasser, and those work through injection - punishable by a Garry/VAC ban.
My keyboard uses macros, which aren't a result of scripting, but rather driver input/output. I can do the exact same thing in console without it getting picked up by scriptenforcer, because it's engine-based, not LUA scripting. I have the same thing to auto-build items with hotkeys in DOTA 2, and I haven't been VAC'd yet.

[on HerpDerp's beautiful laugh]
IAMBOT<try.hard>: i'm fapping to you
IAMBOT<try.hard>: really really hard
IAMBOT<try.hard>: i am cumming ontop of my keyboard

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2013, 02:57:23 PM »
Wait, so is a g key from logitech a script that is running on the gmod.exe file?
So bannable?

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2013, 04:11:48 PM »
Wait, so is a g key from logitech a script that is running on the gmod.exe file?
So bannable?

No. Scripting is using a lua that manipulates the console directly, but in order to use such on our server you would need a script bypasser to inject an apihook into Garry's mod. Macro's, which is setting up a series of commands on your keyboard from drivers etc. are perfectly fine.

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2013, 07:50:26 AM »
Ok just wanted to make it clear.

And by the API you mean the custom syntaxes from Gmod?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2013, 07:50:26 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal