Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Question on using Macros to bhop  (Read 19902 times)

Offline Tictactoe360

Re: Question on using Macros to bhop
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2013, 08:41:56 PM »
Still, some terrible shot person might find it even harder now to kill people if they're all bhoppin'.
The best target to practice on is a moving target.

Well if they're moving at a proper speed and not at a speed that can almost rival speed hacks at some points, then I say it's perfect target practice.

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 09:08:36 PM »
Still, some terrible shot person might find it even harder now to kill people if they're all bhoppin'.
The best target to practice on is a moving target.

Well if they're moving at a proper speed and not at a speed that can almost rival speed hacks at some points, then I say it's perfect target practice.

Bhopping at max speed that Ive reached is only 300, regular running speed is about 220. You honestly dont go that much faster.

"YOU WERE RAPING ME YOU DESERVED THAT!" - Dbag

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 09:08:36 PM »

Offline symbolzzzz

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 09:54:32 PM »
Friends please, nowhere in the rules is bhopping stated as being a punishable offense so please stop talking about weather or not it provides and advantage to someone and stick to the topic.
Topic being "Is bhopping by using keyboard macros against the rules or not?" the topic ISN'T "Is bhopping against the rules?"
I need a new sig...

Offline Dante

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 11:48:58 PM »

Bhopping at max speed that Ive reached is only 300, regular running speed is about 220. You honestly dont go that much faster.

That is because you are not good enough! 

@symbolzzzz, i think kwuartz already answered it:
Scripting and cheating are two different things. Scripts are manipulations of the servers variables via either a console command execution, or SQL injection directly into the game. What this program does is record your movements and allow you to play them. Its a common software on most 'gaming' keyboards, and is used quite often in CS:GO and CS:S. If it were truly a problem with the engine and valve saw it that way, they would have removed it years ago. Bhopping is not something that can get your source banned, using macros or otherwise, thus it is not really cheating. Servers can set the variables like Tower did in the past to counter bhopping if they wish, but in no way is this 'cheating'.

@edit: @Kwaurtz: I would say that aiming is a feature of the game and that using a program/script that aims for you is cheating, i know bunny hopping is a thing that you can do manually, but using a program/scripting that does it for you IS cheating...
Aimbots and BHOP Scripts are 2 completely different things.

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2013, 02:22:29 AM »
I left something out of the other post because I'm silly and was watching TV and typing.

I meant to say,

I solved the bhop problem by changing server variables to disable it, too often did I see people going way to fast and made them too hard to chase.

I forgot to say: Since Bhopping is possible in the server, macros should be allowed. If you want no bhopping you can disable it. This still requires him to press the key occasionally (or just hold it down) which is no different than spamming mouse wheel down when that is bound to jump (the way many bhoppers do it). This just changes the button he uses to a more comfortable (same as rebinding a key).

by Kwaurtz

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2013, 05:17:33 AM »

That is because you are not good enough! 

@symbolzzzz, i think kwuartz already answered it:
Scripting and cheating are two different things. Scripts are manipulations of the servers variables via either a console command execution, or SQL injection directly into the game. What this program does is record your movements and allow you to play them. Its a common software on most 'gaming' keyboards, and is used quite often in CS:GO and CS:S. If it were truly a problem with the engine and valve saw it that way, they would have removed it years ago. Bhopping is not something that can get your source banned, using macros or otherwise, thus it is not really cheating. Servers can set the variables like Tower did in the past to counter bhopping if they wish, but in no way is this 'cheating'.

@edit: @Kwaurtz: I would say that aiming is a feature of the game and that using a program/script that aims for you is cheating, i know bunny hopping is a thing that you can do manually, but using a program/scripting that does it for you IS cheating...

Scripting =/= Macros. I have six keys on my keyboard I can bind series of button inputs to, to make a macro, IE, what OP is doing. Scripting is done by using a program that mainpulates directly into the console. What OP is doing is merely using the default functionality of his keyboard. By the logic of most people in this thread we should ban anyone with a keyboa

Offline oobla37

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2013, 07:10:37 AM »
Kwuartz and TS bring up good points. I see nothing wrong with a keyboard macro to do something as nearly pointless as bunny hopping. Regardless, a macro is essentially a bind. You can make input binds in the source console, and subsequently use said binds on the server. Macro is not hacking.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2013, 09:00:41 AM »
I totally agree that macros are not hacking, however let me explain what a script is:

A script is essentially an auto bhop, pressing down the spacebar will make you jump as fast as possible.

Now how he set up the macros exactly the same; my point is if this is allowed, then so should scripts in general.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2013, 10:42:44 AM »
If garry wanted console scripts etc banned he'd have done it in the first place. Fact is it's an element of the game.

bind alis bhop "+jump;+jump;+jump;+jump;+jump;"
bind j bhop

Done. All in source console. Can't prove, can't ban. It's legit.

This is a no ban no issue situation.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Christovski

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2013, 11:52:50 AM »
You heard it from Inject folks, I guess we should all bhop constantly on the TTT server

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2013, 12:57:29 PM »
You heard it from Inject folks, I guess we should all bhop constantly on the TTT server
Despite the fact that you can remove that with what tower said.

So if Bhoping is an issue then toss it over to the HA.

It's not like binding space on off on off to a key makes bhoping as easy as  123. It still involves correct mouse movement to flow the hops correctly. So I doubt if we'll be seeing a full server bhoping any time soon.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2013, 01:08:12 PM »
Still. Should it be punishable yes or no?

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2013, 01:11:51 PM »
Well like it's said above. No, there's no rule against it, and it doesn't help in any way to begin with. So it shouldn't be against the rules.
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2013, 01:21:55 PM »
If garry wanted console scripts etc banned he'd have done it in the first place. Fact is it's an element of the game.

bind alis bhop "+jump;+jump;+jump;+jump;+jump;"
bind j bhop

Done. All in source console. Can't prove, can't ban. It's legit.

This is a no ban no issue situation.
But the screenshot shows a program... not a console
The concept remains the same.

The program fyi came with his keyboard as a similar one did with mine. It was part of the drivers.
They retain no difference in productivity with the application and the in game console binding. Thus seeing the two as different is irrelevant.

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2013, 01:31:13 PM »
So what you're basically saying is scripts are allowed.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2013, 01:31:13 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal