Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How is Unknown Ghosting ?  (Read 3175 times)

Offline UnknownError

How is Unknown Ghosting ?
« on: September 04, 2013, 11:29:18 PM »
Apparently what I do on the TTT server with my better friends is considered ghosting.

Okay, in some of my T rounds, I ask my best buds on the server what T weapon they want. This pertains to just Rogue, and Taco. I've been playing with them for months and outside of TTT. I do this simply for entertainment factor, and not to purposely troll the server. Their reactions are pretty priceless. Sometimes, they don't shoot back. I see no reason they should, or I have to act as a "conventional" traitor. If the rules have to dictate that much of how an individual wants to play the game, then TTT is not right for me.

*Ghosting: Ghosting, sometimes refered to as metagaming, is the act of informing ALIVE players who the traitors are as a traitor. This includes telling the admins through admin chat.

So by definition am I ghosting ? Why should my friends and I be punished ?
"DONT JUST WHIP IT OUT"-All of Haiti
"my nipples are hard" - Mrs.TheNurse (MeOwMoO)
"Guztav: How dare you leave me, you beuitiful individual full of love"
"Time to eat 8 tacos" - BladeTwinSwords
"How about I send your buttcheeks to Tybers "magic stick" - Linkster
"+1, seems like a guy who doesn't abuse power, etc."- Death
"He betta wrap dat sheet, ho. Don't want no baby unknowns runnin round" - Oobla
"YOU WANT SOME MORE CRACKERS" - Nexus

Best on TTT: 12 Kills, 8 Headshots

Offline forumguy69

Re: How is Unknown Ghosting ?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 11:39:38 PM »
I've done the same things with some regs and I gotta say it does feel like ghosting. Traitor and innocent working together. But I'm not using it for harm to RDM any traitors or innocent just for a little fun.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 11:39:38 PM »

Offline crovv

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 11:41:39 PM »
I've heard Nexus call it as ghosting before, when he caught someone else doing it. You know he's the T, and not killing him though you know he's the T is considered ghosting (or vice versa).

Offline Billy

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 11:42:44 PM »
I don't see that as ghosting; no. Technically, they can't even prove you're a traitor just because you happen to have a traitor wep. Even if it is one they asked for, that you just so conveniently had..

It's not like you're calling any of your T-buddies out. And calling yourself out isn't ghosting either. Giving friends t weps is just silly.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline UnknownError

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 11:43:35 PM »
Most of the time, they simply say "unknown gave me the knife" followed by a server side KOS on me. They don't lie about where they got the T weapon.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 11:45:19 PM »
Most of the time, they simply say "unknown gave me the knife" followed by a server side KOS on me. They don't lie about where they got the T weapon.

It still is ghosting and ruining the potential round for the rest of your t-buddies. They are gimped because of you.

Offline UnknownError

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 11:50:52 PM »

It still is ghosting and ruining the potential round for the rest of your t-buddies. They are gimped because of you.

I see no correlation between ghosting and ruining a T victory. I'm playing TTT my own way. I'm not using another form of communication. I do not know what the rules are for quoting something out of admin office but, it is on topic.

Since when is that considered ghosting? Its not using an external source to your advantage, which is what ghosting is, it is trolling and intentionally causing a fellow traitor to die without evidence, leading it to be rdm.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 11:54:01 PM »

I see no correlation between ghosting and ruining a T victory. I'm playing TTT my own way. I'm not using another form of communication. I do not know what the rules are for quoting something out of admin office but, it is on topic.

Since when is that considered ghosting? Its not using an external source to your advantage, which is what ghosting is, it is trolling and intentionally causing a fellow traitor to die without evidence, leading it to be rdm.

Thats for a different context and is for calling out other T's as the T, which is different. I'm not saying what you are doing is punishable, but you are gimping the T's by shortening their numbers.

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 11:59:49 PM »
I would just not do it if I were you, at least until Cortez rules on this.

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 12:02:42 AM »
While it does gimp the team, it is not ghosting. It is not ghosting to announce yourself. So long as he is the only one outed by this it is not ghosting. (My vote)

by Kwaurtz

Offline Billy

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 12:08:44 AM »
While it does gimp the team, it is not ghosting. It is not ghosting to announce yourself. So long as he is the only one outed by this it is not ghosting. (My vote)
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline UnknownError

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 12:09:44 AM »
Now that I look back on it, yeah that quote is slightly out of context.

My main point still stands, threatening long time regulars with something as severe as a ghosting charge for this is unfounded. I would like to add for people whom don't know, Ghosting entails a permanent ban.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 12:20:20 AM »
I'm confused, are you asking them if they want a weapon outside of game or in game chat? If it is in game chat, you are calling yourself out (or T-baiting) and they can shoot you. If it is outside of game, you are telling specific people you are a T giving them an edge against other players which is ghosting.

EDIT: I didn't read closely enough. So, if there's no out of game communication, you are simply goofing around and being a bit of a dick to your T buddies. Not any rules broken as far as I can see.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 12:22:28 AM by Blackllama »

Offline oobla37

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 12:54:09 AM »
"hey guys, I'm a t" =/= ghosting.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2013, 04:59:26 AM »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2013, 04:59:26 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal