Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dying Light (Aka: Dead Island 2)  (Read 2170 times)

Ðeath.

Dying Light (Aka: Dead Island 2)
« on: May 28, 2013, 09:29:44 PM »
Not exact 2, but hey, this seems like it'll be a pretty cool game.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/05/24/dying-light-is-a-new-horror-survival-game-by-dead-island-developer/

Parkour-esque Dead Island? Yes plz.

Anyone thinking it'll be good?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 09:59:06 PM by Ðeath. »

Offline Christovski

Re: Dead Island 2?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 09:46:03 PM »
Why call it Dead island Death, its not much at all like it, only by the same developer adn they have specifically said its not intended to be a sequel

chump :P

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 09:46:03 PM »

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 09:50:07 PM »
I saw the screenshots before the writing, and I just thought "this looks like a brown, shantified Dead Island", turns out I was right.

I really don't have high hopes for this game though, I didn't particularly like the game, and the movement to me was clunky, I don't think the producers would pull this off well.

But anyway, that's just me, I'll still keep tabs and see how it goes - although it doesn't leave a good taste.
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Ðeath.

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 09:58:06 PM »
Why call it Dead island Death, its not much at all like it, only by the same developer adn they have specifically said its not intended to be a sequel

chump :P

Contains pretty much the exact same elements, too.

Offline Inject OH 4

Re: Dying Light (Aka: Dead Island 2)
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 04:43:10 AM »
Well considering I didn't like Dead Island one... please fu#king no!
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 05:18:50 AM »

Or how about yes, and if you don't like it, don't get it.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 06:00:29 AM »

It's a horrible game
Design and game play alone they made a bs trailer that fooled a bunch into thinking a solid game was coming out.

Sorry no respect for them. So how about no!
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 06:17:15 AM »

It's a horrible game
Design and game play alone they made a bs trailer that fooled a bunch into thinking a solid game was coming out.

Personally, I thought the game was loads of fun. It's got a great Combat system, it's extremely fun with other people. (Difficult but enjoyable in single player.)

I thought the level designs were fantastic (Not counting the unholy hell that was the sewers) and for the most part, I experienced no bugs or glitches that weren't directly my own fault.

It wasn't the best game, but it's far from being a terrible game.
Though, I will admit the story was extremely wobbly, but it was still fun nonetheless.

So I repeat

The game's coming out either way, you knew the thread was going to be about a game related to Dead Island, something you stated you didn't like.

And yet you still came into the thread solely to say "Please fucking no" does that make any sense to you?

That's like if someone made a thread titled "Name here (Aka: Anime Title #2)" I don't like anime, but I'm not going to go into a thread to specifically say "Please fucking no, anime is terrible"

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 06:22:56 AM »

It's a horrible game

Personally, I thought the game was loads of fun. It's got a great Combat system, it's extremely fun with other people. (Difficult but enjoyable in single player.)

I thought the level designs were fantastic (Not counting the unholy hell that was the sewers) and for the most part, I experienced no bugs or glitches that weren't directly my own fault.

Though, I will admit the story was extremely wobbly, but it was still fun nonetheless.

So I repeat

The game's coming out either way, you knew the thread was going to be about a game related to Dead Island, something you stated you didn't like.

And yet you still came into the thread solely to say "Please fucking no" does that make any sense to you?

That's like if someone made a thread titled "Name here (Aka: Anime Title #2)" I don't like anime, but I'm not going to go into a thread to specifically say "Please fucking no, anime is terrible"
Loads of bugs on release not sure what you're talking about.
Combat system was what it was. Nothing special in my opinion. WAY TO MANY RPG OPEN WORLD games these days tho.

This is a forum. I said I don't like it. Forums are for posting opinions.

So I REPEAT... please fucking no.

EQUESTRIAN GIRLS UNITE...

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 06:31:03 AM »

It's a horrible game

So I repeat

Combat system was what it was. Nothing special in my opinion. WAY TO MANY RPG OPEN WORLD games these days tho.

"EQUESTRIAN GIRLS UNITE..."

You wanna go see it in theater together?

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 06:40:25 AM »

It's a horrible game

So I repeat

"EQUESTRIAN GIRLS UNITE..."

You wanna go see it in theater together?
HELL YEAH I DO!

XD

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 09:10:45 AM »
Too much dick waving. ABORT THREAD, ABORT THREAD.
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 11:56:54 AM »
Honestly it sounds like the kind of zombie game I want, focus on scavenging and BUILDING things with your salvage, focus on SURVIVAL and escape from zombies, NOT spending the entire game on a zombie killing spree.

I really want a game that focuses on finding clever or quick ways through obstacles, outsmarting the zombies, rather than having every obstacle be 'kill the obstacle to pass' so I'm cautiously optimistic because this sounds like they are trying to focus less on killing all the zombies as before, and more on survival and crafting.

And I hope theres a lot less of the "hey looks heres some piece of shit humans trying to kill you or take all your stuff every 5 minutes so its more like a first person shooter than a zombie game" I'm looking at you Day Z.

If I wanted to play a human killing sim I'd play friggin arma.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Ðeath.

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 11:58:34 AM »
Co-op + Dead Island + Mirrors Edge = Dying Light.

I think this will be good.

Edit: Oh and what about sprint/stamina. Oh boy.

Offline BladeTwinSwords

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 02:08:01 PM »
Dead Island was ok. Not great but ok. The amount of glitches was annoying.

This game looks alright.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 02:08:01 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal