Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I learned today that a draft was still a thing, what do you guys think?  (Read 10944 times)

Offline Blackllama

Back to women not being included in the draft. If they want they can go enlist if they really wanted to fight. But honestly, what happened to common courtesy instead of sexism. That woman is a sister, daughter, or a mom. Now imagine the orphan/brother who won't see her for a few years or come back in a coffin.
Your logic is flawed. Men can have siblings/parents/kids too.

Offline UnknownError

Back to women not being included in the draft. If they want they can go enlist if they really wanted to fight. But honestly, what happened to common courtesy instead of sexism. That woman is a sister, daughter, or a mom. Now imagine the orphan/brother who won't see her for a few years or come back in a coffin.

My argument was that if a draft was enacted, a male would step up and fight. A woman doesn't need to have to fight unless she wants too. It's more socially acceptable to hear a male soldiers death than a females. It's more infuriating to hear that a woman was captured than a man as a POW.

Don't get me wrong, males aren't all superman and have to "tough it out". Hell, I'm still afraid of death, but its reassuring for me that my sister doesn't also have to fight.
"DONT JUST WHIP IT OUT"-All of Haiti
"my nipples are hard" - Mrs.TheNurse (MeOwMoO)
"Guztav: How dare you leave me, you beuitiful individual full of love"
"Time to eat 8 tacos" - BladeTwinSwords
"How about I send your buttcheeks to Tybers "magic stick" - Linkster
"+1, seems like a guy who doesn't abuse power, etc."- Death
"He betta wrap dat sheet, ho. Don't want no baby unknowns runnin round" - Oobla
"YOU WANT SOME MORE CRACKERS" - Nexus

Best on TTT: 12 Kills, 8 Headshots

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

Offline Blackllama

My argument was that if a draft was enacted, a male would step up and fight. A woman doesn't need to have to fight unless she wants too. It's more socially acceptable to hear a male soldiers death than a females. It's more infuriating to hear that a woman was captured than a man as a POW.

Don't get me wrong, males aren't all superman and have to "tough it out". Hell, I'm still afraid of death, but its reassuring for me that my sister doesn't also have to fight.
I fail to understand why they get a choice and I'm forced. If I wanted to protect loved ones I would enlist, that's not a reason to force men to fight.

War is not supposed to be socially acceptable. If the public doesn't want to hear about women dying they can suck it up. There are men and women who would enlist, and men and women who would move to canada. It's not fair giving women the choice and drafting the men.

Offline Coreybush11

Explain to me how it isn't sexist that women aren't forced to join but a man is. I don't give a fuck what is socially acceptable, do you know what was "socially acceptable" in Nazi Germany? Or even in modern times, when it is socially acceptable in some countries that are under a theocracy to use their religion as an excuse to rape others.

Offline UnknownError

To me its like holding the door open for a girl. It's not sexist just how society has evolved into.

Offline Coreybush11

To me its like holding the door open for a girl.

Being forced into war and HOLDING A GOD DAMN DOOR OPEN ARE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS
And if you only open doors for girls instead of ANY INDIVIDUAL that is borderline sexist.
I hold the damn door open for whoever is behind me or walking out/in when I can get there first, I don't care what sex they are.

It's not sexist just how society has evolved into.
Society can "evolve" into sexist ideals.
The aspect of chivalry of having to protect a woman because she is a woman and the man is the knight in shining armor because he is a man is sexist, no matter how you look at it.

Offline Liam Neeson

Just wait until you're my age and they send you threatening letters saying to sign up or get slapped with a felony. I already know I'm signed up for the draft stop sending me that shit, seriously.

Edit: also my parents never told me about it until they sent me my first notice

Offline Tictactoe360

Being forced into war and HOLDING A GOD DAMN DOOR OPEN ARE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS
And if you only open doors for girls instead of ANY INDIVIDUAL that is borderline sexist.
I hold the damn door open for whoever is behind me or walking out/in when I can get there first, I don't care what sex they are.

The aspect of chivalry of having to protect a woman because she is a woman and the man is the knight in shining armor because he is a man is sexist, no matter how you look at it.

Would you like to send 1 Parent to war or both?

Offline Blackllama

What makes you think that a draft of both sexes would send everyone to war? An even amount of men/women should be drafted.

Offline Liam Neeson

What makes you think that a draft of both sexes would send everyone to war? An even amount of men/women should be drafted.
Or we could just get rid of the draft

Offline Blackllama

Or we could just get rid of the draft
Also a good idea.

Offline Tictactoe360

"On January 23, 2013, the Pentagon decided to end its policy of excluding women from combat positions. Military and legal analysts speculate that this will open the door for Congress to begin the process to amend the law and remove the exemption from registration requirements."

There you go, you can stop bitching now the women will have to go to war too.

Offline Blackllama

"On January 23, 2013, the Pentagon decided to end its policy of excluding women from combat positions. Military and legal analysts speculate that this will open the door for Congress to begin the process to amend the law and remove the exemption from registration requirements."

There you go, you can stop bitching now the women will have to go to war too.
It might happen in the future, but as of now they still don't have to register for selective service.

Offline UnknownError

I was finally able to word my main point right.

You guys aren't argueing that women should have equality, having to also be drafted. More so you are saying that "If I have to fight and die. So do they!!!"

Offline Tictactoe360

I was finally able to word my main point right.

You guys aren't argueing that women should have equality, having to also be drafted. More so you are saying that "If I have to fight and die. So do they!!!"

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal