Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I learned today that a draft was still a thing, what do you guys think?  (Read 10946 times)

Offline Christovski

Can't Tell if trolling, Drunk or fucking batshit insane.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Leetgrain

It's a different thing here, but I've had a letter from France, saying I may have to do military training and six months police training/work, and that I've been recommended by a person who knows someone in my family, from the  "Groupe d'Intervention Gendarmerie Nationale" (GIGN: Basically the French equivalent of the S.A.S) and may be selected for even more training if "My performance is of a high tier".

It sounds exciting, but I don't know if I'd take it up, I think I'd only do it after I am able to transition from MtF... but again, I still don't know.

IT WAS AN AMAZING IDEA TO POST THIS ON THE NET
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 11:22:58 AM by Leetgrain »
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

Offline Jorgen

We have a similar system in Norway, however if it is anything remotely like what we have only the people of peak condition get chosen to actually serve so don't worry Corey xD
If it also is remotely like it is here you can deny the draft if you have legitimate reasons for doing so, injuries, education, paternity and similar things that hinder you from being away for a year.

I understand the feelings around this subject, nasionalism and paranoia. On one hand you want to serve your country protect your people. On the other hand though how can you trust your country to fight for your views? No one here can say without being 100% crazy that their country is flawless and fights for the exact same things you do. So being drafted eliminates the posibility of choice, it makes it so that if there is a war like say the vietnam war you have no choice you go and possibly die for a cause you don't find just or worthy.
I honestly don't understand if we are truly free countries why are we forced to fight wars we disagree with? There can be no freedom via force, it can't be great for morale either so why is the system in place?

Offline Old Crow

Its in place because during peacetime the military is constantly cut to save money. Once a major war begins however, manpower is vital to win that war, and often times the peacetime military does not have enough people to fight. Right now the US military has about 1 million men spread across several branches, but if that was increased five fold, it gives the US a huge advantage, so the only way to combat somebody else drafting, is to have a draft yourself.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Coreybush11

If you honestly think that there would be a lack of finding recruits during wartime in America where everyone is so patriotic that it burns then please stop.

I knew nothing about this because I have never been told about it before.

It doesn't matter what gender you are you can serve in the military. Thinking otherwise is just pure sexism. If women do not have to be drafted then why do men?
And that just leads to more questions such as: who would stay behind if we did cut out the sexist nature of it? If we didn't, is it right to have some men who would rather stay at home be fighting but keep some women at home who would love to fight?

What do draftees do to fight? Do they have to go to bootcamp to train or do they just go straight into battle, I'm just asking here. Cause if the very small chance that I was selected and we had to go to bootcamp I would be kicked out. It wouldn't even be on purpose, it's because I don't take kindly to cranky people yelling at me and I would just laugh at them and leave. If it was just being thrown into battle then I would be a deserter. I will not fight. It goes against every belief that I hold to fight to kill another individual who has not directly harmed me or another that I know.

Offline Old Crow

They go to boot camp Corey and get training. The only way the training would be shortened is if America was invaded, forcing us to train recruits fewer hours.

If you were drafted, you have to pass a physical first before anything.

Here is the thing. Even with "patriots" joining, in total war you need as many men as possible, hence a draft.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

(GIGN: Basically the French equivalent of the S.W.A.T/S.A.S) and may be selected for even more training if "My performance is of a high tier".

I fucking hate it when people compare the S.W.A.T. to special forces and elite counter-terrorist units, they are not in any sense of the word. The S.W.A.T. is just an over glorified police asset, the S.A.S. is more like the equivalent to the American Delta Force or DEVGRU. I understand your current position leetgrain and why this is problematic for you but it's pretty crazy that you got selected for this.

Back on the topic though, assuming America's national security was placed directly at risk they would be pretty picky with their draft candidates that go on to train. This drafting system isn't even that bad, a lot of countries force able bodied people to join the reserves and train regardless of the threat that they are currently in. Take Finland for example, the only non-NATO European country bordering Russia, they force everyone to take military training when they are able and then keep them as reservists for some years after, they currently have somewhere around 600 000 people in this program.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Dante

Fuck America. I hate this country so bad. Why defend a country full of people I despise. Sure I don't hate all Americans, but so many are so stupid I'd wish they do get drafted, as cannon fodder. I am already making plans to take vacation and possibly move, to Germany and Russia, where my ancestors were from. Because if the 3 Gotcher brothers (Mercenaries) saw America the way it is now, they would have either taken money or just not fight, instead of getting free land.

I'm not trolling, nor was I drunk. I seriously hate most of the people in America, especially California. I walk around downtown bakersfield or LA and hear people talking shit about every country but america, hell every day I hear someone thanking "God" for the Tsunami that hit Japan a while back, the 420 shootout and the recent Bombings. When do they stop thanking "God" for disasters and instead question why "God" lets these things happen? When it happens to America. Not to mention all the hate crimes I have witnessed in CA for being different, where most cops don't do shit. Even with my town, Bakersfield, the Cops motto is basically "Shoot anyone not from bakersfield." Most people from other towns that break laws do get shot, before taken to the ground.

Why should I protect people I despise? Why sacrifice my life for people who I would rather see vanish?

Offline Sniper no Sniping

Fuck America. I hate this country so bad. Why defend a country full of people I despise. Sure I don't hate all Americans, but so many are so stupid I'd wish they do get drafted, as cannon fodder. I am already making plans to take vacation and possibly move, to Germany and Russia, where my ancestors were from. Because if the 3 Gotcher brothers (Mercenaries) saw America the way it is now, they would have either taken money or just not fight, instead of getting free land.

I'm not trolling, nor was I drunk. I seriously hate most of the people in America, especially California. I walk around downtown bakersfield or LA and hear people talking shit about every country but america, hell every day I hear someone thanking "God" for the Tsunami that hit Japan a while back, the 420 shootout and the recent Bombings. When do they stop thanking "God" for disasters and instead question why "God" lets these things happen? When it happens to America. Not to mention all the hate crimes I have witnessed in CA for being different, where most cops don't do shit. Even with my town, Bakersfield, the Cops motto is basically "Shoot anyone not from bakersfield." Most people from other towns that break laws do get shot, before taken to the ground.

Why should I protect people I despise? Why sacrifice my life for people who I would rather see vanish?
You're generalizing almost half a continent for the actions of a few people in one state. I've never heard people like that where I live.

Also lets not stray off the topic.

Offline Dante

I'm not trolling, nor was I drunk. I seriously hate most of the people in America, especially California. I walk around downtown bakersfield or LA and hear people talking shit about every country but America, hell every day I hear someone thanking "God" for the Tsunami that hit Japan a while back, the 420 shootout and the recent Bombings. When do they stop thanking "God" for disasters and instead question why "God" lets these things happen? When it happens to America. Not to mention all the hate crimes I have witnessed in CA for being different, where most cops don't do shit. Even with my town, Bakersfield, the Cops motto is basically "Shoot anyone not from bakersfield." Most people from other towns that break laws do get shot, before taken to the ground.

You're generalizing almost half a continent for the actions of a few people in one state. I've never heard people like that where I live.

Also lets not stray off the topic.
This is on topic.
And not a few amount of people, I'm talking a lot of people. My friends see it all the time too, and they know people who do too. Note I never was Generalizing half a continent I said why should I protect America at all when there are so many people I hate, who are ignorant and racist.
I have seen the best and worst of California, it can only gets worse.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 02:05:40 PM by DoomBringerDANTE »

Offline Christovski

This thread just got Dante-rolled.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Leetgrain

Welp the generalization was strong with that one.

Anyway, might be the same station, but let's get back on the right train, alright? Back onto drafting and enrollment/etc.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.

Offline UnknownError

In the heat of the moment, being nice guy will get you killed. The guy on the other side holding the gun, probably is not going to hesitate to pull the trigger.

You do what's right for your country and your people. If you're going to be selfish and let your peers die on the front lines protecting your sorry ass, then you should leave the country in my opinion.

I'm not particularly patriotic but I still believe that America, being a young naive country, has good intentions.

Back to women not being included in the draft. If they want they can go enlist if they really wanted to fight. But honestly, what happened to common courtesy instead of sexism. That woman is a sister, daughter, or a mom. Now imagine the orphan/brother who won't see her for a few years or come back in a coffin.
"DONT JUST WHIP IT OUT"-All of Haiti
"my nipples are hard" - Mrs.TheNurse (MeOwMoO)
"Guztav: How dare you leave me, you beuitiful individual full of love"
"Time to eat 8 tacos" - BladeTwinSwords
"How about I send your buttcheeks to Tybers "magic stick" - Linkster
"+1, seems like a guy who doesn't abuse power, etc."- Death
"He betta wrap dat sheet, ho. Don't want no baby unknowns runnin round" - Oobla
"YOU WANT SOME MORE CRACKERS" - Nexus

Best on TTT: 12 Kills, 8 Headshots

Offline Coreybush11

Back to women not being included in the draft. If they want they can go enlist if they really wanted to fight. But honestly, what happened to common courtesy instead of sexism. That woman is a sister, daughter, or a mom. Now imagine the orphan/brother who won't see her for a few years or come back in a coffin.

Common courtesy?

That man is a brother, son, or a father. Now imagine the individuals who will not see him that care about him for a few years or come back in a coffin.
Men and women are equal and it makes no sense to single out one gender for the draft over the other.
Women don't need men specifically to protect them and men don't need women specifically to protect them. Each needs individual volunteers who of their own free will will do it.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 03:53:04 PM by Coreybush11 »

Offline Leetgrain

In the heat of the moment, being nice guy will get you killed. The guy on the other side holding the gun, probably is not going to hesitate to pull the trigger.

You do what's right for your country and your people. If you're going to be selfish and let your peers die on the front lines protecting your sorry ass, then you should leave the country in my opinion.

I'm not particularly patriotic but I still believe that America, being a young naive country, has good intentions.

Are you talking about the brother, or the sister? Because in either case the roles could be reversed and it would still be the same.

Egh, war is horrible, and no matter what there will be casualties,  no matter what gender, but they should be allowed to serve if they want to, it's their choice, even if it does just end in grieving.

Common courtesy?

That man is a brother, son, or a father. Now imagine the individuals who will not see him that care about him for a few years or come back in a coffin.
Men and women are equal and it makes no sense to single out one gender for the draft over the other.
Women don't need men specifically to protect them and men don't need women specifically to protect them. Each needs individual volunteers who of their own free will will do it.

This.
It's an ulgy dem file.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal